Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Test button???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test button???  (Read 71486 times)
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »

Turned on pressed button shut door it says 007 in both windows and 0 1 alternating in coins played window, both candles flashing at different sppeed...................sorry modification to notes.... Pushing button still makes no noise
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:05:18 PM by riothecat » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

I think you need to get a new MPU as it doesn't cost much.
Place a WTB ad for an S+ MPU in the new life games Classifieds section
and hopefully someone will spot it and offer you one!  yes
It should have a good CMOS chip already installed on it.

Before removing circuit boards, make sure you are powered off
and when removing CMOS chips( or any other chip) make sure that upon re-installing them, that they are facing in the correct direction!
You can see a small rectangular square etched onto the circuit board next to one end of the socket.

When you get your new MPU board, post here
and we will try to help you get it together and working in your machine again.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

Are we sure I have an S+
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 07:50:20 PM »

Are we sure I have an S+

Without you posting a single picture of your machine...
and the fact that your machine shows a [61] in the display...I'd say "Yeah!!"  rotflmao

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »

There are two pictures posted earlier in the topic. Reply # 14
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:29 PM »

There are two pictures posted earlier in the topic. Reply # 14

Okay...I thought those pictures were Buzz's pictures....not yours.
You have an S+.
Are you trying to quiz me on an S+?  bust gut laughing

Look, if you want to just try and buy a CMOS chip from someone, you may install it and it may still not work.
Inserting a chip of any kind incorrectly and in the wrong direction does all kinds of damage to either the chip or the MPU or sometimes even the motherboard on the floor.
Get yourself a spare MPU and install your SS and SP chips onto it.
I promise you that you will have a much better chance getting your machine back up and running again!
Let's just hope that there wasn't any damage done to the motherboard on the floor or you'll be needing one of those as well....if so, no problem - those don't cost a whole lot either!
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »

Yes I am trying to quiz you on an S+. I assume that question is sarcasm. There seems to be a button somewhere in my machine that should ding when I push it. I find one on the MPU case but it's not white and it has  nott dinged when I pushed it.. Anyway I'm ordering a board, how much should I expect to pay for this board and will it need anything from my old board ???
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »

Yes I am trying to quiz you on an S+. I assume that question is sarcasm. There seems to be a button somewhere in my machine that should ding when I push it. I find one on the MPU case but it's not white and it has  nott dinged when I pushed it.. Anyway I'm ordering a board, how much should I expect to pay for this board and will it need anything from my old board ???

Where is the button you are pushing?  It is nowhere near the MPU case.  It is behind/on the back of the power switch.  You can not see the button from the front of the machine...

Dan #2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:22:41 PM by dpalmi » Logged

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »

Dpalmi... Please see posts 13 thru 24 on my test button placement. Thank you.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »

An MPU board will run you anywhere from free to hundreds of dollars....it all depends on how nice you are and who you talk to...lol

When a fellow member asks you a question, it's good to answer if you can...it probably would have been easier than going back
and searching for which Reply #'s were associated with the question someone asked that was trying to help you.
I try to read the entire thread whenever possible to get the best feel for what is happening with your machine - not everyone reads the entire threads here.

I'm glad that you are trying to get an MPU board.....it is ALWAYS good to have a working spare board in case of future troubleshooting problems.

The Test button on an S+ are located sometimes in various locations around the machine.
I don't know why IGT changed the locations but on the oldest S+'s, they were located on the MPU cage on the front of it.
Later, IGT moved the Test switch to the front of the power switch box up under the reel shelf on the right.
They also sometimes placed the Test button BEHIND that power switch box too and many people that are new with this machine don't know this.

Yes, I was just joking around when I said are you trying to quiz me because you asked me if "Are we sure I have an S+?".
I knew that I was sure because I have been working with the S+ platform quite a long time.
Judging from reading the posts and Replies in your thread - I was very easily able to determine that your machine is an S+.
There are many NLG members that have been on this website for years and years that will be better able AND willing to help you if you give us as much details as you can about your machine whenever they ask you.
We are just slot homeowners here and we are are too help each other out and have a bit of fun with our hobby!

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you! propeller

Good luck on your search for some spare parts for your machine!  yes

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:40 PM »

Thank you for your help. I will answer as best as I can. Where are the ss and sp chips on my board? I have a games reel chip, CMOS, and 2 others I can't read.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:41 AM »

Maybe a recap is in order. First you have had three of the very best posting in this thread. Poppo, Knagl, and Bunker know how to fix a S +, me I have a long list of phone numbers to call for help.

Now way back at the start of all this, we came up that your power cord to the MPU is not in the best of shape. You wiggled it around and got power. I would solder the wires to the mother board like the picture I posted. There is one thing you can count on with a S+ and that is that power cord is bad are it's getting ready to be bad.

To me it looks like your test button is bad, but you check it with a meter and it tested good. ( Are you sure ?? ) If it is in fact good I would trace those two wires and test them to see if by chance one of them is broken. I don't think we ever went here but next time you have the MPU out take a look at the pins that plug into the mother board and see if one of them is bent over.

The SP chip is marked on your board as GAME and the SS is the REEL chip they are right next to your comos chip.

