Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  CDS Reel Games
| | |-+  Hopper couting 30, rather than 10 and says it is empty.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hopper couting 30, rather than 10 and says it is empty.  (Read 2220 times)
Roninva
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: February 17, 2013, 07:57:54 PM »

I have a CDS game with a nickel hopper in it. I have 2 actually, So I am fortunate enough to be able to swap parts and narrow down the trouble.

Hopper counting 30, rather than 10 and then says it is empty during the test. During game play, I hit CASH OUT and it kicks out 30 coins but doesn't count them down, so it didn't think any came out. It has hundreds of nickles in it, so it is not empty!

The hopper is not counting coins at all. The wires all seem to test that they are connected and not a problem. I am thinking it is the magnetic part that looks like when a coin passes, it lifts up the bar, passing the arm through a counting system. I think it isn't counting but that is the only part I can't swap out. Plus, I have no idea where I could find a substitute. I bought a quarter hopper on ebay and it blew my fuse, so something very different about that one! Plus, its part that might fix mine is different that the magnetic looking one. They used a switch with along arm for the coin to trip.

Anyone have any suggestions?
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:27:24 PM »

Can you post a picture of your hopper?
Seeing a picture and then knowing what type it is should get you the right response.

Jim
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »

Is there a self-test on the machine which will allow you to check the coin-out optics?  I suspect there is.  Maybe a key switch or diagnostics button to get you into input tests. 
Roninva

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:20:35 AM »

Well, here is the picture. I don't think there is a test for this piece. I think the coin in is just for the camparitor? No?

* 2013-02-17_18-08-02_750.jpg (655.1 KB, 2592x1458 - viewed 160 times.)

* 2013-02-17_18-08-15_388.jpg (513.89 KB, 2592x1458 - viewed 160 times.)
Roninva

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »

I need additional help now, maybe a new topic! When I put the new hopper in, it blew a fuse. I replaced the fuse, game came back up, but the red credit display isn't coming on at all and the game isn't starting. Where is there another fuse? There are 3 across the front, under the reels and I see one behind the reels, it tested good. I swapped all 3 in the front out with the other CDS game that is the same and it didn't fix it.

Any ideas?
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »

Make sure you have a Nickel wheel inside the hopper and not a quarter or something else...You can tell by placing a nickel on the wheel and the nickel should just reach the height of the  hopper...If if does not, then you have the wrong hopper coin wheel and the arm that the coin slides under to count coins is not going the raise high enough to break the optics and count the coin...If you place a quarter on the wheel and it fits correctly, you can try putting in a couple of quarters and if you have credits, cash out and see if it counts correctly...If it does you have a quarter wheel and not a nickel...Hope that makes sense...
Jimmy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.