Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help needed from any "S" machine guru.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help needed from any "S" machine guru.  (Read 11319 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

We know he has a hopper runaway. I don't believe he has a stock of parts to swap with either. If he did, he probably would have done that already.

Ok that answers my earlier post.
Have you checked the hopper plug to make sure no pins are either bent or pushed back?
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 87

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »

All the pins appear to be in good shape
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »

since this just started without you doing anything, here are a few things to try:  just to give you an understanding of how the system works:  when the program is told to start a payout, the cpu will send a signal to the SSR (solid state relay), the relay will turn on when receiving this signal, when the relay is energized it puts 115vac to the other side of the motor, the other side is always connected to the neutral side of the 115vac, so when the relay is energized 115vac to the hopper motor and it turns on. 

on older models the SSR is red, it is usually directly to the right of the big transformer  and in front of the power in connector. it should have 5 connectors going to it, two from the mpu board, a chassis ground and one that would go back to a 115vac bus bar, and the other would go directly to the hopper connector.

check to see if a coin or something might have shorted across the 115vac out connections, if not , un hook one of the 115vac connections, this should stop the motor from running!, the SSR has been known to go bad, the SSR on your S+ is one in the same, it is mounted on the left side of the hopper brackett and is black in color, you could interchange them if you suspect the SSR, just write down the wire colors and post numbers on both devices. CAUTION, always connect and unplug connectors with the power off, when you finish connecting on unplugging then re apply power and see the result of what you are trying to accomplish. 

if pulling the 115vac connector stops the motor, reconnect it and un plug the two that come from the mpu, if the motor stops then you could suspect the mpu.

Hoe this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »

Thanks Jim.

I will give your ideas a try, But first I have to go and remove some snow.
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »

I disconnected the 115 v and the motor stopped. I then disconnected the mpu and the motor stopped.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.