Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Cham3 progressive and s2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cham3 progressive and s2000  (Read 6911 times)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 119

« on: January 10, 2013, 12:18:09 AM »

Help Help

I have a cham3 progressive display, and i'm thinking i am missing a connector somewhere.. I had programmed keychip menu 7.3.xx for the progressive stuff.. Machine works fine but progressive display is blank... The only plug i have going to the progressive display is a yellow/black and orange/black twisted connector; which i've connected to the backbox progressive power supply (which has it's black power cord going to another connector to a power connector).

It seems like i need more then just the yellow/black  and orange/black single connector.

Can someone who has this working on an s2000 post a picture of a working setup (the wiring part)...  Hail Hail Hail

Thanks much...
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:22:24 AM »

Unless the Cham 3 has stand alone capability
I wonder if they made a Cham III+ or Stand Alone version.
you can not connect a regular Cham III directly to a machine.
You will need a Con 2I or whatever would be the progressive controller that works with the Cham 3
The one Cham III manual I have does not even show a machine interface port

Examples of what is needed for S2000 and Cham II or Cham II+

A regular Cham II setup
needs a Mikohn Con 2I (I being for IGT machine interface)
The Con 2I is the progressive controller and the Cham II is just a intelligent display controller
The S2000 connects to the Con 2I
the Con 2I connects to the Cham II

Cham II+ or SA
The Cham II+ or SA which means Stand Alone has extra components on the controller board to handle the machine interface and progressive controller functions
The Cham II+ is connected to the S2000 with no need for a Con 2I

If You post some detailed pictures of the Cham III
it might help determine which Cham III you have,
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:37:54 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

I actually have 2 s2000's with this same cham3.

* IMG_0513.JPG (623.35 KB, 3264x517 - viewed 256 times.)

* IMG_0519.JPG (695.37 KB, 3264x669 - viewed 251 times.)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »

* IMG_0520.JPG (908.88 KB, 3264x915 - viewed 298 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:34:09 PM »

I figured they are the standard Cham III and not the stand alone is because SA is not on any label
The connector with the wires is the power harness
The only manual I have is attached.

If you want a stand alone

Check with the nice folks at http://rudysdeals.com and get 2 cham II+ with displays
you wont have to pull the displays off the glass just remove the smaller Cham III board from the display board and replace it with the small driver board on the cham II+ displays
Mikohn made the Cham III so it could replace the cham II which had separate display controller logic board and then driver board (that is on the back of the LED display)
The displays themselves are interchangeable between the cham II, II+ and III
The III being a single board version of the Cham II(not +)

* CHAMIII Hardware and Firmware Manual.pdf (623.51 KB - downloaded 241 times.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:52:03 PM by Foster » Logged

teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:49 PM »

Thanks for the info.. I actually already downloaded that manual; but i couldn't  determine what i "really" needed from it.. That's why i was hoping if someone could just take a picture of their connections in a working s2000 i could figure it out from there.. Sounds like it's not stand alone so i can't use it..  i guess we're saying no one has a non-SA cham3 attached to an s2000 ?

thanks again for taking the time to reply.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »

progress.. determined the progressive power unit on the back wall of the upper machine wasn't getting power.. One of the power cables from the main power distribution in the bottom of the machine wasn't plugged in; so it wasn't transferring power on that particular connector to the top box power area where the progressive power box was plugged into.

So did that, plugged it in; got the display working; flashing a bunch of boot things and then ends with "C1"..  Now i'm trying to dig around for what that exactly means; maybe it's saying the connector 1 which links to the actual slot machine isn't connected.. I know i'm missing a connector somewhere because all that is plugged into the display is the power that plugs into the attached progressive power box.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 04:40:47 AM »

C1 is a Mikhon error meaning that there is no communication between the display and the controller. I'm not familiar with your setup as to whether you need to program something into the ChamIII or if it's a matter of settings on your S2000. Hopefully someone here can help with that.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 05:31:42 AM »

The Cham III he has are not stand alone units
A Con 2I or newer is needed to interface between the S2000 and the Cham III
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:02:54 AM by Foster » Logged

teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

Thanks guys... I see a couple con2 controllers on ebay for 150-300; and rudys has the cham2+ complete for 49.99.. So that sounds like the most feasbile route to go at this time..

Can i make my cham3 just be for show, and not really hooked to the machine? I looked thru the PSP and Cham3 documentation; but can you program a jackpot of let's say 1,000.00 without incrementation; and without hookup to the s2000; basically you have the progressive display for show; it would never actually increment or reset just always display the same 1,000.00.. Or can i never get around the C1 error on the display, without actually hooking it up to a controller board, which would nullifies anything else displaying ?

