Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Help with ChamII+ Progressive setup, please?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with ChamII+ Progressive setup, please?  (Read 5272 times)
Fly-n-DW
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:55:09 AM »

Could I get some help with an S+ slot and ChamII+ progressive setup, please?  I can’t get the slot machine to increment as coins are played
I had everything working last weekend but failed to save the configuration.  I went back in and made a couple changes to my #5 Jpot.do message and the machine will no longer increment as coins are played.  I apparently made some other changes unknowingly.
The machine is a RWB 3CM with a 1271 game chip.  I have the 1271 chip configured as linked in the setup as suggested in other posts.
I'd thought I had a problem in the machine but I've hooked the Cham up to three different S+'s with the same results.  (All 3 machines show a voltage blip on a multi meter when coins are played.)

The controller is Mikohn (341-075-00 CSTLR Stand Alone) and set up as:

ADDR:
Con2
Gradr=255
Idadr =1
Router add.= Off
Mach Addr=8

Disp
JP Limit=  No
Displays= 1
JP Group 1= SA0
Mfile= 0
Odspeed= 10
Font1= Odmtr8
Size= 64 (currently)

Syst
Test= Off
Birth= Off
Show load and C1= both yes
Symbol= $
Sound= Disable

Page 1
PSP setup is both base and current at $2,500.00
Hidden is 0
JP Limit= 9999999999
Increment= 00.10 000 00
F3 = single
F4= M-08
F8=M00

Page 2
Jackpot summary is a mystery to me and I’ve left it as the default, all 7’s

Page 4
My message in #5 displays w/no problems and alternates with the current jackpot amount w/no problem.

Page 5
F3=default

Page 6
F3= 01SLV
F5= SV01
F6=M-00
F7=3 sec
F8=MS00

Page (A)
After Jackpot Increments are left at the defaults.

I’ve changed most all settings all over the place (powering off the ChamII and turning back on to send the new changes.  All changes show accordingly but still no increment shows up on the machine.

Thanks for any help!

DW

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:02:19 AM by Fly-n-DW » Logged
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:03:23 AM »

I don't know about an S+ since I don't have one. On a 2000 in the machine settings it has to be set to linked
Fly-n-DW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:08:27 AM »

Thanks, Ford.  I also have these set up as linked in the machine setup.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:15:14 AM »

It was worth checking. Then that's not the problem.
When I was setting mine up I had the problem you do & my problem was I didn't have it set on linked.
Wish I knew what to tell you.
Foster or Stormrider will have the answer
Ford
Fly-n-DW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »

Thanks, Ford, I appreciate it.  As mentioned, I did have it working at one time.  Funny thing though was that when I couldn't get it to increment in on the initial setup in the house, I brought it out here to the shop and hooked it up to another S+ here and the damn thing worked fine!  I thought Hmmmmm so I hooked it up to yet a second S+ out here and it worked ok on it as well!.  So I took a multi meter into the house and checked for a pulse from the machine in there.  I had a pulse when a coin was played so figuring all was working as it should there, I took the Cham back in and hooked it back up and damned if it didn't work fine????
So figuring I had it all situated OK, (not knowing how) I made a couple changes in the Jpot.do file and have never been able to get it to increment since.........!!  I've almost pulled what few hairs I have left out!

Thanks,  DW
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:33:29 AM »

Is the message the only thing that displays or does the jackpot also display?
Fly-n-DW
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:36:20 AM »

Yes, the current jackpot and message both display OK.  I've made numerous changes to the message, both still alternate OK as should.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:05 AM »

If both display someone smarter then I has to help. Sorry
Ford

Going to hit the sheets. If I think of anything tomorrow will let you know
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »

Try the seach button with the word "increment". It will give you some ideas to try.

Mine a one time was the cable I made, had strand of wire shorting out at the connection
to the mother board. Of course it was a S-2000 not an S+.

