Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Slant Top - Help with Coin Comparitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Slant Top - Help with Coin Comparitor  (Read 2721 times)
marcun
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »

Hello all, new to the forum and just bought my first machine.  It's an IGT s+ slant top double diamond machine.  It seems to work well except the coin mech isn't fully functional.  It seems to have all the parts but the comparitor is not installed, it's loose.  I installed it but don't see the wiring that connects to it or where it would plug from the comparitor to the machine.

Also, the machine is missing the whole dollar bill assembly.  I don't have a need to get this functioning but would like to get a faceplate and make it light up.  Any recommendations on where to get the face and if you can luminate it without the rest of the guts?

Thanks,

Nathan
marcun
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »

Some more information, the unit with the test button that adds credits for testing is just dangling.  Not sure if this gets installed with the coin comparitor or if it gets installed elsewhere.  It is wired and works but i'm guessing it's not supposed to be hanging loosely in the cabinet.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »

Nathan    NLG Welcome Welcome

Pictures, pictures we want pictures.

The part that's dangling is  I think the coin optics, as I recall it's suppose to have a couple of small screws holding it to the back plate. I'm assuming the 4 plastic ears that hold the coin comparator is place are there. The BV bezel, I have a whole bunch of them ane your more than welcome to one. The only thing is you have to have the complete BV assembly because the bezel attaches to the head. I have a whole bunch of DBV 200 and transports, give me some time and see if any of them are any good. Your going to  have to open the top box ( glass ) and see if you have the power supply for the BV. Above and behind the #2 reel you can feel a small knob, press in on the glass frame work and pull down on that knob at the same time. The power supply will be on your right, right next to the BV. ( No power supply = no light in the bezel ) I'm not sure if I have a CC pig tail or not.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »

The "test" button you speak of is attached to the optics that is part of a whole coin comparitor/optiocs assembly.  If it is just loose and there's no bracket to install the comparitor and the optics, you are missing that.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
marcun
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »

Here are some pics.  I was able to get the comparitor installed with the optic assembly and the coins seem to travel properly from the coin head to the hopper.  I ordered the pigtail for the comparitor and i see where it attaches to the unit but i'm not sure where it attaches to the slot machine.  I've also attached a picture where a DBV once resided.  It appears to have a power supply.

* B72DD83F-2A2A-4CFF-84F0-A7B5E11B1728.jpeg (189.32 KB, 690x921 - viewed 306 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.