Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Test button???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test button???  (Read 71411 times)
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2013, 08:33:03 PM »

I will wait for my clear chip and then post back. Thanks for all the help to this point
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »

OK  If you have the 61 flashing in the winner paid window that is exactly what you have, last time machine paid out it paid 61 coins. If you have 61 in the credits window you have a 61 error.  As for as I can see this friggen machine has never had a 61 error in this thread.

We know the power harness from the power supply to mother board is not good. Me I question if the test button is any good or maybe a broken wire from test button to mother board. And now looks like the optics are junk.

Bypass the optics, run a small gauge wire from the Black/red tracer door side to Green  optic wire cabnet side and let us know what happened.  DO NOT DO A CLEAR

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:34 PM »

Does it matter that the 61 is not flashing?
I tested continuity from test switch to motherboard for test button, good.
I close door turn key get a 007 in top to windows with alternating 0 and 1 in bottom window.
Top light flashes and bottom light is flashing twice as fast.
If I turn key and hold and press spin reels 4 or 5 times the reels spin right to left and stop same spot.
And it will as long as I press spin wheels 4 it 5 times.

I feel as though we may have stumbled upon something here.

Thoughts???
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 27

Trent

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2013, 12:08:41 AM »

Actually, the 61 does not flash and is in the winner paid window.  Now that my machine is running, i cannot replicate the 61, but i just checked the manual and the tilt codes are in the winner paid window.  If you have a solid 61 in the winner paid window immediately after a power up cycle and BEFORE touching anything, then you have a 61 BAD CMOS error.

At that point you would hold the test switch until a ding, then should have a 61-1 (which I know is not happening for you).  This will happen before closing the door and before touching the reset key.  If you cannot get to a ding and a 61-1 then closing the door is not going to do you any good and is not an indication that your door optics are bad.

Can you confirm exactly what happens upon power up with the door open?  What you get what and where on the display BEFORE doing anything other than trying your test switch to get the ding and the 61-1?

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »

I turned it on. Before I shut the door I have a 61 in the winner paid window. Top light flashing bottom light flashing 2times faster. Door still open.... Your turn
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »

Ok on the optics the door has a glass shield. The machine side has a glass eye. No flashes from either side with iPad camera. The wires on the door side... Before the clip purple and green after the clip black and pink (red) machine side before clip green and yellow after the clip white and red. None of three  have tracer colors, the purple on the door side could be a purple with black tracer.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2013, 02:20:10 AM »

DON"T cut any wires !!   Unplug the optics plug,  stick one end of your jumper wire into the female end of the plug and replug them tograther.  Do the same thing on the other end. If you need to pretend the door is open or closed, cut the jumper wire, connect it together for door closed disconnect for door open.  Make sure it doesn't touch ground.

OK door side it is Black with Purple. Cabnet side the wire thats Green sometimes it has a different color tracer. 

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2013, 02:25:52 AM »

So put jumper wire on the black with purple on door side and the machine side on he green? And do not touch any metal Hail
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:43:34 AM by riothecat » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2013, 02:40:13 AM »

I don't know how to explane it any other way.  You are only going to use one jumper wire. Connect it to the Black Purple on the door and the Green on the cabnet.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:20 AM »

Ok did that.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2013, 02:51:25 AM »

After that I pulled coin hopper out and pushed in and now have a 3100 in winner paid.  I'll post more tomorrow after 530 eastern time. Thanks o much. I feel we re making progress
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:00:31 AM by riothecat » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2013, 03:00:43 AM »

3100 should clear by opening and closing door. Which now means you must disconnect and reconnect jumper wire.

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2013, 03:05:27 AM »

Did that. At least 61 quarters in it. Still same. I'll check tomorrow for more suggestions. Thanks again
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2013, 03:52:51 AM »

A rundown:

You got a Tilt code of 12.

You replaced the battery and tried the CMOS ground trick that did not work for me either.

You may or may not have had both the new battery and the CMOS chip backwards, but in the end you got a 61.

You got a  replacement board.  I assume you installed your game and reel chips.  I also assume there was a CMOS chip on the new board and you did not pull the old one to use it on the new one.

After ALL of that, and immediately upon power up, you still get a 61 and you get nothing when you push and hold the test switch.  Same thing happening with BOTH boards.  If you don't get a ding and a 61-1 then there is no reason to continue on without finding out why your test switch function is not working.  Without a 61-1 there is no reason to be concerned with the door optics, as you need the 61-1 BEFORE you close the door.

