Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Strange buzz at coin slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strange buzz at coin slot  (Read 5098 times)
Phantsm
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: April 08, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »

I just purchased my first S+ Double Red White and Blue slot machine. The slot works great except for a buzz that's in the area of the coin comparitor. It doesn't happen all the time and shuts off when I open the door. While playing I'll add a coin or two and there are no issues. After the reels stop and it's ready for more coins, it will sometimes buzz. As soon as I feed it another coin, the buzz stops. Do I need to replace the coin comparitor or clean it?

Thanks in advance! Silly Me!
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:58:18 AM »

When you open the door the comparitor coil disengages and the rake blocks anymore coins. So, it sounds like your buzz might be the comparitor coil.
Do not think any cleaning would help.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:06:15 AM »

There are two gray wires that run from the top of the CC to the rake coil.
Unplug those from the top of the CC and re-plug them.
Sometimes the oxidization of the contact points within the 2-pin Molex will cause a poor connection.
Un-plugging and re-plugging that Molex housing to the male pins will sometimes "clean" the contact points a little bit.

It's also possible to bend the arm of the rake slightly to cause the coil to attract the rake's arm better to stop the rattling.

If neither of these work, then bend back the rake's arm to clear the rake from blocking coins until you get a replacement coil or CC altogether?
Mind you, the CC will accept any coin that fits into the CC for now until you get a new one.

Another source of the buzzing sound is also the coil for the coin divertor gate located under the CC.
The black diode chip attached to the two wires to the coil is the usual culprit.
Also, it doesn't hurt to check the body of the coil to see if it has a "burnt" color and /or the body of the coil is cracked.
They are like pinball coils...only smaller in size.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:11:17 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Phantsm

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »

My comparitor is buzzing so I believe it's going to fail in the near future. I've been reviewing replacement parts and can't figure out which voltage I need since it's not printed on the old comparitor. Does the voltage matter and what would be the correct to use in the replacement? I have attached a picture of the unit in my machine.

Thanks

IGT S+ Red White Blue Double

* 20130408_061123r.jpg (81.77 KB, 382x510 - viewed 258 times.)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:49:58 PM »

from what i see you have a 24 volt  bally   you should have 13 volt igt   grey wires are 24 volt  , but i could be wrong Silly Me!
Phantsm

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »

Could that be why it's buzzing when waiting for a credit? It works without any problems except for the buzzing every so often.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »

I think the 13 or 24 volts only works  coil on back
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »

you have the right coin comp.   

gray wires = 24vac

green wires= 13vdc

buzzing caused by bad cap inside the cc-16.  should have at least 19vdc to operate the coil on the back.   less voltage causing the coil to chatter.   replace C-1  and it should fix your problem.   

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »

so  s+ is 24 volts?
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »

The answer is yes and here is a link to a topic on this; http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9636.0

Jim, thanks for the C1 cap causing the buzz. Learned something new today!
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »

just to toss this in your not picking up a buzzing noise from the ballast of a flourcent light on the reel glass ???
try removing the bulb and starter --see if it still buzzes ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »

These two topics should be merged; http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=23620.msg185085#msg185085

Same person, same issue.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 03:34:43 AM »

Done, thanks for the heads-up.

Phantsm, in the future please just start one thread for your issue -- pick one category in which you think your question best fits -- a moderator will be happy to move it for you if it belongs somewhere else.  Thanks, and good luck with the issue with your machine!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.