Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  igt sit down poker machine coin in error/ call attendant
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: igt sit down poker machine coin in error/ call attendant  (Read 6700 times)
bikerman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 16, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »

Hello,

I am in need of assistence once again. I picked up a drop in igt video poker machine with a coin in error, call attendant and door open. i have closed the door and the open door does not go out. I checked for coins in the acceptor and all is clear. I have never seen the machine work, as i have just gotten it. I scrolled through the test screens and things seem to be right except when I go to test the 2,3,and 4 save buttons they don't respond on the screen. I am not sure if there is a piece missing from the machine or not. There are a few wires and a socket hanging near the back. I will try posting pics tonight

* photo.JPG (140.78 KB, 640x478 - viewed 379 times.)
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

Could be bad or misaligned door optics. There is a set of optics for the top door and an optic with reflective tape for the front door (the one that comes off). If you have a couple longer pieces of wire you can temporarily bypass the door optics to see if it gets past that tilt. I'm at work right now and not near my bar tops but I can send you a picture later if you need it.
bikerman

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »

Mine both have optic eyes on them. Which way do I jump them?
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »

The top door has the two pieces. I just unplug the optics and run 2 wires from the plug in the machine to the plug in the door. I used about 3' pieces of wire and then I can pull the wires when the door is supposed to be open and then plug them in when the door is supposed to be shut.

The front door optic has an eye that bounces off of a reflective tape. I just pull that plug and plug 2 small pieces of wire in the same plug. I did holes 1 and 3 together and holes 2 and 4 together, not sure if it matters or not but it works for me. I actually leave that front door jumped.
bikerman

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »

Two of the wires were broke at the optic eye on the bottom door.i jumped those out and the jumped the upper door and all the errors are gone. Thanks for your help, I have a couple of sticky switches on the hold buttons.
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 02:25:57 AM »

Sticky switches usually just need cleaning. I typically take the whole button assembly apart and put the non electronic pieces in bowl full of formula 409 for a while. Then scrub them down and wash them with clean water really well. Then spray the spring with WD-40 and reassemble. That usually helps.
bikerman

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »

Itn not really sticky buttons. they don't to register all the time to hold cards. I cleaned the terminals in the switches and even tried replace some with others. The frist hold button works all the time, are the others branched off of that one? They will work for a while then i have to hold the first card and then they will work again
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 06:08:23 PM »

the buttons run in series. the problem well could be the button (or really the switch) in line ahead of the bad one though it seems to work. the hold buttons are one circuit and the cashout, bet and deal are another.

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
bikerman

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »

I will try changing that first switch then. I was kind if figuring the were connected in series, but hard without a wiring diagram or pulling all the wires loose and tracing them. Thanks again. Now all I need to do is find a cabinet to drop it in
bikerman

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »

I replaced the first switch, it seems like that was the problem. Thanks again for all your help
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »

Take a look at what Ron did with his bar tops... very clean looking and looks great. I'm in the middle of finishing my basement and I'll be building something similar to his for my bar tops.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8228.0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.