Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:39:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Arcade Games **Video**
| | |-+  Arcade machine question(s)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arcade machine question(s)  (Read 2335 times)
buzzarama
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 44

« on: February 28, 2013, 02:15:00 AM »

Hello All,
I have a friend that just showed me a arcade machine that he is wanting to sell, It would be my first one, I am pretty good at repairing slots so I figured I might want to take on this challenge. It is pretty rough and hasn't been turned on since 1997. Last permitted in Jasper AL. in 1993. I looked for a couple hours and could not find the same style of cabinet on the net.  The game is Bally Midway Ms Pacman and I seen in the coin tray it had a Atari manual from 1981 but the picture on it didn't look like the same machine. There was a manual for the CRT with schematics but there was no light in this shop and the machine was completely covered in a thick layer of dust so pics didn't happen. The problem is he wouldn't let me clean it off unless I buy it, he said its a mystery buy (trying to make it intriguing to me I guess.
what is a good buy on a mystery buy arcade machine? He is wanting 200 and I have no problem paying it but I was wanting to know what do some of you all pay for rough carport kept machines that ha vent seen life in 16 years?

It doesn't have sides that go all the way down, kinda has a pedestal. The button panel area slides out like a drawer to get to the electronics, the plex is at top only with a clear plex cover all the way down. the button deck is red or maroon with 1 joystick, 2 white buttons (1 player and 2 player) It has a CCI coin comparator(s) in it and the sides are black, no graphics any where but top plex. It has a chrome or stainless panel under the plex with 2 speaker grilles in it.  The monitor is obviously a CRT buy looks bigger than the arcade machines I have seen.

I know this is no real way to figure out what it is but I was hoping that it may seem familiar to someone. I want to buy it just to see it dusted, Just wanting to see some thoughts.

Any help would be awesome.

Thank you,
David
machfelon
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:34 AM »

I wouldnt bother with it.

Try klov.com for specifics.  Ms Pacmans should be blue and have painted sides.  They are a ton of them out there.  And unless its an original machine its basically worthless.

The only ms pacs with a larger monitor would be the newer Namco Mspac/Galaga combos.

Also ms pacs have issues all the time.  Unless the game is fired up and running your gonna have yourself a money pit.  New boards, ps etc.
buzzarama
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 44

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:07:20 AM »

Thank you for the information. After thinking more about it, It did kinda look like it was a generic cabinet (maybe used for game changes since there were no specific graphics other than the top plex and also the button deck and screen cover was generic) no game icon legend or instructions etc.

David

PS, KLOV.com is a pretty cool site, thanks.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:24 AM »

Yeah I would say boat anchor on that one since there is no way to know and it sounds home built.   CaptainHappy Worried  I would try and look for a multigame that plays all the favorites.  Here is a site that has all the parts if you do decide fix one up.  http://www.jammaboards.com/store/.  This site has a everything you need kit for $110.  This is the 60/1 jamma board that I am using.  Cheapest price I have seen. http://www.jammaparts.net/combo-kits/38-60-in-1-icade-deluxe-combo-kit.html  Building a Jamma system in an original, nice cabinet is the way I would go.  They also have aftermarket cabinets that are reproductions of the original.  You can put this kit in those and then add all the stickers, bezels, etc.  Then you basically have a whole new machine.  Have fun!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.