Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5500 coin comparitor problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5500 coin comparitor problems  (Read 6609 times)
beauimpala
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »

So I got this Bally 5500 running after I replaced the power supply and now I have discovered a new problem.  The dollar bill acceptor only takes 1's for now.  Probably would take and old 5 or 10 if I could even find one.  Anyways the problem is that it won't accept any coins.  I'm newb on these but not totaly dumb on how they operate.  The comparitor model is cc-16.  The green LED does not ever light up on it wether I have the door switch pulled out or not.  The board underneath has a yellow led on it, and it will blink if I run a coin through it, but won't ever credit up.  If I push the button on the board it won't credit it up either.  If I hold a coin in the optics I get a coin in jam so it seems the board is working?  Any help or ideas on how to get it to accept coins would be great.
Thanks,
Beau
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:30 AM »

Start out by making sure the toggle switch on the front of the board is UP.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
beauimpala

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:33 AM »

I should have mentioned..............YES.  The switch is up.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »

Been a long time since I worked on a Bally 5500. As I recall on the coin optic board ( Amber light ) there is a very very small white button. Press this button a couple of time and with the main door still open press the spin button. The machine should play one game.  If it does look on the back side of the comparitor and block the rake open, reinstall and see if a coin will be counted.

beauimpala

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:45:37 AM »

Tried that with the door open.  It acts the same as when you push the pseudo coin button on the mpu.  Gives you a free credit to try it out and allows you to spin.  I blocked the comparitor like you said and still can't get nothing.  I'm leaning towards the comparitor being no good?  Unfortunately I do not have on to swap it out with.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 03:09:42 AM »

No  If you have the rake blocked open and the coins are going to the hopper you don't even need the comparitor it working like a coin chute. This is true on a IGT S+ and a Bally 5500.

I'm guessing if the coins are going to the hopper and the small button on the optic board gives you a free spin the problem may be the encoder in the coin optic is for a Dollar.

PM me your phone number and I'll call you.

beauimpala

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:33:56 AM »

The encoder is shimmed for a quarter.  Took it apart and somebody had shimmed it tight enough so just a quarter size fits through there.  The quarter deffinately passes by the optics.  I put it into test at 3d and ran a quarter through.  Immediately when it goes throught the encoder it throws and error message for coin error signal (0A is the error).  So I tried another test.  With the door open again I can push the white button on the encoder to credit it up as a pseudo coin and spin the reels.  When I put a quarter in after trying this it throws the error #22 (invalid coin).  I'm obviously doing something stupid here.  I have no idea if the encoder is the problem here.  I have 3 encoders and all 3 do the exact same thing.  I checked voltage going to the comparitor just for fun and there is 24 volts there.  Where to go from here???
beauimpala

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 03:34:03 AM »

Anybody?  Should I buy another coin optics and comparitor and where do you get one from?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:25:16 AM by beauimpala » Logged
beauimpala

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 01:06:03 AM »

Bump for some help?
beauimpala

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »

Put another comparitor in it along with another coin optics board.  Still nothing.  The comparitor never lights up and neither one of my comparitors seem to function.  Only way I can get a coin to get to the coin optics board is to block the rake on the comparitor.  From what I've been told the comparitor doesn't need power.............If you block the rake and get a coin to the optics it should work.  Anybody
beauimpala

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 01:05:13 AM »

FIXED!   Checked the wiring harness and compared to what others had said before.  The Comparitor does have to be there and it does have to be on to have these games credit up.  They will NOT work by simply just blocking the rake.  POWER has to be at the comparitor and lit for it to credit up.  Anyways my problem was with the wiring harness.  The harness was not stock.  The wires had the main 24 volt power going to pin #6.  I read on here 24 volt power must go to pin #4.  Voila.......it works.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.