Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809 - steel plate between reel assembly and coin hopper
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809 - steel plate between reel assembly and coin hopper  (Read 4079 times)
dave91169
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 06, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »

I have "inherited" a Bally 809 as the result of repairing a newer Bally Game Maker for another person (he gave me the old machine in payment - I ain't complaining - this machine is fascinating!).  I have it in working condition, after cleaning and adjusting about a hundred contacts, in addition to having to move the coin hopper cabinet connector over about 3/16" to make it line up with the coin hopper - I don't think this coin hopper is original to the machine, but it works when the connectors fit!
There were three loose steel pieces inside the machine when I got it - the "chute" that directs excess coins into the base unit,  a steel plate, and a sheet-metal angle with two slotted holes.
I figured out that the steel plate fits between the reel assembly and the hopper, and the angle holds up the right-hand side.
Question - what is the purpose of this plate?  I reinstalled it - found out that the screws that hold the angle in place have to be VERY short so as not to interfere with the handle mechanism.  Only reason I could think of is that perhaps it is a "drip" plate, to keep lubricant from the reel assembly from getting into the coin hopper.  Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Dave E
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:42 PM »

It keeps springs, E clips and other stuff from getting into your hopper coins and screwing up the hopper knife.  A good idea to install it.
Yes, now you know the secret to the two screws which hold the pan onto the right side of the handle mech.  If they are toooooo looooong, it will jam the handle.  And, yes, good as a drip plate, too.
809 is a great machine. Good on ya.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »

i think hes talking about heavy metal  plate thats between mech and hopper  not hopper cover pic would help   also moving hopper  might make coin misss payout slot
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

I think he's talking about the pan
see link http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=20192.0
I usually remove the hopper cover as they are a PITA....
dave91169

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »

Thanks for the replies. 
I didn't move the coin hopper over; I moved the female beau connector in the cabinet to make it line up with the plug on the hopper.
This was the most difficult part of getting this machine operational.  Apparently, whoever retrofitted the hopper loosened the screws that hold the plug bracket in the cabinet, then reached around the hopper and plugged the connectors together.  I didn't realize that the connectors were not mating until I realized that the hopper was not going back into the cabinet as far as it is supposed to.
Attached are a couple of pictures of the machine.
Dave E

* SANY0113-2.jpg (359.27 KB, 2288x1712 - viewed 259 times.)

* SANY0114-2.jpg (541.78 KB, 1712x2288 - viewed 344 times.)
Thompy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:30:07 PM »

Thanks for the pics, looks great! nlg
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »

yes reno  thats the part i was saying your right
dave91169

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »

I have quite a few full-size arcade games, but slot machines are new to me.  Nice to see that there is quite a bit of similarity between the two, and forums like this to get answers to questions.
One question - Why are Beau plugs called Beau plugs?  We used to call them Cinch-Jones connectors, named for the company who did (does) manufacture them.
Dave E
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.