Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Coinless to coin...hopper issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coinless to coin...hopper issue  (Read 4045 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: April 09, 2013, 02:30:34 AM »

I've done this before, once but I'm having trouble doing it again. I'm converting my s2000 from coinless to coin. It will take quarters now but won't pay out except by ticket.  I've done literally everything listed in the HUGE thread that's here on NLG for converting coinless to coin. (hopper settings, etc...) I must be missing something.  Scratch Head
I also swapped out my new hopper with my known working hopper and there was no change. It's as if the machine just isn't recognizing the hopper.
Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:57:41 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »

Under machine options set hopper limit, then you can either enable split pay, or player cashout menu, or do a key 17/45 and disable your printer if you don't want to use it at all. If you are going to do split pay, or use the cashout menu, you have to enable it and then set the coin limit, and you have to clear all your credits first.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »

Tried all that before... credits were cleared as well.  

Help Help Help
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:34:59 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:13:54 AM »

Well then if you have actually done a key chip and disabled the printer and the printer is still working (wich would be very strange) then I would do a key 97/224 that will clear everything and bring you back to default as long as you don't enable the printer wich you would have to do with a key chip it will automaticly go to hopper as your cash out device. But then it will also default your denom game % and you will have to select machine type and accounting denom. so just to be clear what exactly are your settings as far as machine options limits hopper limit (1000) split pay enabled coin limit (under the split pay $250) would be how I would set a machine.         
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:20:16 AM »

Did you also disable coinless mode in the key chip menu.
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 12:35:02 AM »

Thats true didn't think of that one I always do a ram clear when I get a machine to take it out of coinless mode and enhanced mode.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 02:26:39 AM »

I didn't think a clear would automatically disable coinless mode, but I use coins on all mine so I would have reason to notice
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

applause  Thanks! I had PM'd CV slots and got the same answer and it was my split pay settings...the hopper came to life!  applause

BUT...now I've got a new problem. Instead of spitting coins out, it's just "whirring" them back to the bottom. I tried adjusting the knife and the coins just go under it and drop back in the hopper bin.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »

Good to hear it came to life, not so good that its throwing the coins in the bottom. I don't know anything about hoppers, so we'll have to see if someone can help. If not, I can ask Darrell when he comes home.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

sounds as if the motor wiring is a$$ backwards,  thats a dc motor, if you reverse the polarity the motor will turn the pin wheel clockwise and give you the results you are experiencing.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »

Thanks everyone...
It was turning in the proper direction but the coins were sliding UNDER the knife and back into the hopper. I just loosened the knife and manually turned the pinwheel until I could see where to position it...then tightened it...WORKS! Happy to now have another REAL slot machine that now pays out quarters instead of that sissy paper stuff!  rotflmao
Hope I don't get more negative Karma saying that last bit!  hide4
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 11:56:23 PM »

LOL, I'll say it, sissy paper stuff bust gut laughing They're called slot machines because they're supposed to use coins. They haven't changed the name to slip machines yet as far as I know...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:15 AM »

glad you found out how to get it going STS 'cause I didn't know how!!  bust gut laughing

(jk I would have reenacted your scenario just for kicks and figure it out! lol)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.