Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:30:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Button Legends for Game King
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Button Legends for Game King  (Read 3002 times)
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: May 07, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

Hello all,

Had some success last night in finally getting my Game King to work, now I need to start the tweaking, couldn't bear to do all of that before I was sure it would work.  The game was a I-game before so has the double deck of buttons with the large round one to the far right.  Bet 10 Bet 20, etc...  I'm looking for the ones that actually say Hold/Cancel and Deal/Draw.  From what I have read on here its hard to find those legends.  Thought maybe someone had created a template for them, didn't want to reinvent the wheel.  Also, what is the easiest way to get those stinking caps off without destroying the cap or the space around them?

Got a lot of work to do on this one but you have to start somewhere, at least its taking me money and beating me.

Mike
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »

Hey, here's a link to button removal.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=190.0

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=190.0;attach=806

Richard
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:32 AM »

Oh and one other question, where in the setup can you enable the double up option?

Thanks for the help on the buttons, will give it a try when I find some legends.

Mike
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 05:44:30 AM »

Hello all,

Had some success last night in finally getting my Game King to work, now I need to start the tweaking, couldn't bear to do all of that before I was sure it would work.  The game was a I-game before so has the double deck of buttons with the large round one to the far right.  Bet 10 Bet 20, etc...  I'm looking for the ones that actually say Hold/Cancel and Deal/Draw.  From what I have read on here its hard to find those legends.  Thought maybe someone had created a template for them, didn't want to reinvent the wheel.  Also, what is the easiest way to get those stinking caps off without destroying the cap or the space around them?

Got a lot of work to do on this one but you have to start somewhere, at least its taking me money and beating me.

Mike

Mike Are you saying the game set I sent you worked and saved a Game King from a trip to the local land fill ??

Two ways I get the clear lens off, I just use the sharp part of the blade of my pocket knife and cut upwards at one of the corners. The other way is remove the lower light bulb holder and using a small nut driver just push up from the bottom.

I bought a Brothers label maker that prints up to a 3/4 inch tape. Bought some Black on clear tape and make what ever legend I want.  If your old legend is printed on the white plastic a sheet of very fine sandpaper will remove the printing real fast. ( A knife sharping stone will also work pretty good )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »

A friend of mine uses transparency film and prints new legends on it with a laser printer, then cuts them down to size to fit in the buttons.  With the correct font, they look pretty darn good.  I don't have the file he uses, however, so there might be a need to re-invent the wheel unless someone else has one.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions on buttons and legends.  Buzz, I think it was a combo of chips and a third monitor.  I put the new chips in and it was acting a bit better but still not playable, I then removed the CRT assembly and installed a different monitor, another very burned in old CRT and everything started working.  So evidently I have two monitors, one CRT and on LCD both with bad touch screens.  I need to see if I can find a monitor that is brighter and not so burned in but at least now I have proof that the machine will work.  The LCD I have has a great looking picture so probably just needs a new touch screen installed and probably would not hurt to get a new touch screen controller as well.  Wonder if Glenn in Miss. has any of those or at least a decent CRT, may have to check with him.

The saga continues but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Thanks again to everyone for the help, ideas, parts etc...

Mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.