Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Error Code 12
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Error Code 12  (Read 10610 times)
riverratmike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: January 17, 2013, 01:51:34 AM »

Keep getting this code every time I turn my machine on. It's a 25 cent Double Diamond Deluxe. It also clicks a few times down near the pull handle after powering on. Is this a low battery code? It was working 1 month ago. Turned it on today and error 12 in the winner paid window was displayed. Help.
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »

Low Battery Voltage. Voltage has dropped below 2.9 V
riverratmike

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »

ok thanks for the info, went ahead and purchased online a new 3.6V battery. I'll report back once I get it installed.
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:42 AM »

Yup, Very easy to change out......
riverratmike

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:28:06 AM »

what are my chances doing the battery change without having to do a clear chip? Saw a video on another thread, machine just like mine, he had the battery unhooked and then re-hooked it and bam, machine was working again with have to do a chip set
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:03:32 AM by riverratmike » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:24:19 AM »

As long as you haven't touched the Jackpot Reset key, chances are good that the whole thing will just come back to life after the battery change.

For your future reference, there's a sticky topic here in the S+ section with a direct link to the S+ error codes.  Professor

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
riverratmike

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:50:28 AM »

As long as you haven't touched the Jackpot Reset key, chances are good that the whole thing will just come back to life after the battery change.

For your future reference, there's a sticky topic here in the S+ section with a direct link to the S+ error codes.  Professor

well unfortunately I have turned the reset key thinking it might make the machine start working again when I first tuned it on and had the 12 error code. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that. Has anyone ever reset the jackpot key on a error code 12, then replaced the battery and got away with everything working normally again without any headaches?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:16:10 AM by riverratmike » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 05:40:28 AM »

In my experience, that sometimes leads to the "61 loop" issue, but not always according to other posters here.

It's going to be pure speculation to tell you what's going to happen after you change your battery. My best advice at this point is to just do it and see what happens. No matter what we'll be able to get you back up and running.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
riverratmike

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 03:40:24 AM »

was thinking about doing this... before removing the old battery, I would solder in the new battery with the old battery still in place, and then cut out the old battery. Make any sense? Thought I'd give that a try then I wouldn't be completely wiping out the ram, it still would have voltage during the time I change out the batteries.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:47 AM »

was thinking about doing this... before removing the old battery, I would solder in the new battery with the old battery still in place, and then cut out the old battery. Make any sense? Thought I'd give that a try then I wouldn't be completely wiping out the ram, it still would have voltage during the time I change out the batteries.

Will not hurt to try, but if you have the code 12 it may be too late. Clear and set chips are cheap enough and easy to use..not a problem to worry about. Easy fix..
riverratmike

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 03:15:12 AM »

Will not hurt to try, but if you have the code 12 it may be too late. Clear and set chips are cheap enough and easy to use..not a problem to worry about. Easy fix..

Well that didn't work. Got the dreaded 61 now on the display. I did solder in the new battery on top of the old battery then cut out the old battery. It had 2.1 Volts left in it.
Ok now I need that clear and set chips. Coorslight115 I need your help.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 03:46:50 AM »

Did you try to reset the 61 error?
Hold the white button till you hear the ding,you will get a 61 - 1
 then the close the door and turn the reset key.

One step at a time.
riverratmike

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 04:06:22 AM »

man you are good! Hey that fixed it!!!  Silly Me! Works like a charm now. Thank you so much for the help. Still going to go ahead and order a set and clear chip just incase.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 04:17:49 AM »

Sweet. Yeah, 61 is a common error. The issue is that sometimes when you change the 61 to a 61-1, instead of clearing like it should, it "loops" back to 61 and never clears. That issue requires a clear chip.

Glad you're back up and running.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.