Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  please help! Bally 1090 will not pay out!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: please help! Bally 1090 will not pay out!  (Read 2667 times)
rack44
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 19, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »

I installed the hopper relay and cycled the machine until it paid out and it short paid five coins. then tried again and it would not pay when it lined up and tried again and it paid out two instead of ten. next time no payout and then just one coin. then none again and the hopper relay checks fine. i have a manual and have read and checked many items like the reel line ups and the and the zero open at close on the payout counter unit. i advanced the payout counter unit nine steps and it was one step short of coming off the 10 payout so i moved the circuit board to adjust for that and still no payout. it looks as though the payout unit outside finger lines up at the two payout segment when reset to zero? and then i put power to the hopper motor and it spits out coins very well. seems that the machine is not sending a signal to the setup counter for a payout when lined up by the reels? the coils fot the payout counter check ok but how do i check to see if this unit advances to payout when the reels line up? the unit at the top of the machine advances each time a coin is inserted also. but the two reels next to that seem to do nothing even when a payout lines up? any help or suggestions would help!!
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »

Clean the wiper fingers on your top unit odds disc.  Make sure they make good snappy contact when you lift them and release.
I presume it is a 3 coin machine?  If so check the pays with 1 coin in, 2 coins, and 3.
After each payout, pull the hopper and look at where your payout fingers end up.
After you pull the handle and get a no-pay, check to see that your payboard fingers are back to Zero.  It sounds like you have a payboard reset problem, and you might be able to tell by noting if the winner paid light goes out after you play off the pay. (or not...)
That should get you started.
You might want to check out my 5 part series on 'how to fix/check your new machine', which is unfortunately scattered around on the E/M board here.  Wish I knew how to group them all together and have them in one place for easier reference, but I don't....
rack44

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »

Thank you for the reply! cleaned the contacts and realigned the payout unit! now it pays out the corrrect amounts! the middle reel however does not line up correctly and it will pay when it is nor lined up with the first and third reel! not sure if someone got in there and messed with this machine before me! how do you verify the reels are lined up correctly for the correct payout amounts?
OldReno

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »

Read the 5 part series on how to fix/check your new machine, one of them tells you how to check your reel board alignment.  They're scattered throughout the E/M section here, sorry about that, but I don't know how to group them for easy access.  There's lots of good posts, mine mostly start out with 'how to...', but others have put up some excellent stuff that will help you.
Glad you got it partly fixed....
Fun, huh?
Post some pics.
rack44

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »

after doing some more checks the one coin seems to pay out ok, but when two or three coins are used it pays out incorrectly and around 76 coins it trips out and shuts the machine down. manually set it to pay and it does not seem that the payout unit is advancing to any payout amount? but it still pays out! the fingers on the reels seem to line up ok. but it does not advance to any payout segments.
OldReno

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »

Sounds like a runaway.
When you play 2 coins, your X2 unit in the top is supposed to advance.
On 3 coins, the X3 unit turns.
Drop the top unit (or wherever they are) and see if they are working during payouts.
I believe they are selected by the odds disc, so check your fingers on there for good snappy contact.
they make the hopper step when you play 2 or 3 coins.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.