Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Sierra Silver (1995) Easiest game change?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Sierra Silver (1995) Easiest game change?  (Read 5453 times)
JJL0412
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »

I have the 2 coin 'Nudge' Sierra Silver S+. Is there a way to know the payout % from the Reel Chip? I can not find a source with options that show the different % chips and cost.  Also. What would be the easiest swap out games to buy got this machine. I have heard the SP0731 chips, like mine has, would allow easier conversions. To what?  As a newbe, I am not sure what options are available.  Thanks.

* SierraSilver9_ezr2.jpg (43.73 KB, 408x544 - viewed 386 times.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:19:15 AM by JJL0412 » Logged
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Sierra%20Silver%20%282%20Coin%20Multiplier%29.htm

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »

If you are wanting to change the game (Sierra Silver) to a different game, like Double Diamond or something, then instructions are on the Home Page. Scroll down and the Game Change instructions are located on the right side of the page under Ricks FAQs. It is not difficult, takes maybe 45 minutes the first time you do it.

You can find many, many game kits on eBay. Just search "IGT game" or "IGT Game Kit". Or you can just check out some of the vendors eBay stores from the homepage here (scroll down and you will see their ads). Kits run around $50 and most contain the glass, reel strips, and chips (EPROMs) you will need to change to a "new" game.

Enjoy your new machine! And  NLG Welcome

Roslyn

JJL0412
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »

Thanks, very much.  Is the percentage Program # on the reel chip? I don't want to pull the mbd any more than necessary. And also thanks for the game swap info. I will do more research.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »

Thanks, very much.  Is the percentage Program # on the reel chip? I don't want to pull the mbd any more than necessary. And also thanks for the game swap info. I will do more research.

With machine on, open door press white test button 9 times, credit display should alternate between 2 numbers, they are your chip numbers SS and SP. That you can compair to the bible shown to you above for the percentage you have. post what number you get so we can advise if there are better available to you.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 12:06:08 AM »

Thanks, very much.  Is the percentage Program # on the reel chip? I don't want to pull the mbd any more than necessary. And also thanks for the game swap info. I will do more research.

You have e-mail  You've Got Mail
JJL0412
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:28 AM »

Had to push test button 11 times but anyway, SS4609 and SP0731. Ifound the SS info was 90.028(89.278) Not really sure if 1 of the other chips would make that much difference. (?) If so, which and cost?

My main issue with the payout is that it seems it is usually always the same 4, 5 or 6, etc winning combos appearing.  Over and over. Even the misses seem to be pretty much the same configuration. To the point it is fairly boring. It would be ok if every now and then something else would spin up, but it very seldom does. There are many other combos that could show, but the either very seldom or never do. If you play 100 times, it will be the same couple dozen or so configurations, win or lose. I would not mind if it really showed 'Random' combos.

Also I do not know where the SP0731 gaming chip stands in the choices that are available, good?  I have had the Sierra Silver for a few years. So the consistancy of the combos I am speaking of are apparent. That is why I am wondering if changing the RR, SP or entire game is what is needed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:43:52 AM by JJL0412 » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »

The SS or Reel chip determines the payback percentage.

FYI: when you insert a coin, bet one credit or bet max determines the outcome.
higher percentage chips just increase the number small to middle value payouts but the top 2 or 3 payouts will remain the same.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

On your current SS chip, which is on the tight side at 89%, you are seeing exactly what it was intended to do. Almost all small pays, with very few to no medium pays, and very infrequent big pays. I would suggest you change to a 97-98% chip. Anywhere 96% and above seem to work well at home. Some people even say, that while the 98% chips are fun, they pay off too often/too much, making it "unrealistic". All depends what your looking for I guess!

Check with any of the vendors on the home page and they can get you a different SS chip. Usually around $8-10.

Roslyn  wave

JJL0412
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »

Thanks. I appreciate the info.  Please refer me to someone who can assist me with getting another SS chip at a reasonable price. I want the SS4606 or 4607. 

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:17:22 PM by JJL0412 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.