Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  My machine won't accept coins anymore?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My machine won't accept coins anymore?  (Read 6540 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: April 09, 2013, 04:47:15 AM »

Have not played my S+ machine in awhile so I went to play it this evening and it wont accept coins, they are dropping straight to the coin tray and not registering. I know the comparator is good because I tested it in a Bally machine that I have. I can press the test button just below the comparator and it credits up and lets me spin the reels, so at least that part is working. I checked with a set chip and it is enabled for .25. Seems as if the harness going to the comparator is not providing power to actuate the brake. Any idea as to what else I can look for?

Thanks,

David
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »

Have not played my S+ machine in awhile so I went to play it this evening and it wont accept coins, they are dropping straight to the coin tray and not registering. I know the comparator is good because I tested it in a Bally machine that I have. I can press the test button just below the comparator and it credits up and lets me spin the reels, so at least that part is working. I checked with a set chip and it is enabled for .25. Seems as if the harness going to the comparator is not providing power to actuate the brake. Any idea as to what else I can look for?

Thanks,

David

odd ?? many IGT COIN COMP are not compatible with Bally machines . but in any case it sounds just like a loose wire /connection going to coin  comparitor ..

Did  you try adding credits from the COIN OPTICS BOARD BUTTON --?? machine on and door open
its the little tiny black button on the coin optics board -- just below the comparitor --add  1-3 credits depending on what type of machine you have 2-coin 3 -coin etc .  then hit spin & see if machine works ok .

if it does try a another coin comparitor  for the IGT S-PLUS .  see if problem is cured .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »

Well if the comparator is not compatible with a Bally, possibly I am using the wrong type, I do remember testing some coin mechs awhile back and I could have left the wrong type in my S+ machine. As far as the coin optics test button, yes it will credit up from that and allow me to spin the reels with the door open.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »

Well if the comparator is not compatible with a Bally, possibly I am using the wrong type, I do remember testing some coin mechs awhile back and I could have left the wrong type in my S+ machine. As far as the coin optics test button, yes it will credit up from that and allow me to spin the reels with the door open.
FOR THE IGT S-PLUS IT SHOULD BE A CC-16-D MADE BY COIN MECHANISMS NUMBER .
IF IT SAYS INHIBIT ON IT IT ? ITS THE WRONG COMPARITOR .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »

The one I am using is a CC-16D, 4B
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »

Now as luck would have it, I'm getting a 21 coin in error, I guess I may have a bad optics board?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 02:43:53 AM »

Test your coin-in optic boards.
You can go into the Machine Tests if you know how to do that.
If not, just try pressing the "Service Coin" button on the coin-in optics board under the CC.
Each press of that momentary switch will register one credit - up the the max. credits of whatever SS reel chip you have installed.

Check the pathway of the coin-in optics decoder to see if anything is blocking any of the optical holes.
Also check the main Molex connector between the CC and door harness for oxidization of the female receptor pins and/or the male pins.
Are the two wires going into the circuit board of the CC gray in color?
Are you positive that the connections one the two male pins on top of the CC are completely free of any oxidization?
Is the coin rake adjusted correctly and free of any possible interference from the CC's metal body?

Do you have the correct main harness for this CC?
There should be a red looped wire on the CC end of the harness.
Check all the wires on the harness for continuity using a multimeter.

Please feel welcome to post pictures of your coin mechanism setup as someone may spot an error.

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 04:59:52 AM »

The test button below the CC won't add credits now, the pathway for the decoder is clear, no oxidation on the male or female ends of the connectors. The 2 wires from the rake are grey in color, pretty sure it is the correct harness going to the CC. Here are a few pics. All I am getting now is a "21" coin optics error, even though I open and close the door to clear it, it goes blank for a few seconds and the "21" error comes back on, door optics are working fine. When I drop a quarter into the machine, now it just drops straight to the tray, like the rake is not diverting it to the optics board so it can see the coin.

Note: Even though these pics show a CC 16-C, I tried the CC 16D, 4B and it did not work either.

Thanks,

David

* IMG_3811.jpg (218.33 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 373 times.)

* IMG_4744.jpg (188.98 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 365 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:53 AM »

If you have a 21 error, the comparator won't try to accept a coin and it should just reject it to the tray.  The comparator will only attempt to accept coins if there are no errors on the machine and the "Insert Coin" light is lit.

Swap in a known good coin-in optics board to help isolate where the issue is.  Basic stuff.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »

The one in the machine is the only one I have, I will have to get another one. I will post a WTB in the classifieds section, thanks.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 01:22:00 AM »

If I were you, I'd take out the coin mech, dissemble the coin-in optics sandwiched boards and inspect them closely.
The "A' optic in this photo below looks suspect, though the picture is not the highest quality.

Click on photo to enlarge if needed...>>>

* ABC Optics.jpg (421.7 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 601 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.