Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Test button???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test button???  (Read 71358 times)
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« on: February 16, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

I have an IGT Wild Cherry 2 coin slot machine. The manual readers to a test button. I can see 2 buttons. 1 is a tiny one below the coin comparator and one is on the box to the left of the coin hopper. Are either of these the test button or maybe reset button.
genebopp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »

I think you mean the little white button near the power switch in the top right of the cabinet.  I read somewhere that the little white button is sometimes on the back of the power switch box, but I don't know if that is true.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »

I can only find 2 buttons. The main power switch is under the front of the hopper. I guess I'll wait till I get my battery to see if that fixes the reels problem. Thank you however. 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »

On the first S+ the test button is on your left down low just above the fuses. ( nine times out of ten it's hard to see hiding behind a bunch of wires.)

genebopp   It's true, sometimes on a machine that has the upper power switch the test button is hid on the back side. You will never see it but can feel it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:59:01 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 06:38:23 PM »

What is the button on the front of the Mpu?
genebopp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »

Hummmm, by an chance does your machine have a blue dot matrix display above the bet one credit button?  Smiley  The one with the blue display is an S-2000, not an s-plus and that button on the MPU is probably the button your looking for.  If you have a blue display pushing the little white button will give you a menu of options in the blue display window.  
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »

Sounds like an early S+ or late S. The button by the MPU board is the Self Test switch on those versions. Care to post a picture of the inside of your machine?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »

Sure will. It'll be later I'm at work. And let me just say a guy named foxslot referred me to this site. So far so good.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 01:49:59 AM »

Im pretty sure ( looking at others) it's an early s+. can't put pics yet only have iPad. Will replace battery. And get back with problems. Thanks for all you all do.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 10:47:45 PM »

Ok I cannot post pics. If someone can give me their email I can email them you can post them if so desired.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:45 PM »

Problem is I just replaced battery and it just lights up. I only find 2 buttons inside the box. 1 is a tiny white one below the coin comparator the other is on the side of the MPU housing. I tried to post pics to no avail. I have 4 pics if I can email to you and you can post them that would be of great help
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »

All I get when I turn it on is the lights. No humming, no spinning, no noise at all
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 11:54:08 PM »

My email is in my profile ( not nidden )

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 12:03:36 AM »

4 pics on the way. Please help me!!!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 12:54:15 AM »

I can't see the test button in your picture, but it'should be right below that piece of RED tape on the MPU frame work.  Look on the inside with the MPU removed and I would think you can see the back side of the test button.

* photo.JPG (408.82 KB, 960x720 - viewed 384 times.)

* 1.JPG (268.05 KB, 960x720 - viewed 406 times.)

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 12:59:56 AM »

Below that red tape right below the empty socket there is a silver stick style button, nothing happens when I press it. I just replaced the battery  and all I have are lights. Before battery replacement I got numbers, now lights only. Still not sure of type of machine (s s plus s 2000???)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 01:08:02 AM »

I saw something like this yesterday at NLG headquarters in Bullhead.  OH   you have a older style S+.   Look at a 6 pin connector harness that goes from the power supply to the mother board. I'll bet apples are oranges that you have a BAD connection. Just wiggle it around and watch the display and see if it changes.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »

Top white candle is now flashing and 61 in the winner paid window, do you like apples or oranges?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »

Here is a picture of the harness.  On this one I have cut the plug off and soldered the wires to the mother board.

* 001.JPG (439.31 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 331 times.)

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 01:48:43 AM »

Checked all harnesses. Both lights on top now flashing. Have 61 in winner paid window
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 02:09:49 AM »

OK  With a 61, hold the test button until you hear a "dong" then close the main door then turn the jackpot key one time.  Should now be ready to play.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:26 AM »

Held button for about 3 minutes no dong. Turned reset key anyway and now no 61 but coin played has 0 then 1 alternating. Top white candle flashing bottom yellow candle flashing 3 times faster
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 05:13:36 AM »

You shouldn't have to hold the button for more than about five seconds -- no need to hold it for three minutes in the future.  Smiley

Do you have access to a multimeter to do a continuity test on the Self Test switch?  With the machine's power off, remove the MPU board and test the leads on the back of that switch to make sure that the switch is completing the circuit when you press it, and breaking the circuit when you release it.  You mentioned that it's a "stick style" button -- it should be a momentary button that you can push in, and will spring back out when you release it.

If that's working correctly, try again by putting the MPU board back in and turning the machine on.  At the "61" error, press and hold the switch for about five seconds.  The display should change to 61_1 (and you should hear a ding if your speaker is working).  At that point (and even if it you don't get the 61_1), close and firmly latch the door.  If the 61 or 61_1 remains after you've latched the door, then turn the jackpot reset key.  Let us know...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »

Yes it springs back when I release. I will post about continuity tomorrow.  Thanks again for all your help
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 05:14:07 PM »

Yes there is continunity
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.