Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bally Game Maker Tournament Mode
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Game Maker Tournament Mode  (Read 7257 times)
cooptown
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »

Hello,

I have the three tourney eproms and 23 mains on a GM 7200.  I was wondering if anyone has had success setting up the Tournaments. I installed a a key switch which is what I thought I was missing.  Unfortunately, it has not opened me up to being able to change tournament setting to ON during reset. Do I need to take the other 7 eproms out?  Do I need older mains? Is there a way to trigger tournament after a reset?  Are there special dip switch settings?  I have tournament instructions, but it only talks about what to after the machine recognizes the eproms.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  Is there anyone who has set up a Game Maker for tournament who can tell me what I am missing?

Thanks,
Ben
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »

Hey Ben,

Have you tried putting only the tourney eproms in after removing all other games and then doing a clear via P-10?

I am sure you have, but worth a shot? I would think P1-P3 would be best.

Have you tried different mains?

Isn't there a choice during eeprom set-up for tournament mode on/off?

It's been awhile since I've cleared, as i like my set up.

If I could get around better, I would give it try, and may still.

Richard
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:38:38 PM by ricker » Logged
Neonkiss
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »

I have set up tournament mode on the gamemaker before.
Yes during setup and machine config you have to select tournament.
You then get other screens to select time and amount of money to start. Other options are for breaks during play or break during next tournament game.

Now here is the really important part of all this. You can't set up tournament mode with regular game chips. You need tournament game chips and I have only seen two. I don't remember what games they were, but I could look them up if necessary.

If during setup the machine cant find the tournament games, I would check the games to be sure they actually are tournament chips.
At one time I was playing with the code on regular games and could get the machine to read the programs as tournament chips, but I was still missing part of the code for the time, duration and amount.

And yes there is an extra set of wiring by the key switch to install the second key switch. You will use the second key switch to start a new tournament and again to clear the totals from the last tournament.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
cooptown

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »

I did try putting in just the tourney chips in slots 1-3.  No luck with that unfortunately.  The only thing left I can think of to try is to use older mains.  Seems strange that going backwards might be the answer, but I might order them if I can't come up with something else. 

Any other ideas?  Ricker?  NeonKiss?  Thanks for trying to help!

Ben
Neonkiss
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »

This is what I was using when I had Tournament mode setup

Graphics
V7G100000004-14 G0  55C8
V7G200000004-14 G1  146B

Mains
V7M1MPOH5204-24 M0 D89E
V7M4MPOH5204-24 M1 6D21

I hope this helps

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
rma
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 02:11:49 AM »

Hi Ben,  This was a topic on this board several years ago.  You might want to follow this link. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=515.msg3351#msg3351.  I have not found a game that would not run in the trournament mode.  Good luck Dave (rma)

Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional.
cooptown

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »

Hi RMA.  I'll guess you give me hope.  I just read your linkI'm gonna have to try changing MAINS.  Do you know which ones you use?  For some reason my 23 mains will not allow me to change tournament mode to ON during setup.  It is the same on all three of my boards and all are 23's. 

Thanks,
Ben
rma
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 03:39:46 AM »

Hi Ben,  Finally had time to dig out my Gamemaker tournament board.  It has 22 mains, and 08 graphics.  It allows you to use any regular Gamemaker eprom in the tournament mode at the listed odds.  The standalone Tournament chips (I have only seen two  Z7340 Stars and Bars and P0461 Draw Poker), must be the only games on the board. fter setup when you close the main door your screen will show "game disabled".  Turn the second key (tournament key) to start play.    I have  used both 22 & 24 mains with no problems.  Good luck Dave (rma)

Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.