Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S Plus is driving me crazy!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S Plus is driving me crazy!  (Read 7286 times)
SSGHuber1964
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »

Crazy Crazy Crazy

1st let me say "Thank you" for the answers I will receive.
OK..........Here goes......My IGT S Plus machine is giving me error codes
that should NOT be there.

The game was running perfectly, then I decided to change the theme.
It started off with a 66 code, closed door, then the 65-1 shows.
I push the reset button (3) seconds, hear the "Ding" close door,
now the 65-3 code is there & WILL NOT DISAPPEAR!!

I have tried OTHER reel chips, as well as game chips.
SP 731, SP 1311, & also tried the tournament game/reel chips
ST 0025, ST 0036.  Still the 65-3 is there!

Next I tried a Ram clear. However instead of the numbers going from zero & up 2 times,
It showed a (0) in winner paid & another (0) in coins played.  I Reinserted the clear chip
With the same results numerous times.  The game chips, reel chips as well as the clear chip
Have all worked before. i repeated all of the above steps a few times and verified that the
power board was seated properly. Next I tried to set Chip. It's seem to work fine.
It started off with a (9-1) bill validator working, & I made sure it was set to (25) Quarters.
Again the same results 65-3, closed-door, Pushed white reset button (3) seconds,
Waited for the "Ding," then as it should the 65-1 was there. Close the door turn Jackpot reset key
(1) time & AGAIN 65-3. What the heck is going on? Thanks again for helping me.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »

When you get the 65-3 turn the reset key again, with door open I believe if does not work with door closed

66 - you should have powered down then up again and got 61 then 61-1 after pushing test button (then close door and turn key)

on the clear chip, are you pushing the spin reels or pulling handle after getting 0 - 0?

forget set chip until you get game running

65-3 is code for meters need updating as you changed from say SP1271 to 731 or vise versa

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/gamechange.htm

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »

Thanks. I will try to fix it again in a little while. I did change from SP 1271 to SP 1311 then back to 731.
As far as the clear chip, I DID NOT pull handle, or the spin reel button. I thought once the clear chip was
Installed the numbers would automatically start counting up?

You said that the 65-3 code is because the meters need reset & I'm not sure I know how to do this.
Hopefully when I try later it will work.
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »

I just tried it again with the same results.
So I changed the SP731 to an SP1271.
This time it started out with code 66.
Turned power off/on. Code 61, presses white
switch (2-3) seconds, heard "Ding" closed door,
Code 61-1 came up. Closed door, turned reset key
(1) time, 65-1 now showing. Closed door, turned reset
key (1) time (2-3) seconds. Closed door and theres
that 65-3 code.

I'm about ready to give up on it & play my other machines.
I've looked on this site, as well as a few places on line but
the same thing keeps happening even though I'm doing
as the directions tell me! 

Check this one out..... I just changed both game & reel chips.
This time I changed the SP1271 to an ST0025 (Tournament chip)
No 65-3, but all the meters were BLANK.
Winner paid, Credits, Coins played, & Insert coins.

Changed out BOTH game/reel chips to an SP1271 & then it ended up
repeating the codes 66, 65-1, & 65-3. Now you all can see why I'm going
CRAZY!!!  I work for the Post-Office so going crazy isnt a good idea!
 Crazy   Silly Me!   hissy fit    Duh! 
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »

Here is something I did once and it worked....Leave your reel chip in, take your game chip out and put your set chip in and turn on your bill validater. Put your game chip back in and it should go to a 61, and 61-1. It worked for me when I had one of the 65 codes, it won't hurt. It won't matter what game chip you put back in.
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:34:23 PM »

OK, Dale thank you!       I will give that a try and see what happens.
If you had the same problems with the code 65 like I am, then it should
Work for me as well!     Let you know how things go.   wave
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 10:50:11 PM »

Dale, I put in the set chip, reel chip, & turned ON
bill validator (9-1)    Powered down, replaced set chip
with SP1271.     Code 61 came on.   
Pushed white button 2-3 seconds "Ding," then
code 61-1 was there.   Turned JP reset key (1) time.
65-3 popped right back as before!!!

