Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:18:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Double Double Bonus Poker - Volume Control
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Double Bonus Poker - Volume Control  (Read 5238 times)
Dr. Shiznit
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »

Hello I'm new to the forum and just purchased a Double Double Bonus Poker machine and was wondering if there is a volume adjustment?  Also, Is it possible to upgrade the monitor to LCD or touch screen?
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »

Hello I'm new to the forum and just purchased a Double Double Bonus Poker machine and was wondering if there is a volume adjustment?  Also, Is it possible to upgrade the monitor to LCD or touch screen?

Is this a Players Edge Plus?  If memory serves correct, there is a volume control on the main processor board.  
If this is a Game King, then you can either turn the jackpot reset key (flat brass ket fits in side of machine) and go into the sound menu or open the door and press the button on the mpu to enter the menu.

Welcome to the site,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Dr. Shiznit
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »

How do I tell the difference?  It is an IGT and I do have a reset key for the top right side to reset jackpots.  I have a little mechanical aptitude but know nothing about electronics.  Is there a manual I could download to understand the components and menu options?   I just dont want to screw anything up since it currently works great.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »

You could post some pictures of the machine.  Did you try turning the jackpot keyswitch?

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 04:25:59 AM »

Hi Dr. Shiznit!

NLG Welcome

Pictures definitely help the folks here know what kind of machine you have.  Assuming you have a PE+ upright machine, the volume control is located inside in the upper left-hand corner.  It's a small flat disk that you roll left or right, like a penny laying flat sticking partially out of the machine.  Of course, if you have a sit-down machine or something else, then it's located in a different place.  A picture will tell us for sure.

:Dave wave
Dr. Shiznit
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:32:16 AM »

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I had to go out of town this week for work and will post pictures after the weekend when I return home.
Dr. Shiznit
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »

I tried turning the jackpot key but it only brings up the stats.  Should it reset the credits also?

* video poker2.jpg (1086.66 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 342 times.)

* video poker.jpg (1135.11 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 395 times.)
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 01:18:31 AM »

Here's your volume control:

For the record, you have an upright IGT Player's Edge Plus (or "PE+") with an embedded dollar bill validator.

The MPU board (the brains of the game) is in that silver tray with the two black plastic knobs -- the volume control sticks out of the tray and is attached to the MPU board.  ALWAYS turn the machine's power OFF before removing or inserting the MPU board -- failure to do so can cause permanent damage to the MPU board or the fixed motherboard in the back of the machine that the MPU board plugs into.

To remove the board, turn the machine OFF, then firmly pull the knobs on the silver tray towards you to slide the board out.

I tried turning the jackpot key but it only brings up the stats.  Should it reset the credits also?

No.  The Jackpot Reset keyswitch will reset a jackpot condition (ie. a win larger than the jackpot/hopper limit, where the machine is indicating, "CALL ATTENDANT - JACKPOT"), and will enter the attendant menu with some game statistics when the machine is idle.  It will not key off credits that are on the credit meter -- those credits must always be played off or cashed out via the hopper.

The self test switch (a tiny white momentary push switch located on the metal to the left of the volume control) will enter the setup menus and allow you to make some changes to your game.  Don't change anything you're not sure about without at least noting what the existing setting is, in case you screw something up.  Press the button multiple times to page through the various menus.  If you enter the self test menus with credits on the machine, some settings screens will not be displayed (hopper limits and the like).  Make sure there are zero credits on the machine to access all of the available options.

Closing the door will exit the menus, except when you're on the Out Of Service screen (on that screen, press the self test switch one more time to get past that screen).

You can upgrade to an LCD screen either via an expensive but easy drop-in solution from Ceronix, or via a do-it-yourself method that is clunkier but much cheaper.  The do-it-yourself method can be found in a sticky thread here in the PE+ category.  You cannot convert the machine to a touchscreen game -- the PE+ relies on the physical buttons only to play the machine.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:50:59 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Dr. Shiznit
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »

Thanks for all the help!  Happy Holidays ! !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.