Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Bill Validator rejecting bills
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Bill Validator rejecting bills  (Read 9710 times)
chamoore
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 08, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »

Hi -

I have an IGT S+ 7s - Red, White, and Blue that I've got largely functioning now. It takes and spits out quarters fine.
It does not, however, want to take any bills.

I've had one bill work. So, I know that it can. It went in the bill validator, credits were given, etc...
But, now it won't take any bills. They will feed in, but then they get spit back out. And, the one bill that I got to work, it will no longer take.
The bills either get spit back out or get jammed in the machine.

What can I do to troubleshoot?

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »

Page 2 of this thread shows how to clean and check out the transport but look through the entire thread. It's full of great information. Post back with any more questions. Do you have a DBV 200 or 145?
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=13051.0
chamoore

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:31:07 AM »

Unfortunately (from what I've read), I have the 145. I'll look through the entire thread. Thank you!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »

I made a 145 work! It just needed the rollers cleaned and there was dust on the the sensors. Keep reading and good luck! It you can't fix it, just post a "Want to buy" in the free classifieds and I'm sure numerous people will pop up. They're cheap...not the people, but the DBV 200.  rotflmao
It will match right up to your transport so all you may need is the head...unless your transport is messed up.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03:23 AM »

If it's black it's a 200, unpainted a 145.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
chamoore

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 02:06:35 AM »

shortrackskater -
Any suggestions on cleaning the sensors and rollers? This BV has worked a couple of times (took the same $1 bill twice), but now rejects every bill (including the one that previously worked) and often jams when trying to spit the bill back out.
Buzz - it's unpainted and says 145 on it.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 02:19:32 AM »

Uh oh...Buzz is going to tell you to throw it out in the street or under a steamroller! And he's right... yes
BUT...in that thread should be two or three pictures that show how to disassemble and clean the rollers and sensors...it's quite easy.
Hang on...I found a much better thread... I'm still looking for another so bear with me...doing this too quick. Basically this one is showing you how to take it apart. If you have a bulb-blower, use that to just blow up any dust in it. You can see the sensors or lenses and those are what may be dirty. I just wiped them with a soft cloth.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18376.25

More...if you can, just take it apart as shown and you will see little round lense/optics. Clean them with a touch of warm soapy water...just a dab. Put it back together and see what happens.
Is the BV trying to take a bill? Does it go in, then out again?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:46:25 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »

Time to bring out my favorite link, ( Dam I luv my job )   http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
chamoore

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 03:08:52 AM »

I'll work on cleaning the sensors and rollers and will see what happens. To answer your question, yes - the bill goes in. Then, it either comes back out again or it gets jammed coming back out. Based on some of the videos posted, it sounds like it is cycling properly. Again, I'll try cleaning the sensors and rollers and will see what happens.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »

Remember that on a DBV-145SS (with any near current software) that the bill must be inserted Face Up & Top of Head to Right

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 03:13:51 AM »

Time to bring out my favorite link, ( Dam I luv my job )   http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

This post has made my day.   Hail    Had completely forgotten about JumpStart! Is there ANY way to enlarge that profile picture?
chamoore

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »

I need to amend my previous post...
I'm going to clean the sensors and rollers AND take up archery.
mkd3b
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »

SAve the image and then make it your desktop backround and boy does the image get bigger  and yes they look good

ArtD
chamoore

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 02:32:40 AM »

Went ahead an bought a DBV-200 and it does the same thing as the 145 I replaced it with. Bills go in, it takes a second (I'm assuming to examine the bill) and then it rejects it.
The Bill Validator is activated. I've tried cleaning sensors and rollers to no avail. Any additional advice?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 06:44:23 AM »

Went ahead an bought a DBV-200 and it does the same thing as the 145 I replaced it with. Bills go in, it takes a second (I'm assuming to examine the bill) and then it rejects it.
The Bill Validator is activated. I've tried cleaning sensors and rollers to no avail. Any additional advice?

Does the "INSERT COIN" light flash by chance when the machine is "thinking about" accepting the bill?  If so, it's signaling that it's set to the wrong ID and you likely just need to flip dip switch 10 under the bill validator head (turn the power off first).

If not, I'm guessing your limits might be set too low.  What SP chip is in your machine, and what kind of bill are you trying?  For the purposes of troubleshooting, please just use a good $1 bill until you can get that accepted, and then we can work on other bills.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
chamoore

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »

The "Insert Coin" does not flash while the machine is thinking about accepting the bill.
SP1145
I have tried to use all sorts of bills, but mainly $1. The $1 is all I am using now.
I put this in a previous post, but the machine has accepted a bill once. It accepted a $1 bill. But, that was back when I was first trying to get the game up and running. At that point, it wouldn't take quarters, as the coin mech that was installed wasn't for an S+ machine. So, the BV was the only way that I knew the machine could work.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 11:03:20 PM »

Is the BV seated into the transport (bill roller assembly) properly and latched in? Sometimes it seems like it's in but it isn't. Try lifting the latch and wiggle it in, then reset the latch.
Also, is your cash can in all the way? Sometimes you have to slide it out and then give it a good shove back in. Then make sure the door is closed all the way. It might be an optic problem. I'm not the expert here but if these things don't make it work, it still may be in your settings. Report back when you can.

Oh...for all who like a "certain" picture regarding archery, I found a LARGER version!  applause
mkd3b
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »

Oh...for all who like a "certain" picture regarding archery, I found a LARGER version! 

Oh...And where is the Link

ArtD
chamoore

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »

Success! Took a lot of cleaning and making sure everything was connected correctly. And, the DBV-200...
But, more than the above, the larger version of the archery picture was what helped push it all over the edge. Without that, I wouldn't have had the motivation to problem solve as thoroughly.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »

Success! Took a lot of cleaning and making sure everything was connected correctly. And, the DBV-200...
But, more than the above, the larger version of the archery picture was what helped push it all over the edge. Without that, I wouldn't have had the motivation to problem solve as thoroughly.

Did you find it as well? Yes it is definitely an inspiring picture!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.