Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  New to EM slots - Picked up a Bally 922 on Sunday...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to EM slots - Picked up a Bally 922 on Sunday...  (Read 2742 times)
Petrolero
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 03, 2013, 12:49:14 AM »

Greetings:

This looks like a great forum - especially OldReno's work here...

I picked up a Bally 922 on Sunday from an estate sale.  I had help getting it into the back of the pickup but got it out and into place by myself (gulp!!).  Thank goodness for luck and two-wheelers!

At first it wouldn't spin the reels but I figured out that most of the lube is getting really sticky instead of slick so got past that problem.  I'm to the point - after downloading some excellent PDF's on these - that I have it working except for one persistent issue and another intermittent one.  First the persistent one:  The first coin in always kills all previous line lights on the top and reel panels, but coin number two appears to do nothing.  Coin 3 causes the second line to light, coin 4 causes line 3 to light, and coin 5 causes line 4 to light.  Line 5 never lights, yet will pay when hit.  Another hint is that the 'coin accepted' light is usually a bit lazy on the first coin but instantaneous for all 4 remaining.  Any idea where to look?

Intermittent problem is that the 'winner paid' light sometimes stays on after the next pull of the handle, and sometimes the next pull douses it...

Other than that, I can report that the coins in and coins paid counters have two zeros in front of the numbers, perhaps indicating that this machine has not been used all that much.  On the other hand, the two half-gears on the right side of the reel unit that are driven from the outside play arm appear to have some play in them, plus there is a bit of wear on a few lines of the wiper buttons...

I'm looking forward to keeping this around for a long time!

Thanks for any help...

Petrolero
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »

Make sure the machine's warm so the grease isn't thick.  Oil your odds disc on the top unit, and make sure it steps and resets all the way when you work the plungers...  Sometimes the fingers on the odds board are sticky and it does not reset all the way quickly.  A little light oil on the buttons and disc might help that. and on the shaft
Cool.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.