Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ballys 2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ballys 2000  (Read 4470 times)
adobestores
« on: November 11, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »

I have a Ballys 2000 electrical mechanical 25 cent slot.  When I put in quarters they fall through to the overflow cup.  Cant get to activate handle.  HELP!
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »

Can you post a pic of the inside of your machine? And what are the numbers on the ID tag?

This will help to get your machine up and running.
adobestores
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »

Not sure how to post picture.  I do have them.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »

First we need to know what machine you have. Either it's  a EM or a E2000 by your first post?

You may want to go to the "Bally Reel Games" forum and check there for more info?

adobestores
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 03:04:19 AM »

It's a series "E" as far as I can tell.
adobestores
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »

It's a series "E" as far as I can tell.

* slot inside.jpg (113.65 KB, 400x600 - viewed 291 times.)

* slot outside.jpg (103.51 KB, 400x600 - viewed 264 times.)
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »

Yes, appears to be a E2000 series? Looks like your winner paid meter is blank? Or have you seen numbers on this display?

Looks like a power supply problem. Look behind the hopper on the back wall to the left side and check all the fuses in the fuse panel with a ohm meter. If you find no blown fuses go the the right of the fuse panel is the power supply board and disconnect and reconnect the electrical connection so that this will reseat the connection. Let us know if any of this helps.

Do you have a manual? If so this would help you very much to get familiar with your machine.

What is the history of this machine?

Have you looked through the other forum for symptoms similiar to yours?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:02:10 PM by tkrozleski » Logged
adobestores
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:15 PM »

Nothing shows in that window.  Yes I do have 2 manuals but they say nothing about what to do if the coins just drop through.  History unknown.  Yes I looked through the forums but found nothing. 
adobestores
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »

If you have any ideas on what to do to get the coins to be accepted let me know.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:01 PM »

I edited my previous post, read that for more info. Try those 2 items and let us know.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »

Looks like a power supply problem? Look behind the hopper on the back wall to the left side and check all the fuses in the fuse panel with a ohm meter. If you find no blown fuses go the the right of the fuse panel is the power supply board and disconnect and reconnect the electrical connection so that this will reseat the connection. Let us know if any of this helps.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:41:57 PM by tkrozleski » Logged
adobestores
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

Thanks, I'll do it today and let you know.
adobestores
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »

Well, it didn't work.  Unplugged power cable then plugged back in.  Also checked the fuses on the back behind hopper, all good.  Still lets coins fall into side cup.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »

You'll need to go to the power supply board and check the test points for voltage outputs with your voltmeter.

Test Point 1 (TP 1) (+5) to TP 3 (GND) should be apprx 5 volts DC

TP 2 (ZC) to TP 3 = 7.5 volts DC
TP 4 (+UR) to TP 3 = 10 volts DC

Your manual has a pic of TP labeled on the board if you need a visual description.

Post your results
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:10 AM »

We need to find why there is no display which will show error codes to get this going. If we get the display going that maybe all it needs?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »

One of the common problems with these Bally's there plugs. They tarnish and loose their continuity.. The large white plug on the power supply is one of the worst.. I have seen them burnt due to overheating.. Take that plug off the power supply and inspect it. The soldering joints on the power supply will need to be re-soldered if they have not been done. They crack causing bad solder joints.. You should check all your boards plugs connections. I would unplug them all and reseat them... I just recently had a machine go dead on me and it was just the power supplies big white plug.. I found the problem by just wiggling the plug when it was on and everything came back to life, once the repair to the plug was done the machine was working fine.. When you checked your machines fuses, did you check them with an OHM Meter? They can look good but test bad.. I have also seen fuse holder to look good, but be bad due to broken connections inside of them, so once again check them with an OHM meter with a known good fuse..

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
adobestores
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »

Thanks Gary, I will do what you suggested.  Sure appreciate your help. No I just did a visual inspection of the fuses.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.