Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 01:07:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Narrow Slot Machines
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Narrow Slot Machines  (Read 2786 times)
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« on: February 19, 2013, 02:19:29 AM »

Universal made narrow slots for places like cruise ships, etc. A little bit different than a regular size Uni they have a power supply mounted under the reels. The door includes belly, reel, and top glass. The meters are in the top box and the sound amp is in the power supply. The power supply has circuit breakers instead of fuses and the rectifier panel is more modern (for the era) then the regular power supplies. Never had the chance to work on one, until today.

This weekend I stopped at NLG headquarters and Joey had a narrow Uni he took on trade. The machine wouldn't fire up so I took it home today to see what I could do. (That was after convincing the Mrs. that it would fit in the back seat of her car and not rip the seats!)
The MPU checked out ok even though someone put a lithium battery in it. Uni's use NiCad, hope the lithium doesn't blow up!!  Help     Don't think it will be a problem.
Power supply was the problem. It still had the noise filter in it, but it is a different model than the one found in the regular power supplies. It checked out ok so I left it in. The problem was no 5vdc. Now I do not repair electronic circuits so I needed to find a new rectifier panel for this power supply. Just so happens about a year ago Buzz gave me an Aussie Uni with a rats nest in it!  knockout But I took it home anyways just to get a look at how it was built. Threw the machine away except the mpu and power supply. Turns out that power supply had the same rectifer panel. Swapped it out and the machine is now alive!
Added a thumblock to open the door as the barrel lock was picked and no key, changed some bulbs and it's good to go.

Joey, tell Georgia that it looks good in my slot room!!  Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out              Oh, ok I'll bring it back.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:34:53 AM »

Jeez Uniman,  you work quick. You were just loading that when i was at the shop at what? 10:00 this morning? You're setting a bad precedent for other repair shops on time schedules  bust gut laughing
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:51:12 AM »

I was lucky to have a part for it. Almost threw out that Aussie power supply last month thinking what would I do with it?

* narrowUni.jpg (635.71 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 274 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.