Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Pinball Games
| | |-+  help with 1978 bally galaxy pinball machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help with 1978 bally galaxy pinball machine  (Read 4178 times)
s.young
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 12, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »

I have a 78 bingo style machine. It worked like a charm the first 8 months I've had it then all of a sudden I played the extra ball and since it will not light up the odds any more its as if the game doesn't restart. It's stuck as if the game is over even when trying to start a new game. I have cleaned the contacts and really don't know what I'm doing. A little help or any pointers would br greatly appreciated. I miss my pinball Sad
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:07 AM »

Sure it's not a Stern Galaxy pinball? Never heared of a Galaxy bingo pinball.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »

no  its a bally bingo  it has extra balls,   sound like extra relay is stuck inside head of game or spring is off  it , also could be extra ball button on front door  should clear with a tilt if not its stuck in extrra ball , then it has to be extra ball relay  holding in, is it a 20 hole bingo?
good luck
steve
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »

All bingo games were way before 1978 and did not have flippers.

Frank A
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »

they still make bingo games oversea,s  bally made them  into early 80,s  at 1 point we had about 20 of them around trenton  unreal the cash they made
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »

Here is a photo from the IPDB

* Overall_view.jpg (105.04 KB, 388x513 - viewed 341 times.)
s.young
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »

no  its a bally bingo  it has extra balls,   sound like extra relay is stuck inside head of game or spring is off  it , also could be extra ball button on front door  should clear with a tilt if not its stuck in extrra ball , then it has to be extra ball relay  holding in, is it a 20 hole bingo?
good luck
steve

thanks i will try that. Ive tried the tilt before and it doesnt work. now the extra ball doesnt even light up like it did before. None of my scored are lighting up and the board the ball sits in just keeps going back and fourth as if the game is over and the balls doesnt come up to the shooter unless you manually hit the switch to push the ball up to keep the board closed to keep the ball from falling through the holes. but its a 24 hole board. but i will try what youve said the with spring and see if that will work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.