Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Just bought S+ and need troubleshooting advice
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just bought S+ and need troubleshooting advice  (Read 4467 times)
chamoore
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 28, 2012, 01:37:32 AM »

First, I'm a newbie. I bought an S+ off of Craigslist as a Christmas present for my father.
It has a 3200 error code and was missing a hopper, which I have since gotten. However, I do not know how to clear the 3200 error code.
Opening and shutting the door doesn't do it. The hopper is supposed to work, but I'm not sure how to check to see if that the hopper motor brake functions (which is one of the ways I've read to clear the 3200 error code).
I've also read on this site to get a clear chip and try that route, but then I've also read where newbies (like myself) shouldn't clear their machines.

So, where should I start to try and figure this out?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:35:28 AM »

And the hopper you bought was the same denom (coin size) as your machine? So coin in the door (in coin comparitor) matches hopper size?

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »

Welcome to the site.

NLG Welcome

3200 is an interesting one -- it's a "Hopper Jam" error, but I don't know that we've ever figured out exactly what causes the machine to think that it's jammed.

However, opening and closing the door should reset it, as you mentioned.  Let's see if your machine is acknowledging that you're actually closing the door:

- When you close and fully latch the door, does the LED display that has the 3200 error go blank for a second or two (or more), before returning to that 3200 error code?  If so, it's seeing the door as closed.  If not, it's not and as such isn't trying to reset the error (and we need to resolve that issue before we can go further).

- Assuming for the moment that the display does go blank, does the hopper motor attempt to spin after you close the door and before the error returns?  Do you hear any noise from the machine after you latch the door?

Let's start there, which will give us a direction to continue troubleshooting.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 04:43:34 AM »

And the hopper you bought was the same denom (coin size) as your machine? So coin in the door (in coin comparitor) matches hopper size?

How would the machine know if they didn't?
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 05:30:39 AM »

Welcome to the site.

NLG Welcome

3200 is an interesting one -- it's a "Hopper Jam" error, but I don't know that we've ever figured out exactly what causes the machine to think that it's jammed.

However, opening and closing the door should reset it, as you mentioned.  Let's see if your machine is acknowledging that you're actually closing the door:

- When you close and fully latch the door, does the LED display that has the 3200 error go blank for a second or two (or more), before returning to that 3200 error code?  If so, it's seeing the door as closed.  If not, it's not and as such isn't trying to reset the error (and we need to resolve that issue before we can go further).

- Assuming for the moment that the display does go blank, does the hopper motor attempt to spin after you close the door and before the error returns?  Do you hear any noise from the machine after you latch the door?

Let's start there, which will give us a direction to continue troubleshooting.
I believe knaql that the hopper errors are basd on timing. the 3300 empty hopper is not nesasarily due to the hopper being completely empty but due to no coin passing the optics in a certain time frame. a 3200 is from a blocked optic where the coin or a piece of paper block the optic for a length of time.

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
chamoore
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

Thank you for the quick responses! What I do not know about these machines is vast and you've set me off in the right direction.
Previously, the hopper motor wasn't turning on (didn't know it was supposed to) when closing the door and - no - there was not a delay where the error would go blank.
So, the door was not being recognized as being closed. I've since fixed that and it's gone from a 3200 error code to a 3300 error code, which is one I believe I can work through.
Thank you again!

Separate question, the previous owner was trying to switch this machine from a nickel to a quarter machine. Thus, it now has a quarter coin mech and quarter hopper. However, won't the machine give the wrong number of credits when you put in a dollar? From what I've read, I believe I need to use a SET chip to make this change. Correct?
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »

I thought we've seen 3200 from wrong size hoppers = small coins not registering on a large coin hopper

Did I dream this?  Scratch Head

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »

Separate question, the previous owner was trying to switch this machine from a nickel to a quarter machine. Thus, it now has a quarter coin mech and quarter hopper. However, won't the machine give the wrong number of credits when you put in a dollar? From what I've read, I believe I need to use a SET chip to make this change. Correct?

Yes...you can post a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for that SET chip.
Make sure you state what SP chip you have installed on the MPU.
I'm sure someone will get back to you and get you one.

I'm wondering if the quarter will slip between the coin-in optics coin guides since it's diameter is much larger than a quarter?
Empty the coin hopper fully, re-install into machine empty, turn on power, wait about 7 seconds then drop a single quarter through your nickel deck slot and see if it falls all the way through into the hopper?

If the machine's power switch is in the off position, dropping a single coin should route into the door coin tray - bypassing the coin-in optic guides altogether.

On the other question for the guys, when in a [3200] error code, a coin, piece of paper, a strand of human hair, or a kitten's dustball is blocking the optics.... whereas when in a  [3200] error code, no coin has "passed through" the optics for a set amount of time - as related to leapyearguy's post.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:24:13 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »

Heck, I don't know Ros,  that's why I was asking

I thought we've seen 3200 from wrong size hoppers = small coins not registering on a large coin hopper

CVslots

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »

Heck, I don't know Ros,  that's why I was asking

Dollar hopper filled with Nickles will spit out a couple then throw a 3200...Nickles are not large enought to trigger the optics on a Dollar hopper, therefore the hopper doesn't think it's paying anything and times out.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 03:12:44 AM »

Thanks Ros, now I get it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.