I would have to want a MPU pretty bad to pay over 50 dollars for one. 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 27

Trent

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 04:16:40 AM »

Here is a free download for a manual just in case you need one:

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=72&product_id=385

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »

This is not THAT important right now but when you pushed the button the MPU case, you said that it wasn't white in color.
Can you take a photo of that "test" button and post it up here?
I have never seen a Test button of any other color on an S+ other than white.
The colors of the two wires connecting to that switch SHOULD be a yellow w/ gray stripe and another that is the solid green ground wire.

Also, another reason you're NOT hearing a "ding" sound is because your volume potentiometer dial is turned down too far to the right.
Turning the dial towards the left increases the volume.
Also, are the two wires to the door speaker even connected?
The MPU cage were placed in two locations in an S+ machine at various times by IGT.
At 1st, they were located on the left-hand side of the cabinet wall in the machine.
Later on, IGT moved the MPU cage onto the back wall when they changed to the newer power supply boxes.
When they did this, the Test button was moved up to the power switch box location.
But the wires remained to be the same colors.

The easiest way in the world to test for sound is to simply open the door and press the Service Coin Switch on the coin-in optic sandwich board located under the CC - this adds up to the max bet on your game and makes a "ding" sound if the speaker is connected and the volume is turned up.

JFWilder

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

Hi...newbie here...just got 1st IGT S+ Haywire. Trying to figure out the very basics...about where IS the test button?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »

On the S+ platform, IGT installed the Test button in 3 locations throughout it's run.
At first, when the MPU cages were located on the left-hand side wall of the cabinet,
the Test button was located on the front of the MPU cage on top of the 24-pin door harness Molex.

( Not to confuse anyone  rotflmao but this was also the time when the power switch
was located on the floor next to the hopper tracks too!)

Later on, IGT engineers and machine designers moved the Test button up to the power switch box area.
They moved the MPU cage  to the back wall of the machines' cabinet
and installed the large rectangular new power supply boxes on the floor on the right-hand side.
When they moved the Test button up the power switch area, they made a hole for
the Test button either on the front of the small power switch box next to the power switch
or directly BEHIND it where newbies couldn't find it!!!   face in palm  Tongue Out

The colors of the two wires that connect to that Test button have always remained the same though. Professor
One wire had a yellow w/grey stripe
and the other was solid green ground wire.  propeller
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:30:09 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »

Here is a picture of 1 of the 3 locations.  This is next to the power switch on the front.

Dan #2

* resetbutton1.JPG (24.31 KB, 320x240 - viewed 333 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 11:40:39 PM »

dpalmi mine is not like that. If I could refer you to reply number 14 I posted 2 pictures with the help of buzz. One shows the button that I am using as the test button. It is on the MPU cage directly below the empty harness below the red tape. Bunker I have turned the volume button on top of the MPU many times in both directions. The wires attached to this switch are yellow with grey racer and a solid green. And I now have the volume in the middle and get no ding with either test button or the one below the coin comparator. I'm waiting on a reply for a new board.  Thanks
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:25 PM »

Ok. When I turn it on I shut the door. My hopper is not in... My coin tray is not on... I have a 61. I turn key and 61 goes away. Every 5th time I hit the spin reels button it spins right to left and stops in the same spot. I get different numbers in the winner paid, credits and coins played . For example in that order 1 01, 3, 2... Hit it agin it is 1 01, 4, 2 each time I hit the spin button it has different numbers as well. What's going on???
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2013, 01:00:00 AM »

Let me ask a couple of more questions that have maybe already been ask.  Have you ever seen the machine work ?? When you first turn the machine on do the reels do their boot up thing stopping #3, #2, #1 in that order ??By the way, when the power is  turned off on a machine and turned back on the reels will spin and always stop on the last game played.

I'm thinking you don't have a 61 error, the last time the machine paid out it paid 61 coins. With the main door open, turn on the machine, if the reels spin and stop on boot up, install the hopper, Good chance you will hear a dong. Now right below the coin comparator is the coin optics board, you should see a very very small button press it a couple of times and here again you should hear a dong. Now with the main door still open press the spin button. I hope the reels spun and played one game.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »

Yes the machine worked very well for 2 years after I bought it. Then the 12 came up. Replaced the battery. I've done everything that has been mentioned to this point . Door is open I turned it on wheels jumped a little bit but did not rotate in any order. Installed hopper no noise. Shut door 61 in the winner paid window. Top 2 lights flashing but bottom one is about 2 times faster then top one. Nothing happens when I push button. Am now turning off till next posting. Thank you
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2013, 01:22:17 AM »

Go back to that power harness from the power supply to the mother board, slid it up and down a few times on the mother board, turn on power and see if the reels spin.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2013, 01:39:27 AM »

Ok I pressed together every connection shoved hopper in and got a ding (or dong) with door open I have in the winner paid window a alternating 3100 and 1... In coin played a zero at the same time as the 1 in winner paid .... The reels did not spin
Shut door nothing. Turned off number changed to 61 wheels still not spinning
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:57:38 AM by riothecat » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2013, 12:01:07 AM »

Not that important but are you missing a fuse in the top fuse location on the back panel over the power supply area?
There needs to be an 8A quick blow fuse in there.

Top fuse=8A
Middle fuse=6A
Bottom fuse=8A.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:19:33 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2013, 12:16:59 AM »

I have a fuse and holder there. The fuse holder is too large for that spot, it hangs behind it. All three fuses are good. Thanks for noticing. It came that way
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.