Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:09:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT JOKER WILD PROBLEMS ASSISTANCE PLEASE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT JOKER WILD PROBLEMS ASSISTANCE PLEASE  (Read 5311 times)
NZRick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: January 18, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »

Greetings fellow forum members

I have an IGT Joker Wild Poker machine main board Assy # A33.001.11   Rev. B

I have only had this machine for a few days and the sound system didn't seem to be working so I changed the dip switch setting on the #3 pin to on. all the other switch pins are presently off I do not have any info on this machine. No  Sound so I rotated the volume control on the main board still no sound. I then switched the box which houses the speaker and test switch fuses etc with another unit I had thinking it could have possibly been a defective speaker. Still no sound. Tried to run the self test mode and came to a place where the game buttons are used to move the red cursor around to make selections the diverter , door lock out sound effects etc. when the cursor is pointing to the item selected and the jackpot reset key is activated nothing happens. Stilll the game was operating correctly the proper credits were displayed and all was well besides the lack of sound.

Tonight I after I tried to test another board in the machine and then put the old one back the Door open error was displayed even though it was closed when I went to slide the hopper back in and reconnect it a "hopper malfunction extra coin paid out" error appeared on the screen as shown in the attached pics below. I only have the downloadable manual for the S-Slot and S-Plus reelers machines and nothing on the Joker Wild video machine. I have tried a few things but it's all to naught.

As you all must have heard a thousand and 12 times in here HELP would be very much appreciated and then I owe you a justice. Many many thanks in advance

Cheers!

Rick

* JOKERWILDERR1.JPG (20.88 KB, 220x176 - viewed 818 times.)

* JOKERWILDERR2.JPG (18.09 KB, 176x220 - viewed 828 times.)
NZRick

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »

Okie dokie

Well I hath prayeth to thee Lord and why the Lord he hath answered. Machine working again as before however still the no sound issue. When I go into the self test mode and select sound effects then activate the reset switch again nothing. have ruled out the speaker so now am wondering if 3 on on the dip switch would be the proper setting for this model? So it's either an improper dip switch setting the volume pot on the main board may be stuffed or the sound chip itself stuffed.

Any other possible avenues her gents?

Abundant thanks and well wishing to all

Cheers

Rick
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:27:28 PM »

You have an IGT Player's Edge Plus (PE+) video poker machine. I'll move this post to that section.

If you have no documentation for the machine, what on earth made you decide to flip DIP switch 3? Don't touch the DIP switches, except to put them back how they were.

You said you tried a second board in the machine. Did you have sound with the replacement board?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
NZRick

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Many thanks for your resposne Knagl.

The decision to flip the number 3 switch was based on the information I found on this sight in a similar posting and also in the older S slot series manual which was downloaded which indicates the dip switch setting as (3) ON for active sound. Good job I didnt get too enthusiastic about the other positions

The alternate board I installed in the machine proved fruitless aside from a few screen changes it was a lock up so was immediately removed. I was hoping to at least catch hold of some short little jingle to confrim that the sound feature was functional. I am also just starting out in this pursuit and obviously have much to learn however at the end of the day I find is neccesary to make a practical straight forward investigation when there seems to be little else. Hands on learning without ample information can often reek disaster but it's the surest way to learn not to repeat the same stupid mistake a second time.

Thank you very much again for taking the time to respond. For this I am very grateful

All The very best to you sir

Rick
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »

some of the older type poker machines only made noise in certain situations.  coin-in, when you won credits.  depends on what machine you have.   on the PE poker machine (board mounted in back of machine and had two plug in cables going to it)  made very limited sound.

picture of inside your machine or where the board is located could shed new information.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
NZRick

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »

Sir Jim

Thank you very much for your kind reply. Yes sir this version of the game matches that descirption the main board connects via two large 50 pin interface type connectors. Since the board software has a feature to select either music or tones leads me to believe this version is supposed to have sound as displayed in below pic. Aside fron the sound issue the game seems to now be operating properly. My other question is would one know where to possibly find replacment door sesnors for these IGT Player's Edge Plus machines? I have two others under the IGT Imperial name and the sensors in both has broken off wires.

Thanks again Jim I truly appreciate your kind input

ALL The best

Rick

* Joker MUSIC.JPG (16.74 KB, 220x176 - viewed 776 times.)

* Joker backboard.JPG (15.25 KB, 220x176 - viewed 729 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 02:33:02 AM »

Oh, interesting. That must be a PE (non-plus).  Every PE+ I've worked on has a board tht just slides into place into the motherboard, not wire harnesses like yours.  Jim will be able to confirm.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
NZRick

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 02:46:52 AM »

I have three IGT Imperial machines of which the Joker Wild is one. They are all mechanically and otherwise identical The motherboard is connected via the two aforementioned cables etcl
NZRick

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:40:57 AM »

Hiya again

so any ideas Here and would anyone know the switch settings for this machine? I have tried everything and still no sound. The speaker is good and the pot wheel on the board turns the self test offers either tones or music but neither is there. When you enter the self test screen with sound effects and select it with the red cursor and actuate the reset key still no sound.

Many thanks again for any helpful input

Cheers!

Rick
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.