Just tried to clear Ram & winner paid/coins played
BOTH have a ZERO (0)???
This is freaking strange!   It worked earlier, now 0/0??
Anymore ideas??? Thanks
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

When you get 61-1, close the door and turn the Reset Key. If you get  any other code press and hold the self test button and it should clear.

If you are using a 4 digit SP chip and 65-3 appears after turning the reset key, turn the rest key again, then open the door and hold the self test button.

This is straight of IGT S+ set chip instructions.

Try this, you are close to getting it going.....

PS..Are your reel chips and game chips compatible, same Type Game?
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »

Yes, they are compatible.  I tried holding in the white button after 61-1, but it will go to
65-3.  No idea as to why this is going on.  I've checked/rechecked, connections, reel/game
chips/legs (Seated properly) the main computer board is also seated properly.

I have used the ST0025 (5 X Pay Tournament with 5,000% payback. Worked great!
and the SP1211/SP731 (Various Games)- double diamonds (3) coin, Triple Triple diamonds (2) coin,
Mag 7 (Type 19) SP1311 (4) coin (3) lines, Double Diamond (5) coins (1) line
Triple Diamond (3) coins (1) L, 10 X Pay (2) coins (1) L, Triple Sapphires (2) C (1) L,
 And a 5 X Pay (5) C (1) L.

I think thats all I have!  If any game didnt work due to compatability issues
(SP) chip, I would just change it out & it worked!  Only really happened a few times
because the Mag 7 is a type (19) so I ordered the SP1311.   All my reel chips have
worked with either SP1271 or SP731 and I never had this happen.

Sorry to be a pain, I am trying EVERYTHING I can think of as well as what you told me.
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 12:00:48 AM »

So after you got the 65-3, you pressed and held the white test button? What happened after that?

If you have a 4 digit SP chip and you got the 65-3 did you turn the reset key again with the door closed and then open the door and press the white test button ?  What happened after that?

65-3 is a game options and meters not current- 1. recover options by using the correct SET CHIP.
                                                                            2. turn reset key to continue power up, game should upgrade , 65-1 or 65-2
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:21:03 AM »

After 65-3, & Pressing white button, it STAYED on 65-3.

65-3, closed door, turned reset key, Numbers were gone,
then a  few seconds later,  65-3 turned key again, 65-3,
opened door, held white button, 61-1, followed code
trouble shooting on inside door. 65-3 once again.

Hope this helps you figure out what is wrong!
No need to reply back tonight unless you feel like it.
You've spent enough time with me today! lol lol
Whenever you get some time, please lets try again.

Thanks very much for your time & patience
  applause    Clap

John Huber
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:52 AM »

Jim at Blueridge is one of the most knowledgeable guys on this board. I'd be hitting him up and following any advice gives. I think he said in his post that you should power off when you get a 65 or 66 code. It is very odd that you can get the 61-1 but can't clear the 65-3 after that. You are right there and just need to clear the 65 the correct way ( whatever that is, lol).
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 02:33:10 AM »

Jim at Blueridge is one of the most knowledgeable guys on this board. I'd be hitting him up and following any advice gives. I think he said in his post that you should power off when you get a 65 or 66 code. It is very odd that you can get the 61-1 but can't clear the 65-3 after that. You are right there and just need to clear the 65 the correct way ( whatever that is, lol).
Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post

If Jim says it....believe it. He would not tell you to do something if it was not solid.  +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever)

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 02:54:58 PM »

Sounds like you have to start eliminating what's good and what's bad.  you said you have other machines,  do you have another S+? .

you have to establish that the chips you are using are either good or bad. the only way is to put them in a known good machine. then the board, once you have established that all that is good, and you put it in the machine and still have your problem, then we could point to the eeprom on the motherboard as being your problem.

you could continue trying the method you are using, or try what I have suggested and we will get the machine fixed.  also I would strongly recommend using one set of known good chips until you get the machine up and running, I always use the SP 731.  its user friendly in that you can do all the functions using the buttons on the door and not have to fool around with the reset jackpot key at all , except to clear the 61-1 code.

the fact that your clear chip doesn't function as it should leads me to believe its the eeprom on the motherboard.

