Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:53:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  IGT DOOR SENSORS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT DOOR SENSORS  (Read 9983 times)
NZRick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:53 AM »

G'Day Mates

in a nut shell I am fed up trying to repair optic door sensors. I have three IGT Imperial machines including a Joker's Wild and now they all have broken or inoperable door sensors. All are the receiver variety. The leads are so frail and brittle no matter how careful you are they become detached with the slightest movements> i have attempted to re solder the broken leads back on but no success after many frustrating hours.

My question is does anyone know where to get new optic sensors themselves so they can be soldered onto the existing leads and plug or does the entire unit need replaced and if so where can they be obtained? I know there is a way to bypass the sensors but not sure how and I am no maven when it comes to electronics.

Many thanks and much gratitude for any possible assistance.

Wishing you all abundant blessings.

Cheers

NZ Rick

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:51:56 PM »

I'm not familiar with the Imperial machines.  Can you post a picture of the optics (both the sending and receiving optics) so we can see if they're the same as the standard IGT S+/PE+ optics, in which case you should be able to find some replacements fairly easily...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
NZRick

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 12:12:54 AM »

Knagl sir

Many deep thanks for your help they are as the pic below. I have seen them om Ebay but WAY too costly and some wont ship to New Zealand and the fees can be quite stiff.

I am very grateful again

Be well mate

Rick

* IGT sensors.JPG (19.45 KB, 800x600 - viewed 980 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »

I was under the impression there was a fairly simple bypass option for those as there is for the S2000 machines. Knagl would know what it is or you can try a search under "bypassing s+ door optics", might be the same as the S2000 bypass for all I know
jamesnore81
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »

in electronics stores should get, the issuer is an infrared LED and receiver is a receiver for infrared light, for checking I use the camera phone and also see if the infrared light emitting diode works well.
NZRick

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:10:03 AM »

Greetings Jame

And many thanks for your information on the infrared devices. I am not sure exactly how they would serve as replacements for the door optics or exactly what you mean by using your cell phone.I have searched online for days trying to locate the standard SD5401-3 receiver optics and the closest I could find was a number SD5401 which is not at all the same item these are dual inline package ICs.

Would you happen to have any further info on the infrareds you used such as type or part number as there seems to be hundreds of different types? They do not seem to be repairable after the leads snap off.

Thanks for all

Be well good sir

Rick
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:40 AM »

Rick-

Try posting in the classifieds section with that same picture you've posted here. I'm pretty sure those are the same optics used on an IGT S+ or PE+ and I'm sure that one of the vendors here will have some for sale.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
NZRick

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37:52 AM »

knagl

Thank you so much for your advice I will give that a try. I have discovered several manufacturers online such as Vishay who make many different kinds of like sensors but cannot find any bearing the part number printed on the optic itself. May also try to give them a quick call but likely they only work with dealers and may only accept a minimum order even if they should have the right item.

The problem with buying the older original ones at sights such as Ebay is they are the same age and their leads become dry and brittle and snap off easily.

Will go ahead and post the pic as you suggested.

Thanks for all mate

Rick
jamesnore81
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »

I will try to be as specific as possible, but do not speak English.

The door sensor is an infrared light emitting diode.
chassis sensor is a phototransistor....

specifications of each, I have not.
the concept of door sensor function is this:

http://notitronicampana.blogspot.com/2011/05/emisor-y-receptor-con-un-infrarrojo.html

must be taken into account that the voltage of the poker is AC.
but if you really want to simplify the sensor, you can use one of these:

http://www.opergame.com/productos/micro-puerta

in desperate times, I used door switch or when installing poker games fortune III (pk1031) in a poker fortune IV.

Annex plane door sensors, I hope you find a solution to your problem.

* door sensor igt.jpg (269.58 KB, 1753x1275 - viewed 1535 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 01:51:13 AM »

Hey S 2000, Game King and I Game all use the same optics as the ones you have which means  that all for sale don't have to be old.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Dani

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 04:58:28 PM »

You can check if the IR LED is working with a telephone camera. Just watch the IR LED through camera. You are able to see infrareds Smiley.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.