Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  OEM flash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OEM flash  (Read 3752 times)
squirrel
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 15, 2012, 04:01:46 AM »

I am looking to buy a few games for my newly pieced together CPU nxt1 (green?)  After reading posts in other areas in this forum, I can see that getting working CF flash is problematic. So I want to buy working OEM used ones. When I look on Ebay I can see some CF pics that look as if they have  real stickers on them but then they have Sandisk labels underneath.  Other ones are just black. Are the all black ones with labels the ones most likely to be authentic? 

Thanks
CrazySAS
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:15:07 AM »

Hey Guys:

I commented

1 When wms CF starts operation, a first range of Themes using SanDisk
2. - The new ranges of themes are customized for wms CF. and are white or logo of WMS

Look at the picture

* VAMPIRE'S EMBRACE THEME.JPG (313.52 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 252 times.)
squirrel

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »

Hi,

I could have sworn I responded to your input already but I don't see it yet and it has been a day since I thought I clicked post.  Excuse me if this ends up as a double post Duh!  In any case, I think I get the OEM label look but I wanted to reconfirm to be sure I am getting it. I see on Ebay black cases with the OEM looking dual white sticker labels and I think hmmm... "Those look more like an OEM product because I don't see WMS sticking a Sandisk or other branded label on the case first and then sticking on their part number labels and codes.  But then I thought to myself, "Shoot with label makers and software being cheap and available, a seller could peel off a faked Sandisk-faked label  first and then paste a fake WMS OEM label on it; so just buying a black case and official looking label still doesn't mean I am buying the real deal." Maybe I am over thinking this, Scratch Head but I pieced together my own Green PCB CPUNXT1 and want to eliminate the possibility of the game flash causing an error before my short warranty on the last(read most expensive piece) runs out.

I then thought of a way that someone expert in the WMS enthusiast nitch could ease my concerns as I know from my CF based digital camera days(and we had similar problems) that a real card has a little white silk screened part number written on one of  the vertical sides  surface or on the back tiny vertical surface. Does anyone out there have the little white numbers that should be on a real 64 MB, 128, 256, and 512 MB size.  If I can find that out, then all I have to do is ask the eBay seller  offering  a black cased  card set with just the OEM label with the smaller OEM label on top on it what those numbers are and I can really be assured then  I am buying  a legitimate  used OEM set of cards.     

P.S. for those who are saying by now," Just buy one, you Nervous Nelly!" I just looked at the cards on eBay again and I see some of  the sets have base white stickers that have a big WMS logo and some that just have the part number showing just above the smaller sticker:  how to tell? Duh!

If anyone could help speedily, it would be great as I only have like about a week left on my warranty. I will post a word doc(made on a PowerMac) that shows links to what I am talking about.

* Label variations.doc (27 KB - downloaded 184 times.)
CrazySAS
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:53:46 AM »

estimated

Now I understand, maybe you're leading from the front of the CF, but let me open your eyes that you could void your warranty and you have not seen the back

the CF in the back is the manufacturer's mark or just a code barring the Quese referencing the manufacture of CF

I send you a sample, not just the front label as you know

I send a picture to your appreciation

* img113.jpg (47.92 KB, 511x409 - viewed 241 times.)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »

Hi guys,

I am one of the sellers on eBay that is offering some WMs software for sale. I know, for a fact, without doubt, that ALL of my items are OEM. The labels do vary, as stated by CrazySAS.

Here is an example of one of the original styles:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WMS-Milk-Money-Glass-Software-Game-Kit-/251171997748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7b048834

And here is one of the "new" label:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261111516930&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Again, BOTH are guaranteed to be OEM.

Roslyn

squirrel

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »

Hi,

Lol, Now I am really confused.   Scratch Head I thought I had ruled out the ones with Sandisk or other labels beneath the part number strip as guaranteed fakes and had the white label ones as the ones most likely to be real. So what is the history?  Did WMS originally sell them first with an OEM flash brand lable on the card itself and then add the little ribbon label strip and then switched later to a generic white bottom label for replacements?  Also, Yes, I was looking at the flash edge facing away from the insert point on the board when I was talking about the silscreeen numbers.

Thanks
squirrel

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:32:10 AM »

Hi again,

I guess I will have to go with the nfo I got. I am still a little nervous(with all due respect to contributors to this thread) as I had hoped for input from a member not directly involved with the selling of the very thing whose authenticity I am attempting to verify but, I will assume, in the absence of any mighty kharmic members weighing in to the contrary, that this thread contains accurate information and should be linked to by anyone discussing how to verify if a given set of flash cards are OEM WMS CF  memory or they are not.  stir the pot / get cooking  I will get to bidding.

Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.