I know you said you tested the test switch.  I assume that means you used a continuity tester and got a buzz when pushing the button??  If you did, then I would trace the wires all the way back to the motherboard.  On my unit the MPU is a simple lift and remove, but from what I understand yours is the older design.  I also have my test switch next to my power switch, so I have no idea what yours looks like, but I do know it is down in the MPU board area, about half way down and in front of it.  I would REALLY be concerned as to why you get no response from this switch.  I would try tracking it all the way back to the connector and try jumping it there while in the 61 state.  Jump it for about 3 seconds to see what you get.  DO NOT TOUCH THE KEY during that time.

The same as you, while in a 12 and even in the 61, by turning the reset key I got all different kinds of displays.....but that was because I was in the stats program due to turning the key to see what would happen.  Somewhere in there I even got a 3100.  I also learned that you do not need to be concerned about the hopper until you get past the 61.  I actually bought a hopper thinking mine was dead...ordered it with my clear chip......did not need it.  My old hopper is fine.

Considering that your machine was fine for 2 years, then you got a 12, then you changed the battery......and what followed that has resulted in a 61 TILT ERROR.....based on my very recent BUT limited experience, I still say your #1 issue right now is to find out why your test button is not working.

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:18 AM »

AnDaLe!... Very nice summations. Everything is correct as you have it except the battery was never in wrong. I have tested the tester switch to the mother board(pulled harness and tested thru the harness). So switch has continuity to the motherboard. I'm sorry this is baffling but in my karmatic life this is typical of problems that I encounter. Thank you very much.
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2013, 04:26:48 AM »

OK, so from the point that the switch connects to the motherboard (the connector), you get an on and off when testing the switch?  You are attaching your probes in the connector and getting an on/off response when you push the test switch?

riothecat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:54 AM »

OK, so from the point that the switch connects to the motherboard (the connector), you get an on and off when testing the switch?  You are attaching your probes in the connector and getting an on/off response when you push the test switch?
Yes I am getting response to multimeter through the harness.
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »

I completely agree with AnDaLe!! The Error 61 TILT code should be addressed FIRST.   ttth
It is entirely possible that the door optics may not even be activated until the Tilt is cleared.  no
Stick with your original plan and wait for the CLEAR chip.  Once you use the Clear chip, then we can proceed as necessary.  yes
Right now your machine is telling you that you have a bad CMOS Eprom, which is normally correctable by the test button.
The test button should re-load the data located in the EEPROM back into the CMOS RAM.  The fact that it is not working MAY indicate corrupted EEPROM data.  Scratch Head
Using the CLEAR chip should reset any corrupted data back to factory defaults.  yes

AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2013, 11:33:01 PM »

Not that we needed this to add to the mystery, but I just picked up an S+ Double Diamond.  Built in 96 with a 10mz MPU mounted in the back, like my existing machine.  The guy was selling it because it did not work.  12 Tilt code.  I told him it was just the battery and offered to change it for him, but he still wanted to sell it.  Got it for $300 with a metal stand and 2-500 count bags of tokens he never used.  No bill acceptor, it had been removed (he got it on ebay).

I changed the battery, powered up, got a 61.  DID NOT GET ANYTHING WHEN HOLDING THE TEST SWITCH.  I know the test switch worked because i used it while still in the 12 state.  Went ahead and closed the door and turned the reset one quick turn.  All went blank for a moment, then reels spinned, then I had an insert coin light.  Dropped coins and got play.  DID NOT GET TO A 61-1.  Only thing I can think is that I got a normal response to a 61 instead of getting caught in the 61-1 loop.

Rio, what happens when from power-up, and then a 61, then closing the door and a quick single turn of the reset key?  What do you get on your displays?  Very important not to turn that key more than one quick time at this point.

CommTech

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2013, 12:03:18 AM »

AnDaLe!, did you notice if the candle was still flashing AFTER you closed the door, but BEFORE you turned the reset key?
I also take it that the 61 TILT code stayed on the display until you turned the reset key?
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2013, 12:30:11 AM »

I should have paid more attention, but I was not expecting anything to happen.  I am pretty sure the 61 was there until I turned the key, but I am not 100%.  This machine came without the candle installed, it was down in the stand.  Guess I better get it attached!

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2013, 01:15:13 AM »

For what it's worth, some of the really old SP chips don't go to 61-1, the game just spins up after you go through the process.  Most SP chips follow the 61, 61-1, cleared pattern, however.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2013, 01:50:40 AM »

Then if that is the case on this machine it would not respond after a 61 when pushing the test button....just like mine did today.  At that point, shut the door, turn the key, and see what happens.  What is the immediate display?

Found some interesting related info in an old post from 2009 that is worth reading.  Talks about a machine doing similar stuff and 3100 and door optics.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4386.0

CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2013, 02:19:07 AM »

Wow...lots of posts on this one....

OldReno

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2013, 02:25:54 AM »

A silly question: Are all of your socketed chips in facing the right way?  You can feel a notch in one end of each of them, and if any one of them is in wrong that will cause problems.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.