Thanks again..
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »

the cham II+ does not need a con2I
I just looked at rudys again (they might be out of stock)

I think you could eliminate the progressive token in the jpot.do and it might work, but not sure to make it work.

teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »

I see on his website the "out of stock" now... I will mess around with it a little bit; if i can't get it to do the non-connected progressive amounts then i will probably just keep an eye out for the similar cham2+ setup either at Rudys or somewhere else.

Thanks again.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »

I've downloaded PSP on windows xp which has a com1 serial port.. I have made the rs232 cable per the posted pinouts. I have plugged 1 end into the cham3 displa rs232 J5 port; the other is plugged into the back of the pc. I have plugged the power in the back of the Cham3 to the cham3 power distribution box; so i have power to the  Cham3.

The Cham3 boots up, shows some jackpot info/release level etc.. then goes to C1.

If i startup PSP and go in and choose "con1" then "controller" and try to load from the controller i get the "Error occurred loading data from the controller". If i change the jackpot setting in PSP and hit the F1 "send" button; nothing changes on the display of the Cham3 but i do see that the input/output red light on the back of the Cham3 flashes as it's sending; so i know the cable i made is working since it's communicating.. Still just C1 on the display.

If i click over the switch on the back of the cham3 to configuration; it just displays the version number (probably because it wants me to manually push the 2 function buttons on the back of the cham3 to make basic changes)..

I have also tried to run the PSP "controller testmode" option using some of the chameleon options; still no actual change in the display of the cham3.

I was expecting to be able to take the Cham3, hook it up to the PSP program, and change things on the display test things; totally independent of any hookup to the actual slot machine.  Like if i was just trying to use it as a sign.. Maybe i can just program "JACKPOT' on the display and just have it in the slot room somewhere.

Am i thinking i can do more here with PSP and the cham3 then i really can? Seemingly from the docs i don't need a controller board to mess with PSP settings and have things change on the Cham3 display (like if i wanted to test all "Reds" which is one of the test options in PSP).. Or if i wanted to play with the current jackpot level and see it display on the cham3..

Or do i just need to choose a different combination of options when i initially access PSP?

I understand to get it working with the actual slot machine is a whole other story where i need the controller etc... But i thought i could at least play with the display some via PSP directly to the cham3.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »

You've Got Mail with psp 3

load in psp means read that page from the Cham III
send means send that page to the Cham 3
you have to leave the switch in the run position while using PSP 3.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:42:30 PM by Foster » Logged

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »

This is really beginning to be more of a post for the Mikhon section, but don't select CON1 in PSP -- you're not connecting to a CON1 device. Select "OLD" instead (at least, that's the proper selection when connecting to a CHAMII+).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 05:43:23 PM »

Thanks, i had tried that and even though when i hit "send" within PSP i see the red comm light on the cham3 backboard going on (so i know i'm talking to it) the display itself still reads c1. At this point i've spent so many hours messing with it, i'm going to put it aside for now until i can either get the con2i controller or a complete cham II + setup and at that point focus on the connection to the s2000.

Appreciate all the assistance on trying to communicate with the cham3.   Hail
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »

This message is a little old, but thought I would post my question here since I'm in exactly the same boat.  CaptainHappy Worried
Here is what I have.
Cham 3 display and has a IGT chip that reads CS000031 the Cham3 version is 1.01
Is this a standalone unit? I'm thinking not. Can the chip be changed to make it a stand alone unit?

In the lower cabinet I also have two other boards for communications. Everything is then plugged into the SAS port on the EZ-Pay system. This also tells me it's not a standalone unit.

Just hoping someone can tell me if changing the chip on the Cham 3 can make it a standalone and I can remove all the other communication boards. Or change some of the setting on the dip switches on the other boards in the lower cabinet.

* IMAG0775.jpg (755.34 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 264 times.)

* IMAG0774.jpg (747.33 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 190 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »

More pics of the lower cabinet boards

* IMAG0772.jpg (616.88 KB, 1152x2048 - viewed 180 times.)

* IMAG0773.jpg (675.33 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 229 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »

Neon,
Check Rudy's site again. He has stock of Cham 2 Plus, Cham II stand alones and Cham II stand alones with display. Any of these will work for you and a lot cheaper than a Con2I

Hope this helps not sure if you can just reprogram the chip to make it stand alone sounds like a Foster question.
Rich
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.