Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Double Diamond Slant top HELP!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Double Diamond Slant top HELP!!  (Read 6361 times)
evilfud
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 27, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »

Hello everyone. So i picked up this IGT Slant top double diamond of Craigslist, The lady told me she had someone look at it and it just needed fuses. Well i was exhausted literally not slept in 2 days when i got it. And when i got it home the next day i started looking at it and could tell it was needing a lot more than fuses. The Bill validator  and cash can were gone so was the display board for credits etc. it was missing a fuse and a fuse cap. And im not really sure what else could be gone. I bought a display board and fuse and fuse caps and the eye sensors. but it does not seem to be changing anything. The machine powers on and the reels move like they got power but dont spin when closing the top or hitting test or anything. It doesnt look like the lights for 25cents left and right are working either which makes me think the power box on the top that the wires feed into from those lights and the display board is not getting power. you can see in my pics there are a few things not connected. I am guessing this is an S+ machine? I would love to get yalls help so my wife and i can enjoy the machine.

evilfud

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »

Anyone ? Please? i posted pics and all lol.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:06:14 PM »

Hi !!
Sorry for the delay here! I hope others will step in but I'll try first. You have an S plus. If remove the front door...be careful! It will just drop off and break your toes! EDIT: looks like you got that door off okay!
For starters, I'd power off the machine and check each and every connector and make sure the pins look clean and none are bent. Check all wiring, the hopper (pull it out and look at both connectors), the MPU...look carefully at the little pins! Check behind areas with a mirror if you need to and look for any loose coins that may be stuck in there. Are there any error codes when you power it on? Also, with power off, pull out the MPU and check the battery voltage...make sure it's not dead and has leaked all over the circuit board. Did you get a replacement cash can? It should boot up though without the can, I think. Hope this gets you started in the right direction.
ADDED: Is there any evidence of WATER in this machine? It looks sort of corroded...I hope it's not a Katrina machine. I see the words "Cripple Creek" and it's reminding me of a song...something about "sprang a leak..."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:15:33 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
evilfud

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »

Thanks Short. No there are no errors because the display board to see them isnt getting power i think. I know how to get the door off and ya it did about break my toes lol. I pulled the MPU? Motherboard and ya some of the pins were bent i straightened them out and retried. I dont know what you mean by check behind areas. I have not pulled the hopper out as im not quite sure how it comes out the coin thing is in the way but i will mess with that and see if i can get it out and check connections. I am pretty sure the power is not going through the box at top i posted the pic of with text.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »

You've got a question mark after MPU. Not sure if that means you did or did not pull it. It's the board in the big metal pan..it's on the left and should pull straight out but you may have to give it a firm tug. Check the battery! I think the voltage is something like 3.6vdc ... it IS 3.6.
You may need to give it a firm shove back in too.
BEHIND the MPU board is the motherboard it plugs into. That board will pop off but you may be able to shove a mirror above it and peek behind that board just to check for any debris or coins that might be wedged back there. I've had this happen on a regular upright but not how easy it is on a slant top.
evilfud

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »

Ok ya i wasnt sure if that was what you called the MPU. Ok will do that now.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »

I'm adding some stuff to my previous post, before your last reply...so refresh and check. Smiley
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »

Why did you replace the door optics (eye sensors)? How did you determine they were bad?

If the machine doesn't know the door is closed, it will not light up the display....my $$$ is on the optics not being aligned properly.

evilfud

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »

No on the evidence of water at least to me. I had no reason to replace the optics just did lol. Im currently having a problem getting the bottom door off again. Im pulling the lever up but its not releasing and im pushing in on the door. Just looked up cripple creek it seems it came from Colorado
evilfud

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »

I am getting 3.57 volts from the battery so i guess its good. (Got the door off lol) Pulling the hopper now.
evilfud

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »

Ok pulled the hopper connections seem ok there. Pulled a couple of the power plugs back there and the biggest one had 1 pin that seemed corroded where the others did not but it didnt seem bad enough to cause any real problem with a connection.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »

Did you clean the corroded pins...both the male and female part? Have you powered back on to see what happens? I think CV Slots has a good point...may need to start checking optics and alignment.
evilfud

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »

Im not sure how to check the optics and alignment. Like i said i replaced them and it dont seem like they could be too far off. I dont know why you guys dont seem to think the thing im talking about not having power could be the problem. I guess i can take my multimeter to it and find out for sure but to me it seems to be the problem.
evilfud

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »

Even if the optics werent aligned wouldnt the little white button on the coin comparitor work or the test button?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »

Let me see if I can help a littlebit then I gotta go do something.  Your third picture down, the Green White and Black wires next to the power cord are for the top light behind the glass. To open the top glass reach in just above the reels, center on the top glass and you will feel a round knob, while pushing in on the glass frame pull the knob down and the glass will open up.

OK we are going to call the board that the MPU plugs into the Mother Board. 9 times out of 10 the power harness ( 6 to 8 inches long ) going from the power supply to the mother board is bad.  Yours will be the I think second one down from the top, it is a 6 pin white plug and if you take a close the third pin down will be brown from heat.  Wiggle that plug around and you may get it to make contact with the mother board. I'm going to attach a picture of a mother board that this harness has been mod. Sorry I don't have a mother board that I haven't already soldered the harness to it. But it will give you the idea of what your lookinf for.

Oh you have backlit reel strips.  Backlit on a S+ is like tits on a male, of absolutely no usefull perpose at all.  ( The devil made me say that )

I see you posted while I was typing and thinking ( both at the same time is a chore )  White button on the coin optics will not do anything if the power harness isn't making contact with mother board.

* 001.JPG (439.31 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 372 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
evilfud

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »

Here is my board. i tried wiggling the power connector at the board but it didnt do anything. The wires loose at the bottom are not my top back light its lit up.

This photo shows the one corroded pin in the molex type connector.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.