Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  7.1.4 WAMM - IPC Setup error - suggestions?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7.1.4 WAMM - IPC Setup error - suggestions?  (Read 3810 times)
wireless73
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: January 11, 2013, 01:10:29 AM »

Hello all.  I did some research on this error I am getting and am looking for suggestions as to what to try next.  I recently did a clear using #224 and popped a key #45 in this machine.  After clearing some previous errors on this "new to me" machine I am now getting a "Please select WAMM or IPC" message.  After doing some reading I tried re-keying again with my #45.  I get to the menu 7.1.4 WAMM - IPC setup.  I get in to 7.1.4.1 WAMM - IPC Version however when I hit the spin reel button to access choices (which I assumed would be there) I receive a message "UNKNOWN VERSION".  I tried using the key twice without success.  Everytime i restart the machine this error comes up after the testing ram message.   Scratch Head

So after searching a bit and googling the error I feel like I have two options at this point.

1. Remove the green soldered in battery on the MB.  This makes me somewhat nervous as I believe it is there for a reason and really dont want to buy a new board if that isn't a good choice to try.  I'm willing but apprehensive.

2. Based on some other posts on the web I read this: "If your SG is a SG000362, you will need an upgrade to a later Stepper Game chip. You'll need chips SG000353 GME 1 and 2, then do the clear process using these chips to fix this error".   Well based on my board - and if I am looking at the right spot - it appears I have SG000312 chips on my board (pic shown).

Any suggestions are appreciated, she is dead in the water right now.  If option #2 is my best choice can someone throw out a vendor/website where I can order these?  Thanks as always.

* s2000 board full.jpg (426.81 KB, 718x527 - viewed 252 times.)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 119

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:21:22 AM »

When you get to that menu in the key-config; are you then hitting the "cash out" button to change it ?  When i do my keyconfig it always says that when you go into it; i just hit cash out until it changes to "WAMM" and then the max-bet to save it..
wireless73
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:10:54 AM »

When I am at the 7.1.4.1 menu and hit the "cash out" button it changes to another setup screen (7.1.4.2 - Setups).  If I hit the spin reel button at the 7.1.4.1 menu it goes to "Version Unknown".  This happens after I key the machine and/or if I hit the reset white button on the MB.  I basically cannot get the machine to change to WAMM "only" - if you will.  below are the images of the two readouts within and around this menu.  Again the cash out button just flips between the two option - 7.1.4.1 and 7.1.4.2.  Thanks for you reply - still searching for solutions.....

* CapturFiles-Jan-10-2013_23.05.13.jpg (44.06 KB, 572x260 - viewed 214 times.)

* CapturFiles-Jan-10-2013_23.05.29.jpg (48.59 KB, 571x265 - viewed 227 times.)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 02:36:33 AM »

PM'd you to call me so i can walk you thru a couple of things to try.
wireless73
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:42:18 AM »

Just got back in from the garage.  Teamclark4 - got your PM and I appreciate the offer.  Here's the deal, when I saw the "Version unknown" I went back to the previous menu.  Well, thats not what you have to do.  When that message was displayed I had to hit the "spin reel" button to navigate to "WAMM" and from there you select the max bet button.  I guess I should have played around with this more before posting but hopefully this will help someone else out.  Thanks a lot for the views and offers to help. 

Until my next error...... wireless73 out.

Clap
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:51 AM »

Looking at your board it appears that it is a enhanced board . That board NEEDS the GREEN battery to work  . if the white or gray plastic with all the pins on the end are the same size it is enhanced . If the pin connectors are a long and short style it is a 500 series board and the battery can be removed . see attached pics

* P1010029.JPG (863.94 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 233 times.)

* P1010075.JPG (879.71 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 238 times.)

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:45:49 AM »

exactly, "version unknown" is the point when you need to hit the cashout to change it.....    applause  The other key chip menus are like that too.
wireless73
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:56:27 AM »

Thats funny.  I figured it was the nexus of the settings and a dead end.  Thanks for your offer.  Plunger - I am glad then I did not pop the battery out.  I was reading some other posting stating to pop it out.  Glad I asked first, thanks for the pics.  That is helpful.
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 02:59:58 AM »

heres are the instructions to key/clear your machine....

S2000 RAM CLEAR and KEY SET UP FOR HOME USE S2000

1)  Power the machine off.  Remove the coin tray.  Carefully remove the MPU board.

2)  Before handling the proms on the MPU, I like to ground myself by holding both hands onto the metal tray of the MPU for a few seconds.  Keep you wrists resting on the front frame of the tray while you work to insure you stay grounded and try not to move your feet around too much as you stand there.  Ideally we should all be using anti-static grounding cables tied to our wrists.

3)  Inspect and insure that the games Version, Game 1, and Game 2 to chips are installed in the proper orientation and fully seated.  Remove the SB (40 pin) chip and replace with your Clear Chip.