Hope this helps

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »

Thanks Jim.   The other machines I have are (2) Bally 6000 Pro Slots & (1) IGT S2000.    I have  a few SP 731 chips & a bunch of reel chips.
I'm going to try with ONLY the SP 731's & see what happens.   Hope it eventually gets fixed!    My set chip worked fine, & (1) time the clear chip DID go through all the numbers.   Whats confusing is that the game was working fine (Triple Triple Diamonds) & I changed game themes & then all these problems appeared!

Going to go and try in a minute.  I'll take my time, & not get frustrated, then lets see what happens. 
Maybe I'll send the MPU board in to be checked.   As long as it isn't very expensive, that may be the way to go.
On the bright side I still have (3) more machines to play!!!    Wish me luck I need it!  See you later.

playwitslotmachines

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 11:37:31 PM »

Crazy Crazy Crazy

1st let me say "Thank you" for the answers I will receive.
OK..........Here goes......My IGT S Plus machine is giving me error codes
that should NOT be there.

The game was running perfectly, then I decided to change the theme.
It started off with a 66 code, closed door, then the 65-1 shows.
I push the reset button (3) seconds, hear the "Ding" close door,
now the 65-3 code is there & WILL NOT DISAPPEAR!!

I have tried OTHER reel chips, as well as game chips.
SP 731, SP 1311, & also tried the tournament game/reel chips
ST 0025, ST 0036.  Still the 65-3 is there!

Next I tried a Ram clear. However instead of the numbers going from zero & up 2 times,
It showed a (0) in winner paid & another (0) in coins played.  I Reinserted the clear chip
With the same results numerous times.  The game chips, reel chips as well as the clear chip
Have all worked before. i repeated all of the above steps a few times and verified that the
power board was seated properly. Next I tried to set Chip. It's seem to work fine.
It started off with a (9-1) bill validator working, & I made sure it was set to (25) Quarters.
Again the same results 65-3, closed-door, Pushed white reset button (3) seconds,
Waited for the "Ding," then as it should the 65-1 was there. Close the door turn Jackpot reset key
(1) time & AGAIN 65-3. What the heck is going on? Thanks again for helping me.

This will drive me crazy too if I ever own an S plus machine but I'm more of an s2000 guy. The disadvantage of S plus machines is that you cannot hardly tell what those messages mean

Everyone's a winner!
SSGHuber1964

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 10:14:19 AM »

Hello! To those of you who tried to help me fix those error codes on my IGT S Plus machine.
Also if it ever happens to you, or someone else says they have the same issues with error codes, here is the solution.

Ken @ Ohio Gaming figured out the problem!    Hail   After going through all the normal troubleshooting procedures, like me he was wondering what was going on with the machine.   Scratch Head
However Ken won't give up.    He found a very hard to see BENT PIN ON THE MOTHERBOARD!
It was very, very hard to see, but THAT was the problem!!!

Ken straightened it and it works perfectly again!   Thanks a bunch Ken you are the man.
I don't know how many times I overlooked that bent connector pin.  Like I said it was ever so slightly bent that you literally had to stare
at all the connector pins to see it, & doing that you still  could miss it.

OK, now I owe Ken a "Plug" for helping me.   By the way EVERYTHING I say about him or Ohio Gaming is the gospel truth!!!

So that issue is fixed thanks to Ken @ Ohio Gaming.    
Ken does fantastic work on any slot machine.   I bought a slot machine from him & it is very clean, and the buttons  are NOT that smoky
Yellow color.     If anybody is looking to get a slot machine, or if it needs repaired, I HIGHLY recommend going to Ken.
You'll be glad you did!   I've also bought a few game kits from him & they all were in very good condition, & the reel strips were clean
and not damaged.

Ken WILL NOT sell you something that HE wouldn't be proud to display.
All the repair work he has done for me WAS NOT the slot machine he sold me, but another business.
The slot machine I bought from Ken (18) months ago is still in showroom condition & works perfectly!
He WILL NOT hesitate to solve any problems you have, & he will talk you through it until it is working again!

Thanks to ALL who tried to help me resolve the error code fiasco.   Clap

John.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.