Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 01:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Help with this
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with this  (Read 4209 times)
charlanay
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 01, 2013, 03:14:46 AM »

:99-I just picked up this machine and needed a little info on it. Model Y89 it says mirage on the upper glass. After reading some of the posts and what the Universal guru UNIMAN has to say, I'm going to try some of his tips to get this thing going. What's the name of this game?
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:46:10 PM »

The game is Jackpot 7's. Similar to IGT's Mag 7's.

A three line game with a 4th coin bonus when three blue 7's are hit.

The Y89 is actually year of manufacture, not a model number. There is no real model number on the Uni's.
charlanay

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »

Thanks Uniman, after reading some posts I know I have a coin actuator and the mechanism that allows me to use the arm, but the spin, max bet and cash out buttons don't push down. I did the reset that was mentioned in the posts, but didn't seem to do much.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »

Thanks Uniman, after reading some posts I know I have a coin actuator and the mechanism that allows me to use the arm, but the spin, max bet and cash out buttons don't push down. I did the reset that was mentioned in the posts, but didn't seem to do much.

Don't push down? You may need to open the door and remove the buttons and clean them. Could be sticky cola residue in them.
After opening the door you need to pull out the white light sockets that have the wires attached to them. Grab them and rock back and forth while pulling down. They snap in and to pull them out you need pull pretty good! On the white light socket there is a micro-switch that the button pushes.
Then there is a threaded on black locking ring underneath that needs to be unthreaded. And there should be a washer above that. Inside the button should be a spring.
Sounds like it's all gummed up!
charlanay

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »

You were absolutely right! got them all cleaned up, thought I had a comparator problem, but after reading some posts, found out that I needed a coin to size the comparator. Wife is having a blast with it! I was wondering if there was a way to get sound for the reel spin. I have sound for everything else but I just hear the hum when they spin. Any thoughts? Also, I pulled the numbers off my machine, can you tell me what they mean?
#1  8933
#2  0023
#3  8939
#4  0005
#5  1200
Thanks again sooooo much for all your help Uniman.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »

You were absolutely right! got them all cleaned up, thought I had a comparator problem, but after reading some posts, found out that I needed a coin to size the comparator. Wife is having a blast with it! I was wondering if there was a way to get sound for the reel spin. I have sound for everything else but I just hear the hum when they spin. Any thoughts? Also, I pulled the numbers off my machine, can you tell me what they mean?
#1  8933
#2  0023
#3  8939
#4  0005
#5  1200
Thanks again SO much for all your help Uniman.
Your game number is 8939.0005 which is a 90.480% payback game. All 8939 game chips are the same except the virtual stop table. This stop table determines the chances of hitting each symbol. The .0005 identifies which virtual table is on your chip. Yours has a theoretical payback of 90.480%. Not one of the best. They go up to 96% and the worst is 89%.
Your System chip is 8933.0023. Each game must be used with a specific System chip. This one matches up to your game. If it didn't, the game wouldn't boot up.
Also, the system chip determines what sound chips can be used. And there is no documentation that I know of that shows the compatibility of system and sound chips. Years ago I experimented with various sound chips with various system chips and found some that worked and others that didn't.
Universal came out with this style of machine in 1984. The first sound chip(s) had no reel spin sound. If you look at your board you will see two 24-pin sockets for the sound and most likely only one has a chip. Later, around 1990 they came out with a two chip sound package. These have reel spin sounds. But I do not believe the 8933 system chip supports the newer sound chips with reel spin sound. I have a game that uses the 8933 and it does not have reel sound, believe I tried the newer sound chips and the reel sound started but never stopped, just kept playing on and on!

The 1200 is your credit limit. It can be changed by setting the dips on the 8-dip switch located on the raised sub-board connected at location 1A on your board. Right now #1 is OFF and #2 & #3 are ON. Set all three to ON and then do a RAM clear on the next startup and your credit limit will be 2500 coins. This is the max limit.
There is no way to add credits other than winning them.
charlanay

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »

Thanks for the info, I think this one will be a stepping stone for a better machine. The wife likes double diamond, whereas I prefer Haywire. I can probably get someone to give me 150 to 200 for this one when Im done. As they say around the forum, "you are the man!"
charlanay

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 02:52:08 PM »

Another question for you. I was wiping off the reels and they turned some, will that  affect the way they line up for payout? Is there a way to reset if that's the case?
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 01:06:55 AM »

Another question for you. I was wiping off the reels and they turned some, will that  affect the way they line up for payout? Is there a way to reset if that's the case?

You can turn the reels by hand all you want, will not hurt a thing. Each reel has a tab that passes thru an optic. The machine spins the reels about three revolutions and then as it passes the tab it then knows when to stop reel #1, and then one more time around it stops reel #2, and then reel #3.

Where it starts from doesn't matter. As soon as the tab passes thru the optic it knows where it is at. Now, what is important is where the reel strip is on the reel! It must be on the right spot for the symbols to line up.
Universal reel strips are double-backed taped on so removing them is a real pain. But that does usually prevent someone from moving them out of alignment.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.