Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ - payout during testing??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ - payout during testing??  (Read 5084 times)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« on: March 19, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »

I thought when you tested an IGT S+ (door open - using the coin button on the coin optic) -  machine would play - wins etc would show but not "COUNT".  When I was testing an got a win - the hopper activated!!  (did not have the credit activated - didn't think I had to).  Is this correct?  Any credits won with door open go away when you close the door - but hopper will activate?  thanks.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

Yes, that is normal ...I never hit the jackpot though....lol
Again, it's only in "Testing" mode - the credits or wins accumulated with that little optic switch , will  go away once the door is closed and resume normal play like it was before you put the game in test mode.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »

Barry   I had a similiar problem and it turned out to the credit/cash out switch wired wrong.  its the only switch wired differently from all the rest. Its very noticable.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:02:36 PM »

Thanks for the info - I was needlessly to say - stunned - when I get a winner with the door open and the hopper engages.   I know I have had winners before and the wins went to the credit meter - not to the hopper - close the door and credits would disappear.    Will check out the credit  button as you mention.  thanks.
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »

Hello!

Were there a lot of credits on the machine?  Could be that the win + credits on the machine would have put you over the credit limit set on the machine.  That would make the hopper payout automatically.

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »

no there were no credits - opened door - powered up - with door OPEN used optic button to coinup - play - win - coins!!!!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »

I've always set my S+ machines to auto-credit (5  0), so I can't say if that setting affects open-door test play, since I would expect all credits to go to the meter on my machines in any event. However, now you've got me curious as to whether that setting affects open-door play or not. I'll set up an experiment on my machine and post back.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »

Yes! The cash/credit setting and the state of the button upon opening the door DO determine what will happen in test play. propeller propeller  I  learned something new today. stir the pot / get cooking

So if your credit option is anything other than (5  0), which would be either (5  1) or (5  2), then the cash credit switch must be manually verified to be turned on after opening the door and BEFORE initiating play. If the credit switch is off, then test play wins will pay to the hopper just as actual play wins would.

I don't know if this is the source of your issue, but there's a good chance that it is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:22:43 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »

Barry    as StatFreak said its one or the other. I was sure of the switch being mis-wired because it happened to me. I tried the other way and when it was set to 5 1  , when you got a hit it payed from the hopper. So if I were you I would press the self test button three times, you should have either a 5 0, 5 1 or a 5 2  in the winner paid window. Use the spin button to change the second digit. Set it to 5 0 . That should take care of it.  You can continue thru that menu and check  the settings of your machine.  e.g.  turn on the bell, have the hopper pay out when bills are inserted instead of going to credits, check the status of your dip switch settings without having to remove the board, etc,etc, 

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 12:57:58 AM »

thank you - will try this tomorrow.   
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 08:30:30 PM »

Changed the setting from 51 to 50 and all is well - again - learned something NEW - thats the key word in NLG.  thanks to all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.