Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:57:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  mikohn + chamII only message display
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mikohn + chamII only message display  (Read 4398 times)
resanberto
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Mystery JP

« on: February 06, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »

Hi Slottech's,

Is it possible to display only message text without jackpot information
i want to disable jackpot details 4awhile
Setup Mikohn con2 ChamII display

Best regards,

Alberto
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

Create a jpot.do file without the jackpot token
the jpot.do is on your cham II
and you may have to adjust the mfile setting in it as well to use the jpot.do file.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »

Hello all

Been working on one of these for some time myself.  Over the weekend I got my mikohn/chamII+ setup going.  It has that standalone controller.  I'm not 100% sure how I did it but I did a ton of reading on this website and used the settings that were posted.  Got the Jackpot in multicolors to display on the machine and got it to increment .0025 per credit played.  So that part is working like a champ.  I've been sorting out this whole PSP software to try and figure it out.  I can't seem to get any messages to scroll or even show up.  Heck, in the psp it shows there is a demo.do, I can load that to the system because it sayes loading but never get anything other than my progressive number.  Would love to be able to scroll messages across like you guys have been able to do.  I know someone on this thread talked about the mfile settings, I'm not sure what that is or how to edit it.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I've read till my eyes can't hardly see any more and downloaded these files to the system more times that I care to count.  Kinda stuck.

Mike
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »

MikeCamp

The MFile setting is done on the hardware directly with the slide switch and buttons on the Cham II+
you need to change it to 0.  that allows it to use the jpot.do file which psp overwrites when it uploads the Demo file.

if you do not have the hardware manual I am sure it can be found in the downloads or in another post.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:07:10 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »

Hello all

Been working on one of these for some time myself.  Over the weekend I got my mikohn/chamII+ setup going.  It has that standalone controller.  I'm not 100% sure how I did it but I did a ton of reading on this website and used the settings that were posted.  Got the Jackpot in multicolors to display on the machine and got it to increment .0025 per credit played.  So that part is working like a champ.  I've been sorting out this whole PSP software to try and figure it out.  I can't seem to get any messages to scroll or even show up.  Heck, in the psp it shows there is a demo.do, I can load that to the system because it sayes loading but never get anything other than my progressive number.  Would love to be able to scroll messages across like you guys have been able to do.  I know someone on this thread talked about the mfile settings, I'm not sure what that is or how to edit it.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I've read till my eyes can't hardly see any more and downloaded these files to the system more times that I care to count.  Kinda stuck.

Mike

Did you look @ this thread. @ one point I have what my settings were.
Ford
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=20264.0
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »

Just remembered that there is a setting to get it working. If I get time I'll find it for you.
I think it was in the menu displays
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 04:31:41 PM »

Well its very odd because I'm not sure what I did differently than what I had been doing but I was able to change the mfile=4 to mfile=0.  Edited the jpot.do and sent it over many times and it finally started working.  I'm able to get the jackpot up for 9 seconds and it increments when the Play Max Credits button is mashed and I was even able to get a Happy Birthday Message up for my daughter, the message and jackpot repeat.  So its doing exactly what I was hoping to get it to do, just not 100% sure on how I got it to work Smiley  In reading the help it looks like the controller should cycle thru jpot.do, jack01.do, jpot.do, jack02.do etc... and it does say that if a coin is not played for 2 min then the mess.do file will be displayed but of course its not doing any of that Smiley  I guess I should just be happy to have it working this well.

I did see where background file and some other file are mentioned but since I have no clue how to get those loaded into this device I'll just stick what is working for now.

I also noticed that if you load that dang demo.do file its almost impossible to get it off the device and the jpot.do file working again.

This is all very fun and gives one a sense of accomplishment once you get it working but I can't afford to loose much more hair on this stuff Smiley

Thanks for all who have helped,
Mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.