Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S 2000 Vision POW ! Smoke ! Smell ! Why ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S 2000 Vision POW ! Smoke ! Smell ! Why ?  (Read 2311 times)
gordy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »

This happened to two machines. There was a loud POP, then a small amount of smoke and the tell-tale electronic burning smell.  It came from the upper display. Shut down the machine to cool it down. Opened the display. Sniffed like a big dog. Could not find anything burnt by sight or smell. Turned on the machine and it works perfectly.  One of these machines has been perfect for two years after it happened.  Anyone know why ?  Any fire risks or other risks in the future ?  Something imploded faster than Obama in the first debate.
knuckleheadrider
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »

Gordy, it sounds like a capacitor blew. As for why it still works, I have no idea .... Does EVERYTHING work as it should?? From what you describe, these are common symptoms of a cap (capacitor) popping.   The caps will look like little "cans" ... look for one with a bulged top. Sorry, that's all I got. Timm .....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »

The only time I've smelled something like that in conjunction with a loud pop was when a capacitor blew up. Look carefully at the top box LCD control board and the amp board(if it has one)for the telltale remains. The fact that it still works after this happening indicates tat whatever caused it or whatever part was involved wasn't a terribly critical component  and your fears of fire and whatnot are not warranted. Was it a physical pop inside the machine or an audio pop that came through the speakers?
gordy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »

Checked that board first and could see no bulging or blown up caps.  For home use everything works fine with over a year on the one. Would say the POP was so loud it would exceed a speaker sound.  Thank you both.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

I too have had a few caps pop like that and games keep working  , i think there a few  voltages in p/s thays not used in all games, i have a s2000 blow and game was dead put same p/s in i game that is still going
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.