Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  POSSIBLY COIN COMPARITOR ISSUES?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POSSIBLY COIN COMPARITOR ISSUES?  (Read 7820 times)
MrWoody13
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »

Hi All, Just joined the group. I just bought a Red White And Blue IGT S+. The guy I bought it from said it used to work and the Problem lies in the Clips, which 3 were broken. I replaced them and the macine still does not register the coins. they drop in but dont register. I understand there is an optics board and the Comparitor, that is involed with the coins. theres a small bush button on the optics board and when i push it. it registers as a coin being inserted. I also noticed that there is a green LED light on the back Of the comparitor. It doesnt light up at all. Is that normal.  the winners paid window indicated 181  and the coin window indicated 2. I tried resetting the machine wth the key and tried looking them up as error codes with no luck. Please Advise

Gabe
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:47:53 PM »

is the coin comparator a coinmech cc16 or some other manufacturer? on a cc 16 the led won't light with the door open unless you are in test mode. the 181 and 2 would indicate that the machine paid out 181 coins and 2coins were played on the last game. is the coin falling all the way through to the tray? there are two positions for those clips, forward for cc16 (small coin) or all the way back for cc 33 (large or dollar size coin).

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
Lyzard

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »

I had basically the same problem with my PE+ poker slant top

When I put coins in they would be returned to the player

Was advised to clean the Optics with a Q-tip (NO CLEANERS) plain water on Q-tip worked for me

also was informed to turn the little Screw that adjusts the sensitivity all the way to the Left I believe it was or counterclockwise (please someone correct me if i am mistaken)

Worked Perfect !!!!

I have the CC 16 competitor

oh also make sure the coin to be compaired is properly seated in the comparator made that mistake myself

hope it helps    GOT MY INFO FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!!

have learned a lot just had to ask

Lyzard
MrWoody13
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes Its a coinmech cc16d. theres a quarter already in it. when i insert quarters they drop right into the hopper like normal but they dont register. i put the clips in the same exact same location. i had pressed the button on the coin optics board played a a few games til i got some credit and closed the door and it reseted dispaying same 181 and 2, telling me the door optics work. So for now I put some credit on it playing a few games with the door open then unplugged one of the door optics closed the door and was able to play some games with the credits on it. but the same issues are still present

Gabe
Lyzard

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 12:29:57 AM »

I was able to play games with the door open by pushing the button on the optics board but the optics them selves may still be dirty that is why the coins are not registering for you with the door closed

Try cleaning them they might appear to be clean to the eye but they might be dirty enought to not register coins

thought Mine were clean till i used Q-tip found out they werent

what you got to loose ok maybe a little time but you will be able to rule out dirty optics

Lyzard
MrWoody13
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 12:33:56 AM »

ok, whats the best way to remove to remove the optics, and is the optic sensor in between th circuit board. i havent attempted to remove it yet, thats why im asking

Gabe
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 12:45:23 AM »

one way to test the optics would be to remove the comparator and slide a slim piece of paper into the coin path of the optic and leave it there for the moment. hook up your door optics and close the door. you should get a 21 code (coin in error). open the door and pull the paper and close the door again and see if the error clears. If the coins are going to the hopper through the comparator it could still indicate an optic problem.

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
MrWoody13
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 01:01:23 AM »

Ok just removed the optics board, optics were Dirty, it did give me the 21 error code. i cleaned it with a q-tip as suggested by Lyzard. repostioned the quarted i the comparitor every which way possibe and still the same problem. i screwed with the sensitivy adj. all that did was spit the quarters back into the tray instead of the hopper so i put back the adj back to where it was.. i notice a small allen set screw where you insert the coin into comparitor. shud that be adjusted at all?

Gabe
Lyzard

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 01:29:38 AM »

removed the optics (this is a questionable statement ) by that do you mean that you took the coin optics apart or just removed them from the machine

Make sure that you have the plugs seated properly in the optics board if removed from machine

not sure about the S+ but on the PE+ Poker there is a way to see that they optics are on and working properly

Might be some comparative diagnostic on the S+ I only have a PE+ so I am not sure but I am sure some of the S+ people will chime in

also had a bad cable from the coin optics to the MPU Might check that

Lyzard
MrWoody13
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 01:37:46 AM »

Sorry, i pulled the optics board and clean the optic sensor. heres something interesting that i just found. i popped the the coin comp up. and inserted a piece of paper directly over the optic sensors. it registered as a coin then inserted the paper thru the pathway and it registered as error 21.  so it looks like the optics are working the paper made it register as i thought it was a coin but i still cant figure out why its not registering when the coin is going thru th pathway. meaning the plasic divider where the coin pass over  the sensors
MrWoody13
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 02:52:18 AM »

ok heres what i found so far. i took out the coin com. just dropped a quarter in the coin path and i got the error 21. resetted it.  the optic sensors are positioned like a right pointing tringle. (top sensor then lower right, then then back diagnal left sensor.  i slowly passed a peice of paper over the top sensor, notihng happened, then moved it down now covering the top and lower right sensor. It registered as a coin, did it a few times more and it kept registering as a coin, then i continued further down to cover all the sensors and I got the Error 21. does that mean anything to anyone. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.