Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  17" Gamemaker CRT to LCD conversion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 17" Gamemaker CRT to LCD conversion  (Read 3101 times)
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« on: April 11, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »

Hello everyone... I have an upright 17" Bally Gamemaker with a CRT .  I'd like to switch it over to a 17" LCD.  I'd like to find out exactly what parts are needed and how difficult it is to convert the monitor to an LCD.  I wouldn't mind a decent used LCD If anyone has one available.  If anyone has the parts needed; or can direct me to someone who might,   I'd appreciate any help you can provide.  Thanks, Bill

* Gamamaker 004.JPG (329.91 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 317 times.)

* Gamamaker 012.JPG (561.44 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 347 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »

Bill I know very little about a Gamemaker, but I think if you buy a Ceronix LCD it will come in the metal frame work just like your CRT. ( I know for a fact that's the way their LCDs for a IGT are) all you have to do is change the monitor bezel on the door and the rest is plug and play.

Some LCDs are mounted to the door and I figured out a long time ago that was not for me. I would bet just about everyone of us has had a main door opened all the way and for some reason walked away from the machine only to hear the door slam shut.  If I had a 500 dollar monitor mounted to that slamming door I think the cold chills would run up and down my back. That's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
azgamingslots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »

i've done several conversions for game maker 7000 and game king,  talk to lisa at ceronix.com.  she can set you up with a new LCD touchscreen for about 500 bones.   it makes the machine look beautiful, gives you a little more viewing space, the machine runs cooler, and graphics are excellent.  the monitor has a factory warranty, so if the door gets slammed too many times and you can stretch the truth a bit -you're covered -as long as there isn't any breakage.
ps the monitor slides in exactly as the old one, it also comes with a new flat screen bezel.

* gmflat3d.JPG (802.95 KB, 900x1200 - viewed 302 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.