Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Standalone progressive options? Help needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Standalone progressive options? Help needed  (Read 3841 times)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« on: April 12, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »

So, I received a Haywire RT game kit with the progressive display. Its a ChamII 12 cell with no boards, wiring/cables, etc. From the few searches I have done, it seems the ChamII cannot be used as a stand alone.. Also it uses a con2i (which is big$$$) to run it if i'm not mistaken. Its home will be in a S+ 16mhsssrz.. - On to the questions:

Can the chamII be set up as a standalone inexpensively or at all?

What are my other options to get the progressive "spot" up and running?

Will my slot function properly without the progressive hooked up?, Like if I hit the progressive, what would happen? (chips: sp 2/21 & ss 4080 If this info is needed??)

Any help would be great.. (I would be interested in a full progressive kit to fill the spot, if this chamII is useless to my situation)

Harvey

Would this unit work for a standalone progressive?

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1191

* photo (34).JPG (1630.91 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 343 times.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:40:47 PM by Harvey » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »

A couple of things:

Your SP chip has an actual number -- "2/21" are the two game types that it supports (Haywire and Haywire Deluxe).  Follow the directions here to determine your SP chip number, and then we can get you the PSR (Program Summary Report) for that chip which will list its progressive support.

Right now if you hit the jackpot, either the normal (non-progressive) award amount will be displayed, or nothing will be displayed along with the "ding-ding-ding-ding-ding" of the machine being locked up and both lights in the candle flashing.  It depends on what settings are supported by and enabled in your SP chip.  A turn of the jackpot reset key will reset the jackpot lockup, regardless.

You need a ChamII+ to add to your machine, which is the stand-alone version of the Mikohn progressive.  You should be able to use the same display you already have.  I don't think you can convert your ChamII to a ChamII+, but I'd leave that for a bigger Mikohn expert to confirm for sure.

There are tons of posts here in the Mikohn section discussing setting up a ChamII+ as a stand-alone progressive controller.

As always, if you're interested in purchasing a ChamII+, your best bet would be to place an ad in the Classifieds section of the forum.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:45:46 PM »

A couple of things:

Your SP chip has an actual number -- "2/21" are the two game types that it supports (Haywire and Haywire Deluxe).  Follow the directions here to determine your SP chip number, and then we can get you the PSR (Program Summary Report) for that chip which will list its progressive support.

Right now if you hit the jackpot, either the normal (non-progressive) award amount will be displayed, or nothing will be displayed along with the "ding-ding-ding-ding-ding" of the machine being locked up and both lights in the candle flashing.  It depends on what settings are supported by and enabled in your SP chip.  A turn of the jackpot reset key will reset the jackpot lockup, regardless.

You need a ChamII+ to add to your machine, which is the stand-alone version of the Mikohn progressive.  You should be able to use the same display you already have.  I don't think you can convert your ChamII to a ChamII+, but I'd leave that for a bigger Mikohn expert to confirm for sure.

There are tons of posts here in the Mikohn section discussing setting up a ChamII+ as a stand-alone progressive controller.

As always, if you're interested in purchasing a ChamII+, your best bet would be to place an ad in the Classifieds section of the forum.
Thx for the info. I will most likely post a WTB soon. Or...

Would this unit work from Rudy's?

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1191

Thx for your help!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »

Highly doubtful.  The picture isn't clear enough to read the labels on it, but the description mentions "linker" which implies to me that it's another unit that's designed to be driven by a master unit.  You need one that is specifically a "ChamII+" (the plus makes it stand-alone) or a unit that otherwise specifically specifies that it's a stand-alone unit for your machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »

Highly doubtful.  The picture isn't clear enough to read the labels on it, but the description mentions "linker" which implies to me that it's another unit that's designed to be driven by a master unit.  You need one that is specifically a "ChamII+" (the plus makes it stand-alone) or a unit that otherwise specifically specifies that it's a stand-alone unit for your machine.
Right. I am just rushing to get my gameroom finished and noticed that was available so thought I'd ask. I did post a WTB but no bites yet.. Thx Knagl.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.