Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  5x Pay S-2000 Startup Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5x Pay S-2000 Startup Problem  (Read 2821 times)
Dean Lomax
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »

Hello, I have a 5x Pay IGT, S-2000 slot machine. When I turn it on, it will light up, but I have to wait several minutes before it does anything. The reels won't spin, Netplex will not start, The Bill validator will not reset, the button lights will not come on,,, nothing. I try tuning the reset key,, still nothing. I just have to wait. It just started doing this, I didn't make any changes. Sometimes I wait for a few minutes,, sometimes 15-20 minutes before I get any action.
Has anyone heard of this?   

Thanks
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »

First thing I would suspect is a weak power supply. Does it work alright once it gets going?
Dean Lomax

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

Yes,, it works great once it gets going. Is the power supply a common problem with the S-2000's?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »

Not a common "problem" per se, they do get old and the capacitors and such wear out like any electronic part will. No guarantees this is your problem either, but where it warms up and works, the most likely culprit would be capacitors in the power supply. Failing capacitors will often times work like they are suppose to after they warm up. Your power supply is located on the back wall behind the reels. With the machine off, you might try taking the reels out, removing the power supply, inspect it's plug and pins and re-insert it to see if it might be a connection issue with the socket. There are absolutely other things that can cause this, just trying to give you a place to start
Dean Lomax

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:07:30 AM »

You might be on to something with the capacitor theory. I started up the machine and waited the usual 20 minutes for it to fire up, played it for a while, then shut it off. I let it sit for about a half hour, then turn it on while it was still warm,, it fired up instantly.
Do you think we could eliminate the motherboard as the culprit?
Thanks
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »

You do prob. have a weak cap. in pwr. supply.  They "store and release pwr."  It will evidentually go all the way out.  While you are waiting do you get any codes or is it just all pretty much "dead"-?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »

You might be on to something with the capacitor theory. I started up the machine and waited the usual 20 minutes for it to fire up, played it for a while, then shut it off. I let it sit for about a half hour, then turn it on while it was still warm,, it fired up instantly.
Do you think we could eliminate the motherboard as the culprit?
Thanks

Can't really eliminate anything at this point unless you have a spare power supply to swap out, which is a good thing to have on a shelf somewhere anyway. An MPU having to warm up to work would be an very unusual problem though. That's the biggest drawback to repair forums, most repairs are made by trial, error and parts swapping because the people "fixing" it, the members with knowledge here on the site, don't have it in a shop setting to hook up test equipment and eliminate possibilities
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:21 AM »

I agree with cowboy. If you have another s-2000 take pwr. supply out and do a "cold" start t'mrow and see what happens.  I have seen some crazy problems however. I have seen net plex componets cause simular problems.  (bv,displayEtc. depending on game type and set up).
Dean Lomax

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »

OK, I will start with the power supply. I found one on ebay for about $50. Thanks for the help! This site has been priceless since I bought my two slots last year.
PEGASUS,, I haven't seen any Netplex errors, everything except the florescent lights would not power up. When it finally did power up, everything looked and played normally.
Thanks again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.