4)  Return the MPU to the machine and insure it is fully seated in the tray.  While leaving the door open for this step, power the machine on and keep your eye on the top 2 amber lights on the MPU board.  Once they turn on you should power your machine off.

5)  I like to repeat step 4 above 2 more times, power machine on, wait for lights, then power off.  This insures that everything fully clears off the board.  I have found that every once in awhile for some reason residual accounting information does not fully clear and causes problems later during set up.  This rare but I know it happens and was confirmed to me from the good people at Samron Slots.

6)  After powering the machine off, remove the MPU again, ground yourself, and replace the Clear Chip with your SB Chip.  Return it to the machine and while leaving the door open for this step power the machine on.  Notice on the door LED it should say "TESTING MEMORY" and soon after you should get an Alarm sound and a message that reads "RAM ERROR".  Turn your Reset Key (4) four times.  You should now have a message that says "PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS".  Proceed by pressing the small white button on the MPU for 3 seconds then release.  The message on the LED now reads "CLOSE MAIN DOOR".  Proceed and make sure the lever is pressed down with force to make sure it is fully seated.

7)  Door LED should now read "TESTING MEMORY".  When it is finished you should get a message that reads "CALL ATTENDANT".  At this point you should open the main door again.  You will immediately get an Alarm again.  Proceed, while keeping the door open, by turning the Reset Key (3) three times.  After a few moments the reels should spin and you should get a message that reads "MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH".  Power the machine down.

8)  After you power the machine down, remove the MPU again, ground yourself, and replace the SB chip with your Key Chip.  Return the MPU to the machine, fully seat, and while leaving the door open power the machine on.  Keep your eyes on the MPU lights and once the top 2 amber lights turn on, power the machine down.  Remove the MPU, ground yourself, replace the Key Chip with your SB Chip and return the board to the machine.  While leaving the door open, power the machine back on.  After the machine cycles, you should receive a message on the door LED that reads "7 KEY CHIP CONFIG".

As a preface to Key Chip set up on a machine, the SAS after a clear will default to "Standard Mode".  You have no reason to go into that set up and should avoid it.  In fact you will find that there are many settings with in the Key Chip set up that will already default to a desired mode and you can bypass most all settings.

Button control during Key Chip set up is as follows.  The Service/Change and Cash Out buttons are toggles for up and down through the menu selections.  The Spin Reels button is for Select.  And the Bet Max is for Enter or Confirm.

9)  Our first step is to establish the machines Accounting and Denomination.  Warning...once you establish the Accounting you cannot reduce it at a later date unless you repeat the Clear Chip process above.  Should have decided by now what denomination your machine will play.  Most will set for 25 cents.

Press the Spin Reels 4 times and the LED should read "Accounting". 
Press the Spin Reels 1 more time and the toggle buttons should light up.
Press the Service button until the desired denomination shows...for example 25 cents.
Press the Bet Max 2 times.  Warning...there is no turning back at this point.

Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "Coin Denom"
Press the Spin Reels 2 Times.
Press the Service 1 time and the number reflected should equal your Accouting denomination....for example 25 cents.
Press Bet Max 2 times.

Press the Bet Max 1 more time and the LED should read "7.1.1 Denom".
Press the Cash Out 1 Time
Press the Spin Reels 1 Time
Press the Cash Out button until the desired game payout percentage is found.
Press the Bet Max 1 time to confirm.

Press the Cash Out 3 times and the LED should read "Machine Type"
Press the Spin Reels 1 time.
Press the Cash Out 1 time until the reads "Upright" or continue to toggle to find slant top if that is what you have.

Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "Token Payout"
Press the Spin Reels 1 time and you will be given the opportunity to enable or disable your hopper at this point.
If using a printer and not a hopper, then press the Service light 1 time so the LED reads "Disabled"

** Note if your machine is hopper based and not using a printer you are done with the Key Set up at this time.  Press the Bet Max 3 times, the machine will cycle, close door and you should be good to go.  If you are using a printer, proceed below.

Press the Bet Max 2 times to exit and the LED should read "7.1 Key Chip I Config".
Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "7.2 Key Chip II Config".
Press the Spin Reels 1 time.
Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "7.2.2 Printers".
Press the Spin Reels 2 times.
Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "Printer Enabled".
Press the Bet Max 2 times to confirm and return to the main menu.

Press Bet Max 2 more times to exit Key set up, the machine should cycle, close your door and you should be in business.

Play the game and test your hopper or printer for proper function.  You may at a later time press the test button on the MPU and go into other set ups like hopper/credit limits and machine volume.  Again avoid the SAS setup area as it should already be defaulted to Standard Mode.
wireless73
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 03:08:39 AM »

Thanks staz. I actually need this as I need to run through the process again. Getting a coin error now after hitting cash out with credits in the machine. It doesn't have coins! This will be good practice. Thanks again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.