Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Help with IGT Player's Edge (non-plus) poker machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with IGT Player's Edge (non-plus) poker machine  (Read 4507 times)
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« on: March 04, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »

Hi,
Just bought this IGT poker machine Saturday. I thought that it was a Players Edge machine, but am now thinking otherwise. I suspect, that someone put a Players Edge top glass in a Fortune II machine, or it must be a very early Players Edge model. The game plays fine with one exception. I am missing some of the sound. There is the normal sound when inserting coins, but when the hand/s are dealt out, there is no click, click, click, click, click sound. This machine also has the Double Up Feature and when using that feature some sound is missing there also. I have added some pictures so that you can set me straight on just what kind of animal I have here. This is a Jacks or Better with Double Up. Someone has removed the tags on the chips so I'm not sure what I have there either. There is a Manila tag tied to the board that says program PK873 but I don't know that for sure. I was able to get the checksum readings on the following:
U58 GMO checksum 00233300
U52 MRO checksum 0074AB8E
U53 MGO checksum 00712BFB
U54 MBO checksum 006A19AF
U55 MXO checksum 0060A4BD
U37 CAP 435
If anyone has a complete set of chips for THIS board, and it is Jacks or Better with Doube Up, I would be interested.
I also would be interested in a complete set of chips for Jacks or Better and Double Up for a Players Edge +.
Thanks,
Jerry

* IGT.jpg (326.76 KB, 1275x1275 - viewed 482 times.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:27:40 PM by ucanwin » Logged
ucanwin

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »

Hi,
Just bought this IGT poker machine Saturday. I thought that it was a Players Edge machine, but am now thinking otherwise. I suspect, that someone put a Players Edge top glass in a Fortune II machine. The game plays fine with one exception. I am missing some of the sound. There is the normal sound when inserting coins, but when the hand/s are dealt out, there is no click, click, click, click, click sound. This machine also has the Double Up Feature and when using that feature some sound is missing there also. I have added some pictures so that you can set me straight on just what kind of animal I have here. This is a Jacks or Better with Double Up. Someone has removed the tags on the chips so I'm not sure what I have there either. There is a Manila tag tied to the board that says program PK873 but I don't know that for sure. I was able to get the checksum readings on the following:
U58 GMO checksum 00233300
U52 MRO checksum 0074AB8E
U53 MGO checksum 00712BFB
U54 MBO checksum 006A19AF
U55 MXO checksum 0060A4BD
U37 CAP 435
If anyone has a replacement chip set for Jacks or Better for this machine, I would be interested.
Thanks,
Jerry

* IGT.jpg (326.76 KB, 1275x1275 - viewed 505 times.)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:58:03 PM »

You have a Players Edge (Not PE+) the MPU being plugged in with harnesses instead of a motherboard is the identifier, the Fortune II had buttons beside the monitor on right side and boards were above the monitor, the PE was same era as S Slot 1987-88 or so

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
ucanwin

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:02 PM »

Thank you, for that information. I should have known that, as I had a Fortune II years ago.
Any thoughts on the sound issue?
Would you by chance have the chip set that I am looking for?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:24:48 PM by ucanwin » Logged
suncatalyst
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 03:00:31 AM »

I have exactly the same machine except mines a Quarter machine...

mine has the click click click as it lays down the cards...

when i get to storage next , i can pull my mpu board out of mine and read the eproms if you still need the info...

let me know.

ucanwin

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46:56 AM »

Hi,
Thank you for taking time to reply to my posting. I sold the machine to a friend without that click-click-click sound. From what I have been told, it is the sound chip, and that is a chip that is not a plug in chip. It would have to be re-socketed.
Best regards,
Jerry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.