Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  The world's loosest 'tight' machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world's loosest 'tight' machine  (Read 2198 times)
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« on: September 14, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »

I just finished modifying my very tight (78% payback, 4% hit frequency) bars only (JPO) machine into a VERY liberal one.
When in Loose-Mode, the thing pays out 2 coins every time you hit a blank on the 3rd reel.  Well, there are something like 11 blanks on the 3rd reel, so that means that over half the time you are doubling your money.
Fortunately Bally often put in lower pays when they built their looms, so it wasn't that hard to re-wire the single cherry pay,  I had to put a couple of jumpers on the 3rd reel wiper board, but, as I say most of the wiring was already there.
I'm getting ready to try to sell this thing at one of our local antique stores, and figured out that if it has a good hit frequency, it'll be more 'saleable'.
Unfortunately, it's going to be impossible to realistically calculate the actual odds on this one.  It uses a hopper reset sequence similar to the continental (hopper resets one time for every extra coin played), and because it happens so fast, there is often an extra coin payed out for each coin in.  (The hopper scavenger is slower than the hopper reset)

But the way cool thing I like about this, is that I wired the 2 coin pay up to the 'call attendant' button.  So, if you want liberal odds, you push the change light.  If it's paying out too much, you push the light again, and it goes back to 78%.
Gets too tight, push button again....

Actually, it's kind of a kick in the head to play.
Just wanted to share the latest project.....
Anyone out there able to calculate hit frequencies on this monster?
Standard mode is under 4%, Loose mode, I have NO idea.
daisyjuke
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »

OldReno, I'm a newbee to this, as you know, and I had no interest in slots at all until a month ago. All of a sudden, I'm countin symbols on reels, hits, misses, coins in....etc...etc....etc.....what have you guys done to me!
Can you point me to a post that explains payback and hit % ?
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 03:37:37 PM »

Well, I knew we had something in here somewhere about that.  Found it on the last page of E/Ms
link is -
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=171.0
daisyjuke
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »

Thx. I will attempt to get my head around that using the reels on my machine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.