Ron (r273)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »

The controller is Mikohn (341-075-00 CSTLR Stand Alone) and set up as:

ADDR:
Con2
Gradr=255
Idadr =1
Router add.= Off
Mach Addr=8

Page 1
PSP setup is both base and current at $2,500.00
Hidden is 0
JP Limit= 9999999999
Increment= 00.10 000 00
F3 = single
F4= M-08
F8=M00

Page 6
F3= 01SLV
F5= SV01
F6=M-00
F7=3 sec
F8=MS00

Hi Fly-n-DW, I would guess the F4=M-08 might not be right for an S+.  In the Tech Guide, what is the setting for older IGT?  I'm thinking it's M-00 or M-05?  So, I'd try ...

CHAMII, Mach Addr=1 (this shouldn't make a difference, but why not?)
Page 1, F4= M-00
Page 6, check F6 and F8 in the Tech Guide - can't remember how those correspond to page 1.

Good luck!   wave
Fly-n-DW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »

r273...  The first cable I made was a quick temporary cable.  A bad cable was my first thoughts as well after I saw that I was getting coin pulses from the machine.  I checked the continuity etc. and all was OK.  Since then I've made up another, more solid, permanent cable with good connectors that fit the socet.

The manual shows the IGT (older machines) used M-00 or M-5 and newer machines M-08.  My S+'s are all the mid 90's era.  Since the PSP V. 2.0 manual shows year 1991, I considered these would be considered newer and used M-08 but I've tried several anyway.  Allot of C-14 Error Codes along the way. 

Still experimenting.  I appreciate your ideas.

DW

stormrider
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

r273...  The first cable I made was a quick temporary cable.  A bad cable was my first thoughts as well after I saw that I was getting coin pulses from the machine.  I checked the continuity etc. and all was OK.  Since then I've made up another, more solid, permanent cable with good connectors that fit the socet.

The manual shows the IGT (older machines) used M-00 or M-5 and newer machines M-08.  My S+'s are all the mid 90's era.  Since the PSP V. 2.0 manual shows year 1991, I considered these would be considered newer and used M-08 but I've tried several anyway.  Allot of C-14 Error Codes along the way. 

Still experimenting.  I appreciate your ideas.

DW

DW,

Sorry I can't help with the S+ setup as I don't own one
nor ever setup one with a chamII+

But according to my notes psp should be set to

F4=M05
F8=MS08

I think Foster might be able to help you with this

Here is a older thread that might help you out

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=d31ea996ca8b78fec7ac209672db15e8&topic=46.0

Good Luck. Tim
Fly-n-DW
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »

I was just about to send an email to all who attempted to help..., Thank you!... I appreciate it!  Hail

It's working all OK now and the problem all along was, -OPERATOR ERROR-.  frying pan  The first cable I made up was a quick, thrown together to get hooked up between the slot and Cham.  For some reason it didn't want to work on the R. Top in the my office.  After some messing around with settings etc. with still nothing, I took it out to the shop and it worked fine on twp other slots out there.  So I brought the Cham back into the office and it worked here as well so I'm assuming I had/have an intermitent problem with that first cable.

To clean things up a bit, I made up a second cable, one w/plugs on each end that fit the sockets like they should etc., checked continuity and all looked good but I could no longer get the Cham and slot to talk.  I'd been messing w/some settings during that time and figured I had something in there screwed up and finally asked for help here!  This morning I went out and hooked one of the slots in the shop up (to a second ChamII that I've aquired since all this started) but with the settings all set exactly as the one in the house but using my old, original cable and it worked as should be!

So I took yet another -slowed down- look at the new cable and realized that I had the damn serial and ground wires transposed on the mother board end.  You'd think that would have been pretty obvious the previous times I'd checked but I'd completely missed it.  I'd looked at that stupid cable 2-3 times (the newly made one) to verify that it was wired correctly.  

Once again, thanks...  DW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.