Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Can anyone help me with the year of this Triple Bar Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone help me with the year of this Triple Bar Machine  (Read 5063 times)
danatlvc
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »

Hello all,

I have this Bally Triple Bar Nickel 5 coin Machine. I'm pretty sure it's early to mid 70's, but don't really know.

Side Tag is stamped
809-7ZC
ME-15108

Thanks

* Craigslist 016.JPG (69.43 KB, 480x640 - viewed 274 times.)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »

OH...You were so close to reading the date of manufacture yourself   Nerd

Go back to the data tag where you just got all that info and look at the very top in the black area.
There you will find the year and month of manufacture. Get a flashlight if you need one.

Or in my case a magnifiying glass.  Silly Me!

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
danatlvc

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »

AWESOME - Thank You So Much. Ive been staring at that tag for days. It's 1976

This machine plays great, but doesn't pay for a single cherry ever & sometimes pays 5 coins for 2 bars & a fruit? Any trick known to set it to pay correct. I figure it has someting to do with the reels in the upper part behind the award glass maybe? Don't know

Thanks Again
Dan
OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:42:18 AM »

I'm guessing 1976.  Oh, wait, I cheated and read post #3.
It is highly unlikely your problem is in the top unit.  It's probably a hopper board contact, or reel wiper problem.
Jiggle the reels with the pay up, and also tug on your hopper board carriage (the thing in the front left of your payboard). That should get you started.
Great machine, BTW.
danatlvc

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »

Thanks for the great info. I'll try those suggestions
Dan
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 09:33:04 PM »

I was going to offer a suggestion but you couldn't be in better hands than OldReno. That is a cool machine. Thanks for posting the picture. K+ all around.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rdaniel
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »

If that was the machine which was advertised in Phoenix Craigslist for $140, you got a real bargain. I am jealous!
OldReno

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:08:34 PM »

The little wheels in your top unit are your X-units.  They only work when you play 2, 3, 4, or 5 coins and get a pay.  You can watch them in action if you remove the 4 screws from your light-panel board and drop it down.  Kinda cool, trips me out.
Thanks to StatFreak for kind words, however there are a few others here who are better mentors than me....
Fools rush in where others fear to tread. Ha.
danatlvc

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »

Yes, this is the one from Phoenix/Gilbert Craigslist
I was expecting a clean machine as advertised, but it had a broken handle mechanism & the coin tray was bent bad, cracked & broken.
It also had not been played in many years & the reels did not stop when I finally got it up & running.
I paid $100 due to the bad shape it was in. The coin acceptor & mechanism below were also damaged.
This machine was really dirty with old hard petrified nicotine throughout.

The cabinet glass & chrome were Excellent though with one small dent to the front panel below the reel glass
It cleaned up really nice though with over a weeks worth of work & then getting the parts.
I purchased it to clean up & sell, but it's a now a Keeper as I've become very attached to it & find it very cool :-)
I'm now have great interested in these old electromechanical machines & how they work etc.
This is my first electromechanical machine & I went into it blind, as I'm not familiar with then at all

If I can ever get it to pay correctly someday with the single Cherry etc. it would be a MAJOR PLUS. When it hits a single Cherry etc. the hopper makes no sound & the front light to insert coin comes on & the coin acceptor stop pin goes back in?

Thanks All & Really I Appreciate All & Any information I have received & that I can get with these Cool electromechanical machines & how they work etc.
Regards,
Dan
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:42:31 PM by danatlvc » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »

I've had a couple of these older Ballys that sometime didn't alway pay. I found that its a combination of things. It can be that your wipes board and contacts could need to be cleaned or you could have a worn out contact. The other most common problem is with the Beau plugs behind the hopper and reels tarnish and don't conduct electricity. Sometime just sliding the hopper and reels in and out a few times will fix the problem, but what worked best for me was a small tooth brush size wire brush on the pins, then spray a little WD-40 on the cabinet plugs. Slide them together a few times and see if it helps? Wipe up and excess WD-40, but I've had this help me correct many machine problems due to beau plug problems.

Gary
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:40:09 PM by Amachanic » Logged

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
danatlvc

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »

Thanks All ,
I tried everything suggested & it started to pay on the single cherry & I was sooo Happy & then it stopped :-(
I cleaned the complete hopper, wiper board & all the contacts, wiggled wires & put WD40 on the plug as suggested & got it going on the single Cherry. It's definitely in the hopper somewhere or the plug or behind it. I cleaned it again & did all the other things with no luck. I don't want to over do it, as I've done with other machines in the past & make it worse. Been there a few times with IGT poker machines. Live I learn I do, but the hard way a lot of the time :-)
Open to any other suggestions & Thanks again
OldReno

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »

Is your payboard fully resetting after each new game? Does winner paid light stay on?
Are the cherry fingers too far back off the board?  Cherry is the bottom finger.   Does the 2 pay segment have a pit in it?  Does the finger have enough tension? You're probably real close....
danatlvc

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »

I will check all of those

On a pay the winner paid light does stay on until you pull the handle for the next spin
On a single Cherry no light comes on & the pin the goes through the acceptor pulls out
It paid 3 or 4 times & then it stopped I pulled the hopper out & in a few times & it paid the single cherry, but only that one time & the last time so far

I ginned from ear to ear when it paid on that first cherry & was a thrill short lived ... lol

Thanks & Appreciate it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.