Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  My S+ speaker upgrade...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My S+ speaker upgrade...  (Read 3046 times)
Britanski
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

« on: April 28, 2013, 05:33:14 AM »

My first machines were S2000's.  Versatile and programmable with legible displays. 
A recent machine is an S+... yikes!  The S+ is in the stone-age  Tongue Out compared to the S2000. 
I'm an audio professional for a living, so the S+ sound was hard to take, lol.   hissy fit   

I bypassed the silly 2" speaker at the bottom of the door.   stir the pot / get cooking   

I know others have done this, but I didn't find any listings as I looked. So I'm listing my own experience/project.

I had an older stereo speaker system with a small sub-woofer and I wasn't using it for anything. So I just wired it to the door speaker leads and now have great sound that's comparable to the S2000 and adjustable with the remote control. (Bass and Volume).

I used the Creative Inspire T3000 speaker system. Just two speakers and a small sub.  Many types are easy to find now and very cheap. 
Sitting at the machine, the sound appears to come from the machine itself.  I'd never guess it's on top.  Try it! 
Here's a pic of how I set it up on top of the machine..  it sounds fantastic! 

* HP Sound plus1.jpg (569.49 KB, 1024x699 - viewed 386 times.)

* HP Sound plus1.jpg (569.49 KB, 1024x699 - viewed 354 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »

Question, isn't putting a stereo system on a S+ a whole lot like putting a Mink Coat on Edith Bunker. End results are you still have a " dingbat "

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 03:38:24 PM »

Question, isn't putting a stereo system on a S+ a whole lot like putting a Mink Coat on Edith Bunker. End results are you still have a " dingbat "

I'm at a coffee shop and just about rolled off my chair laughing! Buzz just made my day!  bust gut laughing Cry Laughing

BUT I have a few Edith Bunker machines and wouldn't mind a little better sound out of them.
Britanski

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »

"Very funny Meat head".   Wink   More like putting a paper bag over her head if you have to 'play' .. . .. .  ttth

Any way to make Edith sound less the whinny b*tch is a plus for a +.   yes
Britanski

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »

Oh sorry...that was a reference to the old "All in the Family" sitcom, Buzz.   Crazy   

... and to help "Edith" look even better, try installing a Phillips "Natural Light" T8 tube for the 'Reel' light.  She looks great in that coat!    +1 (Karma, or whatever)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »

It's kinda like installing a Blaupunkt stereo in my old '74 Toyota Corolla... bust gut laughing
Great job with that!!!  yes applause Clap
Britanski

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:33 AM »

lol.. nice! Right on!  If that upgrade gave you added pleasure while driving the car, then it's all worth it.   yes  Hell, it's what many people do here!

Sound-wise, the subwoofer/speaker upgrade made this S+ more enjoyable to play, like an S2000 .. so it's all worth it.  
Not to mention, the added bonus of adjusting volume only by reaching over the top of the machine while playing (pic), instead of having to open it up and fiddle with that nutty volume pot on the board.   no  

When you buy an old Slot you do one of two things:
- Clean it up, taking apart buttons, glass and all for a better experience. Or...
- Just play it as is and wonder why it's as undesirable as Edith Bunker.  wave

People buy older cars with similar options.  I like to clean, mod and/or upgrade things for pleasure, hobby and value!

Thanks y'all!  

* HP Sound plus1-2.jpg (413.88 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 312 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.