Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000+ will not accept coins.. Comparator?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000+ will not accept coins.. Comparator?  (Read 2012 times)
aballworth
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »

Bally 500+ Fire and Ice. The power supply was dead so I replaced with a different supply. The machine powers up fine and works when I hold the rake out on the comparator, it will accept coins and makes coin in sound.  The "Insert Coin" light does not come on. The reels will spin and hopper pays out like it is working just cannot get the comparator to accept coins. When I power it up, The rake does engage for a second then drops out, so I believe it is working. Also will throw an error if I insert more than two coins or try to insert coin backwards as if I was stringing it. Does anyone have any advice? Also, Could someone explain door optics on this machine? Is it just the switch at the bottom or is there something else?

retroelectro

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »

I had the same. Reason is that CPU keeps the inhibit signal to comparator high (and the light off). Funny thing is that if you manage to fool comparator somehow, CPU still accepts the coins.. RAM clear fixed it for me though.

According to docs there's cam switch on the door and hinge switch at the bottom. However in my model there's no cam switch at all, just wires going to the hinge switch which is handling both signals.

Bally 5000+ Fruit Loot 1991
Sega Turbo Outrun 1989
Sega Outrun 1986
aballworth

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:29:48 PM »

Ok thank you.. Just curious which ram clear you had to use? I cannot get it to work.
retroelectro

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »

My game is from 1991 so none of the methods worked for me either. After changing main ROMs to older ones, I can clear the RAM with the method where you short pins on the door distribution board.

Bally 5000+ Fruit Loot 1991
Sega Turbo Outrun 1989
Sega Outrun 1986
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.