Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  trouble with a s plus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: trouble with a s plus  (Read 4097 times)
slotmani
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 13, 2013, 10:17:28 PM »

S plus slot, I opened the door and then shut it to play and game would not start lost display and the reels move about 1/4 of a inch? Tried to reset it, nothing. Game was playing fine before? Any ideas? THANKS
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »

with the door open are the reels stiff or do they spin easily?
if they spin easily it's usually the connection on the motherboard from the power supply.

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:03:54 PM »

If you power off and on, does it go though the "maiden" spin? And...is your latch latched? Sometimes you really have to slam the latch down to make sure the optics line up.
slotmani

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »

No the game does not go into a spin when you put it on ? the reels move a 1/4 of a inch and no display lites up?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »

Are any numbers displaying anywhere? If so, what are they?
slotmani

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »

no dispaly at all, they were working fine before?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »

I'm only a "new" pro here...but I'd pull the plug out, open the door and look carefully everywhere for any plugs half in/out. Check all the fuses in the back. Do you have a DVM to check for continuity? You usually can look at them but sometimes it's best to actually measure... While you're there, make sure the MPU is seated properly. It lifts up and out...just press down (toward the bottom of the machine) on the top of it.
slotmani

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

Thanks I have tried that with no luck, tried reset button and key also no luck , really don't know what to try next?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »

Connector from power supply to motherboard (board on floor behind hopper) most likley has bad burnt connector. This was stated a few posts earlier. Very good chance that is it...ususlly is and is a common problem. Atleast tell us if you looked at it. Clean it up tighten connector and reseat does the trick. If too burnt you have to replace it...but most times cleaning and reseating will do the trick. There is a thread here for this.

* Screenshot_2013-02-13-20-32-07.jpg (767.05 KB, 1280x800 - viewed 268 times.)
slotmani

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »

I will try that tomorrow , it just seems strange that the game was fine and stopped all of a sudden? But I will check all conections and see what I come up with.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »

I will try that tomorrow , it just seems strange that the game was fine and stopped all of a sudden? But I will check all conections and see what I come up with.
That is exactly what it will do..if you goto the splus section it is one of the first few topics. Again...VERY common problem. Dead center in picture you can see white connector with burn mark.
slotmani

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 10:51:13 PM »

Thanks for the help every one, I found the problem it was a wire that came lose on the change lite button switch a double green wire sperated and caused the problem not letting the ciruit through, Now I have to find why the slot dose not work when I pull the handle, the handle switch is good?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.