Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV 200 Problem - strange sound at startup... won't read bills
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV 200 Problem - strange sound at startup... won't read bills  (Read 5790 times)
jjeremiah
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help with this problem.   I'm not sure if it is a problem with the transport or the the validator.

I have a IGT video poker machine that has been inactive for about a year, after a long distance move.   I just replaced the battery on the main circuit board, and the game starts up fine, however the bill validator does not work.  It makes a buzz-click sound repeatedly and does not stop.   This is a different sound from the ones posted on this board...    here's a video of the sound it makes:

http://youtu.be/YA1_WPazBx8

The two LEDs on the left side flash when it makes the sound.   (back one flashes on and off the front one stays lit)

I've examined the gears on the transport and the bill holder, and the teeth appear to be in good shape.   I can manually advance the gears on the transport to ensure that they are not frozen.

The dip switches are all in the off position, except for #10.

When I try the self-test procedure, the validator does not go into a test mode.

I've examined the position of the transport, validator and bill holder a number of times.... they all appear to be seated correctly.

The rest of the video poker game works normally using coins.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or troubleshooting steps.

John
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:48 AM »

John I won't bet the farm on it but I think all the dip switches must be off. Here's a link to JCM webb    http://www.jcmglobal.com/Libraries/Quick_References/DBV-200_QR_Flipbook.sflb.ashx

If you push down on the RED lever, does the rear of the transport move up? If it does the transport isn't installed correctly. If you remove the cash can does the BV then cycle ? If it does make sure your getting the cash can in all the way.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »

the power supply is bad.  its the black box located underneath the shelf that the monitor sets on.  the caps are bad in the power supply,  sometimes if you let it on long enough they will eventually charge and the unit will work.  follow the black cables from the left side of the 200 acceptor. it will lead you to the power supply.

since you have a 200 head  make sure you get a power supply that has the vents in it.

this should solve your problem.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jjeremiah
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »

Thank you for both replies.... They have helped me focus my troubleshooting.

I have a correction to my first post as well.   When I said
"When I try the self-test procedure, the validator does not go into a test mode"... I was changing the wrong dip switch #6...   Now, when I use the correct #6 switch and put it into diagnostic mode, it will accept and reject a bill, often returning an error of 13 or 5 lights, meaning either bill too long, or an error reading the bill.....    However when I cycle the power on the machine, the problem sound that I described in my first post returns.

Buzz - You said:  "If you push down on the RED lever, does the rear of the transport move up? If it does the transport isn't installed correctly. If you remove the cash can does the BV then cycle ? If it does make sure your getting the cash can in all the way."     Yes.  The rear of the transport does move up, but I cannot see any way that the transport could be installed differently.   The only space for the transport to connect to the cash can is the slot for the gears and the slot for the bills to pass through.   There does not appear to be any other openings where the lever arm mechanism can move to without lifting the transport.   Question - Could it be possible that this is the way it is supposed to be on this IGT video poker machine?

Jim - I've located the power supply, and want to try to validate the power supply is the problem are there any ways to confirm this is the problem?

Thanks in advance

John
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »

John  BOY am I glad you said the rear of the transport moves UP..  Damn I love my job !!!  Read this thread  ( But don't look at the Girl )    http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
jjeremiah
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »

Thanks for the quick update.....   I had to read the entire thread three times to figure out which two tabs to look for... was't sure if the two tabs were in the avatar or in the pictures...:-)

I found the two little tabs on the transport and you were right.  they were not seated in the holes in the back.   That was allowing the transport to raise up.    But, that wasn't the source of the problem... at least not yet.

So, with the transport seated correctly, I'm now getting the same problem at start up...

When I run the validator in diagnostic mode I get two results...

either it rejects the bill with an error code of 8 - Photo Level Error ==> Dirty belts and or rollers, double/overlapping bill detected  or the bill or note may be dirty   

or it feeds the bill into the transport and it jams in the front of the transport.

I re-seated the cash can, rather firmly and still have the same behavior.

Thanks in advance

John
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 04:00:17 AM »

Oh the memories!

yes

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.