Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Let the dumb questions begin !!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let the dumb questions begin !!  (Read 4497 times)
knuckleheadrider
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 08, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »

O.K.  ..... After reading and reading for about the last week or two, I think I'm ready to start asking my dumb questions .... I'll start off with a fairly easy one ....
I was given an S+ roundtop Red, White, and Blue machine. I have gotten most things working as they should, however, one thing (for now) is puzzling me ... I bought 2 boxes of bulbs and replaced all of the burnt out bulbs. I think there was only 1 bulb that wasn't burnt out.  All lights are working EXCEPT the "Change" button (is there a button for "Hope"??). I put a bulb in the holder and waalaah!! nothing!! So I looked a little deeper and found that there are no wires going to the bulb holder (only on the "change" button). Is the "Change" light supposed to light or not?? I looked at the wiring harness and did not find any wires for this bulb. I was thinking about running jumpers from another switch to get it to work. What do you all say???

While I'm at it, I might as well throw out my other question ..... I want to disable the "cash out" button. Do I just unplug the switch, or should I jumper the two wires to the switch together?? Thanks for your input, and I'm sure you'll be hearing more dumb questions from me soon. (As soon as I i receive my DBV145to upgrade my DBV45). Anyways, THANKS, Timm .....  P.S. If this doesn't make much sense, sorry, I'm not awake yet (coffee hasn't kicked in yet) ..... zzzzzzz zzzzzzz
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »

As far as the change button, IGT didn't run wires for the light on that switch so that's normal. The cash out button deal is going to be personal choice of setup. You can unplug the switch if you like but DON'T  tie the wires together, that is a normally open switch. What you'll run into though is that, depending on game settings, the switch is used to select how the game stores or doesn't store credits when a bill is inserted into the BV
knuckleheadrider

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:08 AM »

As far as the change button, IGT didn't run wires for the light on that switch so that's normal. The cash out button deal is going to be personal choice of setup. You can unplug the switch if you like but DON'T  tie the wires together, that is a normally open switch. What you'll run into though is that, depending on game settings, the switch is used to select how the game stores or doesn't store credits when a bill is inserted into the BV

Thanks for the replies Cowboy! I normally keep 100 or more credits in the machine, and I don't want someone (kids) coming along, putting in 1 quarter, and then cashing out. So if this switch is n.o., is it normally in the "tray pay" mode?? Thanks CB .... I see you are not far from me .... Timm ... P.S., Love your dog ... I have a chocolate .....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 11:19:42 AM »

I think labs are the best, thank you. I'm a little foggy on S+ settings as I sold my last one a couple years ago but generally the cashout button is used to select as to whether the machine stores credits or cashes out when bills are inserted in addition to cashing out stored credits when you choose to do that. My mother-in-law was bad about hitting that button inadvertently so I put a cap over it when she came to play
mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »

Just program it to where it is set at setting 2, I believe it is, where there is no player selectable credit.  It's automatically on credit, everything goes to the win meter, no need to make that choice.  Then, simply release the switch from the button holder, and let it dangle, rendering the cash out button inoperative.  This is how I have set all mine up, for that same reason, the kid that goes down the row to cashout on 8 machines at once. 
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »

What SP chip are you running?
knuckleheadrider

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »

What SP chip are you running?

I *think* it is sp731 .... It is a Red,White, and Blue game. Timm ....
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »

Just program it to where it is set at setting 2, I believe it is, where there is no player selectable credit.  It's automatically on credit, everything goes to the win meter, no need to make that choice.  Then, simply release the switch from the button holder, and let it dangle, rendering the cash out button inoperative.  This is how I have set all mine up, for that same reason, the kid that goes down the row to cashout on 8 machines at once. 

Darn kids!  hissy fit hissy fit   And if you point to the button and tell them to not touch it, they are drawn to it like moths to a flame... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »

Here is the psr for the 731. Should help you with the settings. Or you can just duct tape their hands totether. Crazy Cry Laughing

* SP731.pdf (297.96 KB - downloaded 250 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »

O.K.  ..... After reading and reading for about the last week or two, I think I'm ready to start asking my dumb questions .... I'll start off with a fairly easy one ....
I was given an S+ roundtop Red, White, and Blue machine. I have gotten most things working as they should, however, one thing (for now) is puzzling me ... I bought 2 boxes of bulbs and replaced all of the burnt out bulbs. I think there was only 1 bulb that wasn't burnt out.  All lights are working EXCEPT the "Change" button (is there a button for "Hope"??). I put a bulb in the holder and waalaah!! nothing!! So I looked a little deeper and found that there are no wires going to the bulb holder (only on the "change" button). Is the "Change" light supposed to light or not?? I looked at the wiring harness and did not find any wires for this bulb. I was thinking about running jumpers from another switch to get it to work. What do you all say???

I asked this same question about a year ago and (somewhere!) there's a thread from Bunker (or was it Poppo?) on how he souped up his machine to make it light. What's interesting is that, IGT apparently wired up the slant top change buttons to light up...mine does! I always wondered why. And, in both my upight s plus's, there was a nice new bulb in the CHANGE socket.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.