Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:39:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Need Help Installing a Progressive In An S-2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Help Installing a Progressive In An S-2000  (Read 3706 times)
erbs
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 66

« on: April 10, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »

I want to start out mentioning that I don't know the 1st thing about setting up a stand alone Progressive. no Got a machine that was a progressive. Looks like all the parts are there but not sure. Need someone who has set these up before to verify that I have all the parts needed. From what the label states its a Cham 2+. Game is a S-2000 Double Dollars 9 line. Thanks for any help, Ed

* DSCN5150.JPG (939.22 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 384 times.)

* DSCN5152.JPG (941.05 KB, 1944x2592 - viewed 397 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:14:03 PM »

You will need a key chip - do not key chip the machine until you are sure you have the cham II+ configured correctly.
Mikohn PSP 2 or PSP 3 software for your computer, computer can not be running a 64 bit version of Windows (windows 8 32-bit will work - 8 will ask if you want to enable 16-bit program use)
 also a serial port is a must (some USB to Serial adapters will work - ones that use a FTDI chipset will work well, others may or may not work.
 a serial cable with a minor modification (jumper pins 1 and 5 at the cham II+ (top row of he DB9) in a pinch I used 26-30 gauge wire and carefully placed it in the connector just before plugging in the serial cable. OR if you are good at soldering make it a bit more permanent.
Also the cham II+ and PSP manuals will be helpful, I believe they are in the NLG download area (its one of the buttons on main page.)
 I do believe you have to have the cham II+ set for m08 and m8 for the Functions keys F4 and F8 (in jackpot programming in the PSP software) it has to do with how the S2000 and cham II communicate with each other.

You you are going to need a harness between them
S2000 end is a 6 pin Molex SL 0.100" connector (same style with more pins as the audio connector on PATA CD-ROM/DVD drives)
Cham II end is 2x7 0.100 Berg, IDC or other standard 0.100" connector (same style as the IDE/PATA/USB header connectors on a computer motherboard
Pinouts are in the Cham II+ manual.

Configuring the S2000 (its under 7.3.1 and it is a link level 1
Once you set it in the key chip and exit the machine is going to be looking for a progressive controller be connected to the motherboard or the comm boar
You can use either connection int the machine.
It a 6 pin black and labeled progressive near it (MB) (I think J15 on motherboard and j85 at the comm board but I might be off on the numbers a bit.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stormrider
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:25:46 PM »

Nice post Foster  Clap

+1 (Karma, or whatever)

Tim
erbs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »

Foster,  applause Thanks for the info. I do have the key chip. I will have to look to see if I have an older comp with the port needed. Would you have a pic of the cable that I need to make up? Also not sure how to hook it all up. It will take me a while to get things together. Ed
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »

Here is a picture of the cable you need to build, the PSP program, and r273's settings which helped me a ton.  Also check out all the other threads that discuss the programming and setup of the progressive.  If you don't have a cable to modify, you could also buy one for a nominal fee from any of the great slot companies on the home page.  I just happened to get mine (and complete progressive kit) from Samron Slots.  That should get you pointed in the right direction!   Cool Thumbs-Up

* r273CHAMII+ PSP and Settings.zip (1019.31 KB - downloaded 281 times.)
* PSP_RS232.pdf (96.71 KB - downloaded 256 times.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:43:06 AM by Fourbyracer » Logged

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
erbs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »

Thanks Fourbyracer for the pics. That will help considerably. As mentioned I am going into this blind not knowing much about getting progressives to work. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.